Customize

Green Brief #116 (Feb 28)

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Feb 28, 2011.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #116

February 28th 2011

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

The information in the Brief comes from tweets from people on the ground in Libya and Iran.
    I've tried to include only information that I could confirm. News agencies are credited where appropriate. All Green Briefs are released under Creative Commons.

Protest/ General news

1. It was confirmed yesterday that Mir Hossein Mousavi, Zahra Rahnavard, and Mehdi and Fatemeh Karroubi were moved from their homes to an unknown house of detention. Mousavi's Kalemeh news claimed that Mousavi, Zahra Rahnavard, Mehdi and Fatemeh Karroubi have been moved to Heshmatiyeh Prison in Tehran. Fars News has claimed that Mousavi and Karroubi have not been detained and that they are still under house arrest. They claimed that BBC Persian and Voice of America were spreading the rumor to cause unrest.

2. Protesters are planned through out Iran tomorrow. The Green Movement of Mashhad and the Democratic Movement of Iranian Azerbaijan have both declared their support for the marches.

3. Hossein Karroubi, Mehdi Karroubi's son, is being looked for by security forces following his leak of details pertaining to the arrests of Mousavi and Karroubi.

4. Mehdi Karroubi's Saham News has accused the Supreme Leader's office of ordering the seizure of Karroubi and his wife Fatemeh, Mir Hossein Mousavi, and Zahra Rahnavard.

5. The Association of Combatant Clerics called for the release of Mousavi and Karroubi at the earliest possible time.

6. The Children of Mir Hossein Mousavi and Zahra Rahnavard and of Mehdi and Fatemeh Karroubi have written an open-letter to the Regime challenging the detention of their parents stating: : "We believe that our parents did not commit a crime but only applied the divine language in their statement. Are you are so afraid of the facts stated in public view that you must imprison them?"

Misc
    1. For anyone that wants to post the Green Brief anywhere else all I ask is that you keep the line that contains my username and link to my twitter account. And a link back to the original article here.

2. Also can I ask a favor of those of you who read this. I would like to get the Green Brief popular again, so if you're reading this and you have a twitter account. Could you all tweet a link back here, or if you follow me on twitter retweet the link I post.
  2. Stickman Member

Do you know of any support efforts or protests here in the US (especially around L.A.)? If there are no hard targets, where are people sending letters/emails/tweets to on behalf of Mousavi and Karroubi?
  3. lulzgasm Member

Tweeted.

As someone with military family members, I salute your dedication to freedom.