Customize

Green Brief #77 Dec 30th

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Dec 30, 2009.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #77

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl started helping Enduring America and focusing on other issues and Events, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I like Niteowl have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and no information I could not confirm has been included in this brief. This one is rather short because it is my first one the rest will be longer.

December 30th 2009

Protests/unrest

1. Pro-government rallies took place in cities across Iran in protest of the recent reformist protests.

2. Greens are planning protests to counter the pro-government rallies that took place today.

3. The body of Seyyed Ali Mousavi, the nephew of Mir Hossein Mousavi was returned to the family for burial today. He was laid to rest in a closed funeral with no demonstrators or security forces present.

4. Allahu Akbar continues to be chanted at night in Tehran.

5. Gunshots were heard in the early morning in and around Evin Prison. Freedom Messenger: Gunshots Heard at Evin Prison

6. Following a memorial service by students of the Mashhad Azad University some 500 armed basij were brought campus and began attacking students. At least 8 were injured and taken to the hospital and some 80 were arrested.

7. Following the crackdown at Mashhad Azad University students held a silent sit in to protest the attack of the memorial service.

8. Last night the Office of Nasrollah Torabi, a reformist politician, was set on fire by plain clothes militia.

9. Police today stated that they believe the death of Seyyed Ali Mousavi to be caused by a “terror group” that has been operating in Tehran.

Arrests

1. Iran’s parliament has asked authorities to arrest the instigators of Sunday’s violent anti-government protests. This includes the fallowing people, Mehdi Karoubi, Mir Hossein Mousavi and Fa'ezeh Hashemi.

International

1. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has had a jet put on standby to fly him and his family to Russia in the event the situation in Iran worsens. Shahrzad News: "A jet put on standby to flly Iranian officials"

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests CNN.com

If anyone would be interested in proofreading or translating the Green Brief send me and email at c_weible@hotmail.com.
  2. Paleene Member

welcome

Welcome codeman, and thank you for your efforts!

It is a big deal you are up to, aren't you?
    NiteOwl's sources mostly turned out to be highly reliable and his work on the Green Brief additionally was based on his knowledge of the region and the Persian language. And I understood he changed the focus of his work because it really exhausted him to do the GB day by day.

That said, you have to be prepared to discuss the contents of your GB (as might occur for the news of the jet said to be ready to take off, which was discussed on other online places and in the end was regarded as being rumor, not fact).

I guess you considered all this yourself and choose to start your contribution anyhow. This has my deepest respect!
  3. مایکی Member

Thanks for taking the helm. It's very important to keep the Iranians in focus. The more that we average citizens support them with the internet the more the world will learn the true face of this brutal regime and thus pressure world leaders to act accordingly.
  4. Moctemoc Member

RE: 3. The body of Seyyed Ali Mousavi, the nephew of Mir Hossein Mousavi was returned to the family for burial today. He was laid to rest in a closed funeral with no demonstrators or security forces present.

RE: 9. Police today stated that they believe the death of Seyyed Ali Mousavi to be caused by a “terror group” that has been operating in Tehran.
    ---------

Sorry guys and gals, can't help commenting on these.

Of course this was the perfect time for the government to release the body. First of all, pro government demos had been arranged, and the green movement had specific instructions to stay off the streets. A perfect oportunity for a quiet burial. - But the burial is only one of a series of mourning ceremonies.

The pro government demos where organized by the government, and the participants where basically forced to join. "you get the day off, but if you don't attend the rally, then you're against the government". - A quite normal procedure that has been used since the days of Khomenei.

Oh, so the police know it's a terrorist group ... using an unmarked car, with two occupants. The passenger taking ONE aimed shot and then speeding away.

I'm honestly not sure who is to blame, the government or a "terror group" or who knows. But there is plenty of evidence and it's being investigated by people outside of the police and government.

-----------

In other news, not all that is officially annunced is true, even if it gets accepted by the general population and the international community. But it's not for me to divulge such information yet. When the time is right, or it's all over (The government is going down, you know.), then it will be easier to see the big picture for everyone.
  5. حمید Member

People have spoken

I do not think that there are any doubts about the failure in any scenario designed by The REGIM of Terror, thanks to the brave people documenting the inhuman actions of the illegimate government who has proven by its action that they are ready shed blood to satisfy their thirst for power which enriches them by the cost of the blood to continue their short miserable life, forcefully gathering public convincing themselves to be llegimate celebrating it juicy fooling themselves being blind of the fact people do not want them just because they do not want and it is their vote to be fully respected no matter how justified. The people have spoken and the limit of acting or not acting towards improvisation by Regime of terror lays on the will of the people. The Regime of terror should consider the facts once they break this limit.
  6. مایکی Member

Well said Hamid, organized regime spectacles have laways been a joke, they are only fooling themselves.
    For every one who is injured or killed there are thousands behind them. I hear that more are joining by the day. If the presure stays high the basij and police will lose heart at bringing this violence to their own people. They will have to turn and defend Persians from the imported killers of the hezbollah.