Customize

Green Brief #109 (Feb 14)

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Feb 14, 2011.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #109

February 14th 2011

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

The information in the Brief comes from tweets from people on the ground in Iran. I've tried to include only information that I could confirm.

Protest/ General news

1. Today started with conflicting reports coming from the Revolutionary Guard. A report from Iran's supreme national security council stated that guard would not confront any rally but rather “control it.” However Commander Hossein Hamadani warned that “the conspirators are nothing but corpses, any incitement will be dealt with severely.” However even with this warning the Revolutionary Guard was no where to be found today. All security was left to the police forces.

2. Plainclothes police forces cut off all access to the homes of Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi in an attempt to stop the opposition leader from joining protests. Zahra Rahnavard, the wife of Mousavi, attempted to leave her home only to be attacked by police forces. Most reports indicate that Mousavi and Karroubi were unable to attend the protests.

3. At 10:30 GMT the official time for protests to start, protesters began gathering in Sadegniyeh square. Protesters began marching along Enghelab avenue towards Enghelab square. Police forces set up road blocks along Enghelab avenue to deter protesters from gathering Azadi square. Police used tear gas, rubber bullets, and pepper spray to break up groups of protesters. The Basiji and Revolutionary Guard were absent in Tehran today. The security forces were made up of police only.

4. Plainclothes police forces attacked Tehran University today. They clashed with protesters, leaving several injured and at least 3 were arrested.

5. I was unable to confirm whether or not protesters managed to enter Azadi square. Due to the high security presence it seems that protesters were stopped from actually entering the square. However some reports from people on the ground seem to contradict this. Their were also reports of protesters carrying heavy clothing and sleeping bags with them in and attempt to sleep in the streets tonight.

6. Like many nights during the protests in 2009, chanting of Allah Akbar was heard tonight.

7. At least one person was killed in Tehran today. Report indicate any several hundred were injured today.

8. Protests took place in 40 other cities across Iran, I was unable to get information regarding protests in these cities.

Arrests

1. The following people were arrested today:

1. Susan MohamadKhani, civil rights activist
    2. Mohsen Barzegar, member of the Islamic Association of Nooshiravani University
    3. Hossein Zamen Zarrabi, member of the Islamic Association of Nooshiravani University

2. Reports indicate any were from 250 to several thousand people were arrested today. I was unable to confirm numbers.

Misc

1. I hope to continue doing a daily green brief, but it depends on whether the protest continue.
  2. bullying,greedy,viscious,parasitic..the list goes on.

and the ideology doesn't matter.
    capitalist,theocrat,communist etc,they all use the same methods.

they all have the same contempt for the ones who do not have their leech appetites to control and feed off the lives and energy of others.

regardless of culture.
    regardless of creed.
    we all need to have clean air,clean water,clean food,honourable livlihood, health services,educational opportunities,honest administration of social infrastructure,safety in our everyday lives and an accurate and verifiable news industry.
  3. every vote counted

every vote counts
  4. Thanx Codeman177, 4 your Brief. Haven't been visiting here 4 a while, but with the news of the protests in Iran my heart made a little jump. I am soooo impressed by the braveness of these people, that dare to take to the streets again!! Their day of freedom can not arrive fast enough!