Customize

gregg on CNN

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: gregg on CNN

I thought the same thing. LOL
  2. grebe Member

I was particularly impressed with Gregg here:

Questions with erroneous implicit assumptions are awkward (e.g., "have you stopped beating your wife?"). They're not sincere questions. They're assertions disguised as questions. And they usually piss me off and make me defensive.

In this case, the interviewer seemed to be saying that Anonymous was nothing more than a confused, reactive, emotional mob with "no real point." Gregg didn't take the bait but responded as a relatively objective observer of the Anonymous phenomenon. I think that worked very well on camera.

Rule of thumb for the "two talking heads" situation: strive to be the lesser of two crazies.

Don't let all this love go to your head, faggot. There are a lot of fallen rockstars on the road behind us.
  3. gregg Member

Thanks for the compliment.

As for your comment about fallen rockstars, you are absolutely right. I am only doing this because the press actually seem to like talking to me and they really badly want to print a name. Putting that together in the beginning of all this really put me right out front.

That said, it wont be going to me head, I am still just some guy, ya know?
  4. Anonymous Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but as far as a "spokesperson" for Anonymous you are probably the best we could hope for.

What about your other head?
  5. EyeOnSci Member

freedom of speech

articulation

understanding

Gregg

no egofaggotry

profit!

thnx again.
  6. AnonLover Member

Gregg was great, but the lady interviewing him was a douche... and her douchery was so bad, Gregg being great despite her was downright awesome!
  7. Anonymous Member

listen to this radio show in half an hour, he will be on (taped)

Radio Boston | WBUR
  8. Anonymous Member

Ok, listening to politics for the last 10 minutes is killing me , and next up is some book author :(
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

Awesome XD
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Req Member

YES! Oh God yes. If only Stieg lived.
  13. BusinessBecky Member

Should it be renamed to Gregg interviews?
  14. Anonymous Member

^^^^^ Seconded
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

^ not gregg
  18. BusinessBecky Member

lolcats-shoots-scores-wild.jpg
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

21. pedrofcuk Member

hmmm the public being a couple of thousand...
  22. Re: gregg on CNN

I would like to also thank Gregg for his wonderful interview on CNN International with that shrew, and for successfully maintaining his Alfred E. Newman impersonation at the same time. j/k on the last part.
  23. Anonymous Member

24. rof Member

vzqhu.jpg

YyiTe.jpg
  25. Anonymous Member

^^^Oh shit, it was Salander.
  26. Re: gregg on CNN

Given the shoes and the stance, offhand I'd say crush fetishists.
  27. rof Member

28. Darkduck Member

I like hte idea of being to "Op't in" to anonymous hacking....but damn it why don't you guys have that unsubscribe link, lol!!!
  29. Anonymous Member

YyiTe.jpg

If you met Cthulhu, afterward, you would not regret it.

Pick one:
    1. Because there would be nothing left capable of having regrets.
    2. Because the tentacle sex really is that good.
  30. Anonymous Member

31. veravendetter Member

Well done that (ex) anon! You came across rational and calm, while that slightly odd, screechy type woman, just seemed to be getting more vexed that she couldn't drag a sensationalist soundbyte out of you.
  32. Anondelivers Member

Good job, good job. Make sure you stay active and alert in your thoughts if you get further interviews, thinking about possible questions and answering them to yourself before the interview really pays off.

I was just now thinking about how to answer that first very difficult question or assumption, "What are you to anonymous, spokesperson, leader, what". You handled it well, though I don't know if the interviewer or many viewers at home really understood the concept of Anonymous.

"No, your information is false, I am not a spokesperson for anonymous. Anonymous by definition can not have a spokes*person*, because anonymous is a group of people that share one mask, one body, one functional mind, anonymous. Behind that mask there are millions of people with different motives and ideals. The only thing most of those people share in common in the wikileaks question is a single goal, protecting the freedom of information and the Internet.

I don't know who anonymous is. It could be you, it could be the viewer at home. What would be your reaction if i was able to say anything that comes to my mind and declare all of it as your individual thoughts and opinions. You wouldn't accept it, of course you wouldn't since we probably disagree on a lot of things, some people like chocolate ice cream some people prefer strawberry. Same goes for anonymous, a collective of individual people with their own thoughts. Anonymous could never accept someone as a leader or a spokesperson, because that would destroy the whole concept of anonymous.

So who am I today? I'm simply a person who has seen a lot and been through a lot of things and *thinks* he knows the ultimate goals of anonymous. I'm a self-appointed interpreter and mediator. Even though I'm not here today as anonymous, I feel that I have a responsibility towards anonymous to never claim to be anything else than an individual claiming to stand for what anonymous stands."

Or something along those lines, shortened to the 15sec airtime you have to answer the question before the interviewer cuts you off ...