Customize

"grieving is not a part of $cientology"

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by yoWilliewhatup, Jul 29, 2009.

1. "grieving is not a part of $cientology"

Listening to the radio this morning. The DJ was doing "celebrity news.
    said that Cruise and Travolta have had a blow-up when Cruise admonished Travolta telling him that grieving is not a part of Scientology.

Anybody else heard this?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: "grieving is not a part of Scientology"

interesting. do you have a link? the station?
  3. Sci No Moar Member

Re: "grieving is not a part of $cientology"

This is a true statement from a scientologists perspective. Why would you grieve over someone dropping his body? He has surely picked up a new one by now and he is probably better off. Besides he was obviously a degraded being anyway considering his problems.

I could see a scientologist thinking this way but it would take a real asshole to say it to a father who had just lost his son. If this is true then I hope there really is a hell so that Tom can burn in it forever. If I was JT and that fucker had said that to me I would beat him down in public.
  4. Anonymous Member

dox or it didn't happen.
  5. Suzette Member

You can make a similar argument in many other religious traditions. "You shouldn't be unhappy; your son is in heaven with Jesus," that sort of thing. It's callous when people of any faith say it. It does seem that I recall some sea ogres having been told something like "Get over it; it's just a meat body," when they asked for bereavement leave, however.
  6. Anonynamefag Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, but still, dox or gtfo.
  7. Yoni Alter Member

He heard it on the radio. I'm not saying it's a signed confession, but it's hard to dox that. SUPPORTING evidence would be nice.
  8. Haruhi Member

They usually get their content from published articles, usually from a wire service or sites like TMZ, etc. It shouldn't be too hard to dig around and find something that backs this up, if accurate.
  9. cubby Member

my coworker told me some guy on the elevator said that the church of scientology announced they were closing their doors

not sure what station it was on, apparently the guy gets some radio through the fillings in his teeth so this is gonna be hard to dox!
  10. OHSHI Member

Grieving is below 2.0 on the tone scale.

You have to be CAUSE!!! :D!!!

/lie to yourself
  11. Anonymous Member

They usually get their fillings from dentists, usually from a dental office or sites like SMILE, INC. It shouldn't be too hard to dig around and find something that backs this up, if accurate.
  12. Anonymous Member

Yep, GRIEF and SYMPATHY are very low toned, per the scilon Tone Scale, and these emotions are NON-SURVIVAL. OTs should already be purged of these non-optimum emotions.
  13. Anonymous Member

Jesus wept.

How can they teach grief is unacceptable but yet pretend that they accept Christianity? Can they possibly be any more hypocritical. EVERY aspect of the cult is rife with hypocrisy.
  14. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

If this is true, this shows how big of an ego Tom *laugh* Cruiser has... I bet good money if he lost Suri (Xenu forbid that... really), he'd go on Opera and cry like a baby after treating her couch like a trampoline again...

This also shows how Scientology views people: NOT as humans, but as [STRIKE]cattle [/STRIKE]unrealistic beings that have no emotions. Like Spock or something. Not a survival emotion? WTF?! John "Oh My Gawd" Travolta has every right to grieve, $cilon or not!
  15. Herro Member

I know a guy whose friend cuts the hair of a guy who knows this dude that works for an accountant whose secretary once was in a threesome with this couple who's gardener finds coded messages in his alphabet soup and he said that David Miscavige preforms ritualistic sacrifices to coax LRH's thetan back to earth.
  16. Anonymous Member

I'm sure they could.
  17. Anonymous Member

Lrn2Rhetorical
  18. Uncle Bruce Member

Quit some time ago R.V. Young wrote about one of DM's assistants who asked for time off because his new born son had died. DM told him to suck it up, the thetan will get a new body, so nothing was lost.
  19. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I am guessing these sacrifices are virgins? Or is Davy "Slappy Squirrel" Miscaviage slapping something I dread to finish that train of thought......
  20. Re: "grieving is not a part of $cientology"

I heard it on the radio bitches
    98.7 in my local market, oldies
    shortly thereafter they played You Make Loving Fun by fleetwood mack

dox enough 4u?
  21. auchraw Member

Like all this kind of mythologising it doesn't matter a lot if this is literally true or not. It is exactly what every informed person - except followers of LRH - can imagine happening on the basis of what they know about Scientology and the two guys in question. I am not sure I believe it happened in real life but emotionally or artistically it is sound.

I begin to like John Travolta better and better.
  22. add1X Member

When I was in I had to undergo ethics handling for taking time to deal with a death of a family member. I was also hounded and harrassed to "get back on post". Grieving wasn't acceptable either. Grief is downtone. And, a real scientologist knows that 1) they just dropped the body and will get another one and 2) that there are many more upstat, uptone things that need to be done.
  23. cubby Member

o_o
  24. skollie Member

That was Mike Rinder

Mike Rinder
  25. Re: "grieving is not a part of Scientology"

No - I need more dox. I have many unanswered questions:

Who makes loving fun?
    How do they make it fun?
    How much fun?
    Was it really not fun before?
  26. Anonymous Member

Not really. kthxbye
  27. NCSP Member

I am also waiting for more dox, in the form of mountains of cocaine. If anyone can provide such documentary evidence, please be in touch.
  28. Re: "grieving is not a part of Scientology"

I had also heard that same story from a guy on the bus who's cousin's imaginary friend first heard it one day from a psychiatrist's couch.
  29. Haruhi Member

I kind of love you.

But only if you'll play Rumors in the background when I stick it in you.
  30. PAnonA Member

Dox pls. Internetz search is failing me.
  31. Herro Member

Lol, not even close.

Yes, the truth doesn't matter- as long as it's bad for scientology. But of course when scientologists twist the truth it's evil and despicable.
  32. JohnnyRUClear Member

And therein lies the difference: with Scientology, this kind of callous behavior is KSWing, whereas with "real" religions, someone who says that is misapplying something.

Difficult.
  33. FUCK Member

still waiting for dox.