Customize

Green Brief #81 jan 3rd

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jan 3, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #81

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on WWP can once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gathered all my information from reliable tweets and haven’t included any information that could not be confirmed.

January 3rd 2010

Protests/unrest

1. Protests continued today at Tehran Polytechnique, with students refusing to sit in for their examinations. Students have negotiated with their professors to have exams cancelled for the rest of the week, to protest the arrests of their fellow students.

2. Today the Minister of Interior Mustafa Mohammad-Najjar, in a daily attempt to blame someone for the protests, said “The rioters are encouraged and supported by Britain, the US and the Zionist regime.”

3. It was announced today that the first trials for those that were arrested on Ashura, have begun.

4. Today the streets were relatively quiet, with few protests or demonstrations taking place. However several key reformists were arrested.

5. Three of the members of CHRR (Committee of Human Rights Reporters) were forced to call other members and tell them to take the website down.

6. The Islamic Iran Participation Front announced today its firm support of Mir Hossein Mousavi’s five step solution that was laid out in his statement #17: "The Islamic Iran Participation Front with full confidence in the path that Mir Hossein Mousavi has opened for the Iranian nation, announce its firm support for his solutions and reiterates its alliance with him.”

7. The pro-regime website gerdab.ir has added an IP tracer so if you are in Iran do not visit this website as they will log your IP address and trace it to your house.

Arrests

1. The following people were arrested today; Journalist Rouzbeh Karimi and his wife, lawyer Forough Mirzaee, Amir Khorram, Mohsen Mohagheghi, Sara Tavassoli, Mohammad Rafati and Mohammad Keighobadi.

2. There are reports of arrests taking place at Tehran Polytechnique, where students are protesting by not attending their final exams. I could not confirm numbers.

International

1. Today the Obama administration switched it stance on Iran, which for weeks has been a rights-first vision of Iran to an “all about nukes, all about sanctions” stance.

2. Candlelight vigils were held in several cities today in remembrance of those who have died since the protests began.

3. Recently twitterers in China and Venezuela have come to support the Green movement. Here is Niteowl’s report on it, And Now, Chinese and Venezuelans Join the Twitter Revolution � The Daily NiteOwl

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests CNN.com

Miscellaneous

1. If you use twitter do not believe anything @iran115 says. He is an IR agent working to discredit honest twitterers like Niteowl and Austen Heap. He made a blacklist that includes many honest people - do not believe anything he says. Here is my report on @iran115 special report about iran115 - Why We Protest - IRAN

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com
  2. Thank you my friend! Your efforts are much appreciated.