Customize

Green Brief Update

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by NiteOwl, Dec 8, 2010.

1. NiteOwl Member

I'm currently writing mostly on my blog, EA, Huffington Post, Pajamas Media and other places about Iran and other stuff. I don't have the time to do the Green Briefs every day. BUT...

Once the protests restart and there are daily or at least weekly protests, then I will start doing Green Briefs again. As this is not a pro-bono effort, nor I hold any copyrights to the GBs- except of course using a link to the forum and not passing it around under your own name - if someone feels like picking it up, please let me know and you'll get my blessing.

(Or don't even contact me and do a good job and if the community blesses you, you're all for it.)

Until then, let's keep this place vibrant with links and such until new rounds of protests start.

P.S. I can't believe it was a YEAR AND A HALF ago that we started coming here. Feels like yesterday.

Best,

NiteOwl (AKA Josh Shahryar)
  2. Kruge Moderator

Hey - nice to see you're still around sometimes! :)
  3. NiteOwl Member

Of course I am online. We're still strong on Twitter. Are you there?
  4. Kruge Moderator

Yes, I'm still on twitter too. :) But since my workload has picked up again I can't follow all my tweets all day long any more, so I'm way behind.

I stick around here and hope that - if something "big" happens - it'll appear here too. ;)

And in the meantime I keep on cleaning up after spammers. ^^
  5. JohnDoe Moderator

I love your confidence Niteowl:D Do I read this that you believe protests will start again?
  6. spaz926 Member

I hope they will. And NiteOwl, I'll be happy to do the audio GreenBriefs if you start up again. :)
  7. Wow

It really is amazing, looking at events in Egypt today and all the coverage, to remember when the Green Brief was pretty much the only consistent source of news out of Iran during the protests. I remember you popping on in the irc and saying it was finished and folks tweeting and re-tweeting the addy.

Haha, or when the MSM actually started coming to you for info.

There were some really good times there.

I'm not a religious man or even a very spiritual man, but I find myself instinctively praying for the next few days in both Egypt and Iran.