Customize

Green Brief #92 Feb 4

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Feb 4, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #92

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

February 4, 2010

Protests/General news

1. Kalemeh is reporting that the Qoba Mosque in Shiraz, which is led by Ayatollah Ali Mohammad Dastgheib, a critic of the Government, was attacked again last night.

2. 90 Lebanese intellectuals have issued a statement of support to the green movement.

3. Anti-regime graffiti has been popping up all over Tehran.

4. The regime has increased their monitoring of internet connection in anticipation of 22 Bahman.

5. The hunt for Ashura protesters continue, with more and more ordinary citizens being arrested.

6. The internet was completely shut down in the Khorasan Provenance yesterday.

7. More protests are still being planned for 22 Bahman around the world.

Arrests/Sentences

1. Author and journalist, Javad Maherzadeh has been sentenced to four years in prison.

2. Maziar Samiee has been arrested.

3. Student, journalist, and political activist Noushin Jafari was arrested today.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests Protests in Iran

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com. If you are translating the Green Brief already could you send me an email so I can get a list of those who are translating it and into what language.

Today’s brief is short, Nasrin will be adding her bit later, I will also add some info as well.
  2. fianna22 here

Once again, thanks for this type of information. All the best to you both, Mick