Customize

Graham Berry Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by eddieVroom, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Graham Berry Fundraiser

What you talkin' 'bout Nigga?
  2. Anonymous Member

nb4fishnetstockingacct
  3. TinyDancer Member

[STRIKE]Just remember that OSA are taught to steal mail and if anyone's mail is going to be stolen... it's GB's.[/STRIKE] Apparently, GB's mail is secure. :)
  4. Forseti Member

Thanks you naggy bastard :-P
  5. 33755 Member

Graham said he goes shopping at these stores: COSTCO, Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons, Staples and Office Depot

Albertsons is a grocery store which sells gift cards online.
    www.albertsons.com
    Store locator for GB's zip code 90066
    Gift card link at the bottom right of page
    Order online in amounts $10, $25, $50 or $100
    Shipping is free
    delivery date unknown. Expedited delivery is available for a fee.

Office Depot, office supplies, sells gift cards online
    www.officedepot.com
    then "Purchase a Gift Card" (right column)
    $10| $15| $20| $25| $30| $40| $50| $75| $100| $200
    Shipping is free
    takes about 10 days

GB's shipping address is: Graham Berry, 3384 McLauglin Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066

Both of the above companies charge NO shipping and NO fees to purchase or redeem their cards.

If you want to do the grocery/food thing, then consider a card at Albertson's.
  6. Anonymous Member

Just clarifying here

$$ cannot be sent directly to Graham via Paypal because the litigious cult has interfered with that option.

If Paypal is your preferred source to help cover his legal expenses, you can do it via the donations link on WWP and it will be forwarded directly to him in increments of $200 or more.

We R smarter and better than the cult of $cientology.

We run this.
  7. whoever Member

Thanks for the info. Bumping so more will see.
  8. rummychick99 Member

No fee to cash a postal money order at the post office. I believe they will also cash international POSTAL money orders..but check to see if that is still the case.

No delivery confirmation on a first class letter unless you make it a certain width. DC isn't really necessary. Graham can tell you whether he got it or not.

Be aware that there are fees associated with a lost money order. Not sure if this is true with postal money orders.

Lost gift cards..I think you may be SOL even if insured at the post office.

Safer to have the vendor ship it.
  9. basil Member

I wasn't sure whether it was the 'office supplies' or 'legal defense' fund, so I sent half of my donation to each. Which one is the most useful to use at present?

Oh, I chucked something in the server fund too whilst I was there.
  10. Anonymous Member

If he's not our most important dog in this fight, he's damned close. Dude's a fucking pit bull. We all must give as much as we can, FTW. [STRIKE]Chef[/STRIKE] Graham Aid!!!
  11. TinyDancer Member

Office supplies is just for Graham.
  12. eddieVroom Member

OK -- the text on that page says he will be sent gift cards for office supplies, not a money order for general expenses.

OK, kewl -- statement of intent coupled with a gentleman's agreement. All we could reasonably ask for IMO. :)
  13. TinyDancer Member

No. It doesn't say what he will be sent, just that the purpose of it is office supplies. Anon752 says he'll be sent postal money orders.
  14. eddieVroom Member

Copypasta from the Donations page, dude:

I wonder if I'm hallucinating often enough without your help lol...
  15. basil Member

Personally if it helps GB continue the fight, I don't care what he uses it on ... however it'd be handy to make sure I definitely sent it to the right fund.

What happens to the "other legal" fund money?
  16. Re: Graham Berry Fundraiser

but actually it does:

which may or may not matter in this case...just quoting for clarity :)

(and Eddie was quicker, lol)
  17. TinyDancer Member

So, my eeville plan is working?

Of course, you're right. I take heart from Anon752's statement (which you quoted above) that postal money orders would be sent. After all, GB's expenses cover a range of things and flexibility is important.
  18. rummychick99 Member

I don't know anything about the Moxon deal. However, does he have a right to GB's earnings? If so, is it Gross earnings or net earnings?

If gross earnings,GB can't take any money from the Legal Defense fund for fees to him for services rendered.
  19. basil Member

I'd tell Moxon to fuck off personally, but I'd do that for any issue.
  20. pwnon Member

Just for those of us who aren't 100% up to speed on this, anyone have a direct link to the Moxon/GB lawsuit that is the reason Moxon has claims to money earned by GB?
  21. TinyDancer Member

That's why payments to GB must be for expenses only. Hence the office supplies fund.

Take a read of this: Graham E. Berry Blog Archive GRAHAM BERRY?S LOS ANGELES ?FLASH RAID? PICKET AND ?FAIR GAME? REPORT
  22. rummychick99 Member

You are starting to tread on IRS issues but an accountant would have to address that part of it.

There is a difference between a gift and something of value given to pay for expenses as it relates to their profession.
    Finer points of the IRS code is not something I am familiar with nor wish to be familiar with..even Congress can't seem to pay their own taxes..Rangel, Daschel, Geitner, etc.

Just be careful..Scientology is watching and will look for anything they can exploit.
  23. pwnon Member

24. basil Member

Moxon is just one man. A pathetic excuse for one, true, but just one man.

A concentrated effort by sufficient anons could utterly destroy that slimeball, and with him out of the way life would become much easier for everyone.
  25. TinyDancer Member

Why do you think we are going to such lengths to clarify this?
  26. rummychick99 Member

It's not only what Moxon can attach..but it is also failure to follow some obscure IRS rule.

You aren't just giving him a gift..you are sending him money for expenses with a condition of office supplies to be used in his profession.

By the way, isn't this debt a dischargeable debt under Bankruptcy?
  27. Anon752 Member

It was worded that way on purpose, as it was what we believed to be the only possibility. Now that we have been told postal money orders will work, I have reworded it (just now that is.)
  28. TinyDancer Member

Truly, you are the Messiah.
  29. mnql1 Member

Can the cult force WWP to name people who fund this expense account?
  30. Anonymous Member

Some of Graham's efforts on HolySmoke search
    berry - Google Search
  31. pwnon Member

They could try to, I'd imagine, but due to third party privacy, they'd get no where.
  32. RavenEyes Member

Sent $ today, along with some Cheez-Whiz and Saltines. :)
  33. Anon752 Member

No.
  34. rummychick99 Member

The best way to insure that no one will ever be able to track you or have your name end up in some legal proceeding...is to go into the store and buy a gift card (or money order) with cash and send it through the mail with no name attached.
  35. Oswald2001 Member

Also, I have a US PayPal account and have received some funds internationally with no problems.

Only 2 so far. From Canada (America North) and Belgium.
  36. Re: Graham Berry Fundraiser

Why I object to this:

Graham is great - undoubtedly - however, he spends most of his time looking after that bag of douche, AO. I essentially dont want to fund AO in any way (unless its funding related to [strike]bombs to be used against him[/strike] getting rid of him legally.
  37. basil Member

An alternative way to look at it is that everything Graham does ties up cult time, money and manpower. That, directly, raises Miscavige's blood pressure slightly and causes him to rage, which may ultimately cause him to do something stupid, and then either we can do something that will get him on trial, or stir some high ranking members to finally snap and revolt to remove him "quitely without sorrow".

Your objection is noted. I simply choose to ignore it.
  38. Re: Graham Berry Fundraiser

fair enough

i merely posit that every step forward by graham is a step back by AO
  39. 33755 Member

From a professional (not a lawyer, but a professional all the same)-----

Though clients pay fees they are charged for services rendered on their behalf, there are other expenses that are required to keep a professional's business going. License fees, office rent and utilities, telephone & long distance charges, computers and repairs, paper and print toner, are some of the many expenses that a professional must pay to remain in business. He or she must have sufficient clients, and charge them a sufficient amount, to cover all the overhead expenses of being in business.

That said in a general sense, GB has provided support and legal advice to many Anons and critics pro bono (without charge and without asking for money). It would probably be a pain in the ass to require each person who phones him to send him money before answering their question.

I assure you that GB's intentions towards COS are similar to most Anons/critics - he wants them gone - and he will continue to support the Anons/critics as much as he can. Note the word "can". So if you want GB to continue providing pro bono bit and piece work to "the cause", then you shouldn't put him down for taking on a client you personally dislike, and should support him for the good works he is doing, has already done, and will do in the future.
  40. Anon752 Member

$485 Has been donated so far via the link on the front page of WWP. The person in control of that account just western unioned $500 over to Graham. That is a good start for a day and a half. That should help cover a few expenses.