Customize

Gregg Summoned, Needs Legal Help

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by tiggernew, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Skeptic1337 Member

Re: Gregg Summoned, Needs Legal Help

Sorry arnie, my point was that since the state is involved and in theory prosecuting you don't have "discovery" process like you do in a civil trial not the actual use of the word "civil".

And if you got some spare change rolling around this is a fine time to put it to good use.
  2. an om onus Member

Thanks for all the help! Cash -> Money orders sounds like a good idea. =)
  3. gtfo_co$ Member

lol they can't help filing such stupid lawsuits... its what theyve been told to do since day one.

no way they can make anything stick, gregg ftw.
  4. orly Member

If you win, which you almost certainly will (do we have video evidence? If so, get a copy of that and have it ready for anyone who wants it; learn from how Rorsach's doing), seriously consider taking the CoS to court or something for the trouble and ask them to pay your legal fees.
  5. Re: Gregg Summoned, Needs Legal Help

On that note... We do need to be keeping a database of court rulings regarding incidents about this event from the onset.

It would be an invaluable aid to future proceedings and a huge asset to any lawyers which are retained in the future. (also helpful in convincing a lawyer to help if we can show what has happened as far as rulings in the past... especially if the cases are similar and in the same state.)

Similar evidence may be needed in future cases... and if we can get a stockpile of such items regarding lawsuits it will be much less costly in the future as far as booked hours for preparation, etc... and "we" may end up out 'paperpiling' the CO$ in this matter eventually.
  6. anonEmouser Member

I third the motion. We build up a supporting stack of precedent, pattern of behavior, and rulings and we can use it to both
    a) Defend anons frivolously charged
    b) Wrap it up in a bigass bow and hand the FBI a RICO case so airtight it could be mistaken for a vacuum bag fetish.
  7. gregg Member

Absolutely. PM me and we can do it that way.

As for the people complaining about paypal, I just remove it from paypal nightly over to a bank account thats mine and was empty anyways (a savings account that had $3.02 in it when this all started.) So its out of paypal asap. That really makes sure they cant mess it up.
  8. Skeptic1337 Member

Gregg just remember to keep the total amount, chances are you will have to report it to the IRS.

So put some money aside for that as well just in case. Even if you give it to some one else down the road.

I'm not entirely sure how small gifts have to be accounted for but perhaps there is an accountfag around here who knows.
  9. FALLEN. Member

Gregg, are there any updates to your situation that you can discuss?

Is your lawyer able to talk to Graham and get advice?
  10. its.an0nym0us Member

FIXD
  11. Re: Gregg Summoned, Needs Legal Help

bumping for update?
  12. niffin Member

13. ravenanon Member

I wanted more.....Greg we miss you come back and tell us the good things and the bad things going on......
  14. ladybug2 Member

I think the charges will be dropped, (unless of course there is more than we know.) I feel that you were picked out because you are on probation and they hope this will put fear into anon. Good luck and please keep updated
  15. anon2487 Member

This.
    It's pretty much a given that Co$ will be monitoring this account (there's quite a few simple pretexts they can use to obtain the current balance), and every chance they'd tip off the IRS if they thought it'd cause you a bit more hassle/bad press etc.

Definitely worth making sure that you cross all the t's and dot all the i's. Not suggesting you wouldn't, but it's the sort of thing that's easy to overlook.

Anyway, good luck fella. With Sean's case out the window, I can't help feeling that yours may also go the same way.
  16. gregg Member

I have had a very busy week and of course weekend so far. I am finally home after an epic day in Boston today.

The update is pretty simple, I met with the lawyer on wednesday, it went well. He was left with some work to do and we are meeting again to discuss everything on monday. I will have a better update then.

I am tired and going to sleep now, long day...
  17. Anon23517 Member

I'm glad to hear the meeting with the lawyer went well. Sleep well. :)
  18. prot Member

:flowers: and hugs!
    we're waiting for the update
  19. Plups Member

Glad that went well, Gregg. Just know that lots of us are aware that your court date is this week and we want to know that you're feeling okay, that you're adequately resourced (ie. do the donations yet cover the lawyer's fee?) and that you'll ask if there's any information or other support you need. It will be forthcoming.
  20. gregg Member

Here is the video from our speeches yesterday that has me talking, its the end of the speeches. If you want to see the rest of them the account has videos 1 through 6.
  21. Anon23517 Member

This vid? YouTube - Operation Reconnect - Boston Common 07

Rock on, Gregg!

^ This.
  22. Elron Huppert Member

Since it is a preliminary hearing the chances are the Scilon who lodged the complaint won't show up so it will be tossed then. They know there is no evidence to be lodged outside of their complaint so the court would otherwise toss it because there is not enough evidence to go to trial.
  23. anonymustang Member

for faks sake guys... repeat after me: There have been no charges. Stop saying "zomg theyll be dropped".

The cult filed an application for a criminal complaint. Anyone can do this. It's a goddam request to throw a hissy-fit. I could go down and file 7 of these things right now.

Personal complaints should always be taken seriously, but a lot of people (such as that reporter) need a reality check before spreading false info.
  24. gregg Member

25. lermanet_com Member

Here is what happened in the case against Mark Bunker in 2001 for criminal trespass
    They claimed he went up the steps when he never left the sidewalk,,, THEY LIED
    LINK

You guys must raise cash for legal defense