Customize

Green Brief #115 (Feb 26)

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Feb 26, 2011.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #115

February 26th 2011

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

The information in the Brief comes from tweets from people on the ground in Libya and Iran.
    I've tried to include only information that I could confirm. News agencies are credited where appropriate. All Green Briefs are released under Creative Commons. Tonight's brief is short due to internet issues at the national guard armory. Will be back at full strength tomorrow.

Iran

Protest/ General news

1. Rumors circulated today that Mousavi and Karroubi have been moved out of house arrest and into a safe house administrated by the Revolution Guard. The rumors came from a credible source, however; I'm still treating this as a rumor until I get more information.

2. The opposition still plans to hold rallies Tuesday, even without government approval.

Libya

Protests/ General

1. Fighting continues in the Libyan capital city of Misurata. Regime planes fired on opposition forces in the city. Regime forces have largely lost control of Misurata except for the airport.

2. The former Libyan Minister of Justice in leading the formation of an interim government in Benghazi. The interim government claims control of most of the areas in the east of the country. The opposition stated that Benghazi is only a temporary capital and that once Tripoli is taken it will be the capital of the country. Libya top diplomat to the United States, Ali Suleiman Aujali, has declared his support fo the interim government.

Politics

1. Brigadier General Abdul Salem Mahmoud Al Hasi, the head of Libya's Private Forces Operations has joined the opposition.

2. Brigadier General Adam Saqer Al Qabayil, Chief of the Gamal Nasser Military Airbase in Tabruk has joined the opposition.

Misc
    1. For anyone that wants to post the Green Brief anywhere else all I ask is that you keep the line that contains my username and link to my twitter account. And a link back to the original article here.

2. Also can I ask a favor of those of you who read this. I would like to get the Green Brief popular again, so if you're reading this and you have a twitter account. Could you all tweet a link back here, or if you follow me on twitter retweet the link I post.