Customize

Green brief #80 Jan 2nd

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jan 2, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #80

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on WWP can once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gathered all my information from reliable tweets and haven’t included any information that could not be confirmed.

January 2nd 2010

Protests/unrest

1. Protests once again took place at Mashhad University, with several injuries reported. Several of those who were injured at the university on Thursday have gone missing.

2. In protest to the arrest of their fellow classmates, Students at Tehran Polytechnique did not attend any of their final exams. The students are negotiating with their professors, requesting that all of this week’s exams be cancelled in an act of protest.

3. Police have been conducting home raids and confiscating satellite dishes and receivers as well as recording information on the account holders.

4. The members of the CHRR (Committee of Human Rights Reporters) have not been released yet. Their website is still up and no other members have been arrested.

5. The pro-regime website gerdab.ir has added an IP tracer so if you are in Iran do not visit this website as they will log your IP address and trace it to your house.

Arrests

1. There were several reports of protesters being arrested and being taken to Evin Prison. I could not confirm exact numbers but it appears to be about twenty to thirty people.

International

1. Candlelight vigils took place all around the world today in remembrance of all those who died during Ashura last week.

2. Protests are planned in Washington D.C. tomorrow, demanding an end to violence against protesters in Iran.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests CNN.com

Miscellaneous

1. If you use twitter do not believe anything @iran115 says. He is an IR agent working to discredit honest twitterers like Niteowl and Austen Heap. He made a blacklist that includes many honest people - do not believe anything he says.

Special thanks to Maziar for editing today’s green brief.

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com