Customize

Green Brief #82 and #83 Jan 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jan 5, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #82 and #83

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and have not included any information in this brief that I could not confirm. I’ve combined the Green Brief for Jan 4th and Jan 5th.

Jan 4th and Jan 5th

Protests/Unrest

1. It has become clear that the Green Movement has moved into a phase of regrouping and is keeping a low profile. No mass protests are planned until Feb 11th, the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution. However, yesterday there were some reports that protests will take place on Feb 7th, the 40th day anniversary of bloody Ashura.

2. For the third day in a row students at Tehran Polytechnique did not attend their final exams. Reports indicate that more than 40 exams have been cancelled at the school. Authorities have made every effort to force the students to attend their exams; however students have stated that they will not attend their exams in protest against the continued imprisonment of their classmates.

3. Eighty-eight professors of the engineering faculty of Tehran University, by issuing an open letter to Ayatollah Khamenei, objected to the attacks of the government’s forces at various universities. According to the report by Amir Kabir University’s Newsletter, in their open letter, these professors discussed the attack of the forces supporting Ayatollah Khamenei at Tehran University on December 7th and 8th. Referring to the fact that these attackers were armed with, pepper spray and tear gas, the professors wrote: “It is still very difficult for us to accept that a group with several tools and weapons and with previous coordination can attack the university and for two subsequent days beat and hit students – the pure sons and daughters of this land – destroy public properties, insult the university professors and disrespect the center of country’s engineering.”

4. Ahmadinejad’s site has been hacked, yesterday it was defaced, and today the site is down. Here is Austin Heap’s report on it: Ahmadinejad’s Site Gets Hacked

Arrests and Sentences

1. Journalist Bahman Ahmadi Amoui, arrested in June, has been sentenced to 7 years and 4 months in prison and 34 lashes.
    International

1. Iran’s Consul General to Norway resigned today and is seeking political asylum there.

2. Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence has made a list of 60 media outlets and organizations outside of Iran that are unacceptable for contact by Iranians.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests CNN.com

Please view @Lissnup’s new “Iran in the World Press” round-up for 06 Jan 2010 here: Iran in the World Press 06 Jan 2010 #Iranelection - Liss's posterous

Miscellaneous

1. If you use twitter do not believe anything @iran115 says. He is an IR agent working to discredit honest twitterers like Niteowl and Austin Heap. He made a blacklist that includes many honest people - do not believe anything he says. Here is my report on @iran115 special report about iran115 - Why We Protest - IRAN

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com

Thanks to @Shhh527 for editing tonight’s Green Brief