Customize

Green Brief #84 Jan 6

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jan 6, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #84

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on WWP would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

Short GB tonight because of illness.

January 6, 2010

Protests/Unrest

1. It was reported today that more Iranian army forces have moved into Tehran. Army forces are stationed on every street and have been given orders to shoot any demonstrators.

2. Iran is now the nation with the most journalists in jail. Iran now has a total of 42 journalists in jail; the nation has now recovered its status as the biggest jail for the media.

3. The hack on Ahmadinejad’s website continues; the site was hacked and defaced yesterday. Late yesterday the site went down and is still down.

4. During today’s Singapore-Iran Soccer game, supporters of the Green Movement began chanting “O Hossein, Mir Hossein.” Pictures from the match show supporters draped in green and some reports indicate that people came from as far away as Malaysia purposely to show support for the Greens in Iran.

5. Several news reports state that Iran’s international karate team has refused to return to Iran.

Arrests

1. The total number of those arrested in the last week totals 180, most of whom are students, human rights campaigners, women’s rights activists and journalists.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests Iran Election Fallout: News & Videos about Iran Election

Miscellaneous

1. If you use twitter do not believe anything @iran115 says. He is an IR agent working to discredit honest twitterers like Niteowl and Austin Heap. He made a blacklist that includes many honest people - do not believe anything he says. Here is my report on @iran115 special report about iran115 - Why We Protest - IRAN

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com

Thanks to @Shhh527 for editing and adding some content to tonights Green Brief.

Lissnup’s world news round-up comes in three parts today:

Part 1 Iran in the World Press 07 Jan 2010 #Iranelection Part 1 - Liss's posterous

Part 2 Iran in the World Press 07 Jan 2010 #Iranelection Part 2 - Liss's posterous

Part 3 Iran in the World Press 07 Jan 2010 #Iranelection Part 3 - Liss's posterous
  2. Are you serious? I have not heard anything about this in other news sources. Where does this info come from? I feel strange with a statement like that and no reference provided for it. No offense, please.
  3. Agreed. WTB sources for full credit.