Customize

Goodnight Sweet Prince: Bob Minton

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Anonkey Member

Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince: Bob Minton

Much respect to Bob, one of the best 'enturbulators'. RIP.
  2. Anonymous Member

Not to take away from Bobs colossal balls, but the same things that they attacked made him very capable of fighting back. For example if I had 100 million dollars I wouldn't fear loosing my ability to earn a living.

His money allowed him to stay in the fight and that was a good thing, I am glad he had it, and I don't mean to imply that his money defined him or made him any more or less of a good person. But he had enough to call the shots, and get himself in and out of trouble when he needed to.
  3. XENU TV Member

Bob was my good friend. We tried to keep news of Bob's death off the net till after the funeral because of heartless comments such as that made by Deana Holmes (mierle). Ironically, on a.r.s., her partner in crime (Henri) was chiding someone for using Bob's death as an inspiration for venom.

Bob fought long and hard and was faced with a global assault from Scientology the likes of which Holmes or Henri could scarcely withstand. Making Bob's battle worse were the nasty attacks from "friends" and from people who accepted large sums of money from him, like the producer of The Profit. You want to sap someone's will? Take away the support system needed to fight the devil.

Bob was human. He made mistakes. We all do. I often fail to see the humanity in people like Holmes or Patricia Greenway.

For those who are blaming Rathbun and Rinder for taking years off of Bob's life, let me just say that they were at peace with one another when Bob died and considered themselves friends because they too had faced the beast that was corporate Scientology. They saw why Bob was speaking out against Scientology and they had helped as best they could take some of the intense pressure off of Bob.

I think it says a lot that when Bob died ten days ago, I wasn't worried how Rathbun and Rinder would react. They would mourn a good man who tried to make the world a better place. They would miss a man whose message "It's Safe to Look" and "It's Safe to Talk" actually struck a nerve when they were on opposite sides.

No, I worried about the the reaction of bitches like Deana Holmes, stirring up shit from their pious perches near hell.

I'll have little more more to say about their venom, but I'm sure I'll have much more to say about my dear friend Bob as the years go by.

I miss you, Bob, more than you could possibly imagine, and I'm glad I had the the chance to tell you how much I love you and Stacy and how proud I am to have stood by your side.

Bob watched the rise of Anonymous with amazement and I told him often how much the work he did continued to live on in the videos he made possible and in the inspiration he gave to those who speak up now. There are those who may not have even heard of Scientology yet but will find us all on YouTube and his message will continue to resonate.

Thank you to everyone who has taken a moment to say something kind about Bob. He loved Stacy Brooks deeply, as she loved him. I'm glad she was with him at the end and through the years they had together. He was a lucky man for that.
  4. parvent Member

^^this. Well said Chris.
  5. greebly Member

Bob's only weakness was a slave to money.
    That is how they pressured him imho.
    Many have got away with fines and slaps on the wrist over bigger amounts of $$$$.

He could handle Co$ normally read the old ARS posts and you will see dealing with Co$ was nothing compared to the Nigerian Regimes.

And in respect to
    Look at IBB the then president and his son, oh plus those wonderful "oil" companies.

Even John Fashanu eventually/sort of apologised (erh yeah it was the media that made me do it)--Cough gimme a political role in the Nigerian gov thx--Cough.

Maybe it was alot of things that caused his turncoat moment at the exact wrong time.

We will never know as people still are silent and no true transparency exists.

Maybe one day another guy with an ego and heart will come along, including a BIG wallet but the environment needs to change aslong as people keep hiding the truth.
  6. Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince: Bob Minton

It sort of saddens me to think that Bob won't be able to see the finish, if it's ever reached.

I just poured out a 40 of Sunny Delight that my mom bought for me. Peace.
  7. amaX Member

Someone on their deathbed will make peace with the people who wronged them.

I find it very distasteful that you've come here to post about this deathbed peace between Minton and the Two R's in a thread where Anons for the most part have written polite condolences about his death.

We're not idiots here. We all realize what Rathbun and Rinder are doing and now we know that you and Stacy are siding with these two.

That's very disheartening, but we'll deal with that, too.

Rest in peace, Bob Minton.

8. the anti Member

I would have liked that to, now I will raid extra hard in his honor
  9. Anonymous Member

I believe he was sincere.

Did it look like she succeeded in stirring up shit in this thread? Don't worry, people can recognize spite when they see it, no need to have been involved. Her comment was definitely spiteful.

I can't tell about Rinder, but sorry, that Rathbun doesn't see that Hubbard's "Fair Game" is at the root of what happened to Bob Minton and so many others just make him still an accomplice of Scientology policy-driven abuses/crimes/wrongdoings.

Sorry for the lost of your friend. I don't know if I will ever understand fully why he did what he did at the end re. Jesse Prince, but for sure he put up one hell of an epic fight against Scientology, Inc. And so did many others in the past, which I wished they also would be around to see how things are now.
  10. i'mglib Member

Thanks, WBM.

I wasn't around back then, but I have watched all the videos, and the shit you guys got from the Scientology handlers back them was 100x worse than it is now. I salute Bob and give my condolences to Stacy.

I am inspired by both of them, and it's nice to know that you filled Bob in about Anonymous, and what's been going on since they left the fight. I always wondered what he thought about the new life that was brought in by Anonymous. Hopefully it made him smile.

RIP Bob, and I am sorry for your loss, Stacy, and Bob's family.
  11. Anonymous Member

^ This ^

Marty Rathbun is a piece of shit and I don't care that he made peace with Bob. I'm sorry but that does not change the hell he put Bob through.

RIP Bob.
  12. Anonymous Member

You weren't always the nicest or endearing person to be around then, either.
  13. Anonymous Member

Yes, she did. She, at the request of one Mike Rinder, signed declarations trying to incriminate attorney Ken Dandar (after Bob turned against him) and sign declarations against Graham Berry claiming he induced her to sign blank declaration pages that Graham would fill in later.. that were used against Scientology.

Bob gave into Scientology's relentless attacks on him & his family and settled with them. Scientology claimed to have information regarding his financial history, i.e., alleged corporate tax evasion, Nigerian deals, they threatened to use against him.

Scientology had nothing on Stacy, but she gave in and settled with the cult due to her relationship with Bob.
  14. Anonymous Member

The same will be said of you when you die.
  15. pooks Member

Why don't you just let it go rather that start the shit up all over again.
  16. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately I agree. The post was more about age old bickering and the use of Bob's death to encourage taking sides than it was about Bob Minton. It also showed an attitude of controlling information until an "inner circle" was ready to allow the rest of us access to it. And that attitude, even if not in this case, is making chanology impotent.
  17. Anonymous Member

I beg your pardon? What exactly did they do to take some of the pressure off of Bob? NOTHING AT ALL! They put him through hell and now you're trying to re-write history?
  18. Anonymous Member

WBM, way to derail a thread about Minton and bring Rathbun and Rinder into it.

You don't think Bob's remaining days might have been more peaceful if none of this shit was in his life? If he didn't have to think about scientology anymore or have Stacy still in love with the tech and meeting with Rinder and blowing sunshine up Rathbun's butt?

Scientology haunted his ass right up until the end, and you know who was there every minute of the rest of his life fucking with Bob Minton? It was Marty Rathbun. Him and Rinder fucked hard with Minton's life and laughed heartily. Then even after they got out, Minton had to take being buddies with these two shitstains and listening to Stacy talking about more culties.

Fuck these culties, and praise to Minton for exposing the pain and suffering scientology causes. Yes, Virginia, even Marty's scientology is still a piece of crap.
  19. El Diablo Member

Oh wow. This is really sad news, but certainly sadder for those who were close to Bob Minton. My sincere condolences.
  20. mollie2810 Member

^ This. And RIP Bob Minton. He really did a lot to fight that disgusting cult. Truly great, even it didn't end too good.
  21. Anonymous Member

Mr. Milton was on the front lines enduring the abuses of scientology with very few people for support. Yes, apparently he had money but he chose to use the money to fight something he felt was wrong. Which is what we are about, I think??

R.I.P
  22. exOT8Michael Member

R.I.P Bob.
    I am glad to have known you.
    You were a real warrior.
    Respects >9000
    Michael.

lsg040redroseelegancewe.jpg
  23. Anonymous Member

And from the looks of it, mirele, you still aren't.
  24. Anonymous Member

Who?
  25. theLastAnon Member

Sounds familiar. This is one reason why so many anons have an affinity for Minton. Plus, the videos by WBM/LMT were epic and some of the only stuff to watch and learn from when this all got rolling.

Mad picket anyone?

26. Rockyj Member

27. Anonymous Member

In honor of Mr. Minton each and every anon should resolve to work harder and anonymous should protest in his honor.
  28. chrisanon Member

Before anyone goes too far with the deathbed forgiveness thing:
    From what I've read, it sounds like Minton died either at his doctor's office or the hospital. Even if that's wrong, all the obits state that his death was sudden and unexpected.

So there's no way TweedleRind and TweedleRath approached his bedside in fear and trembling to beg his forgiveness. They'd already been forgiven, as WMB's laudatory yet peculiar post indicates.
  29. GHB_sick_boy Member

gn Bob, have sweet dreams :(
  30. Anonymous Member

I did not take that as a death bed peace treaty at all.I believe he meant they became friends before Bob died.Read it again
  31. Smurf Member

I was one of those people that Bob Minton gave alot of money to. He save my life in more ways I can count. He remained a friend even after it was revealed that I was spying on him on behalf of OSA and he later helped me escape its clutches.

He also came to the aid of a dear friend whose husband had just committed suicide and helped her get back on her feet financially.

Bob was human. He had his good days and bad days like everyone else. But, he was a man with a heart of gold and that is the way I will always remember him.

R.I.P. Bob.. my heartfelt condolences to Stacy wherever she is right now.
  32. Ogsonofgroo Member

And thank you for this too.

:/

this suxz, wanna be a rock star.............
  33. Anonymous Member

+1 bob

I look forward to meeting him someday.

^
  34. Anon123456 Member

wow, very touching.

thank you wise beard man.
  35. Anonymous Member

36. rof Member

"A DISORDERLY HOUSE INJURIOUS TO THE PUBLIC WELFARE AND MORALS"

wQuzD.jpg wQuzD.jpg wQuzD.jpg wQuzD.jpg wQuzD.jpg wQuzD.jpg

EFF's 20th Birthday with Adam Savage and Friends | Electronic Frontier Foundation
  37. HouseSpiderV3 Member

see you in hell you crazy wonderful son of bitch
  38. grumpus Member

If you're serious, then you need to educate yourself on the history of the battle against Co$. To say of Bob Minton, as you did, that "nothing of current value was lost" is astoundingly ignorant and just fucking wrong.

Edit: Also, this:

39. the anti Member

fixed
  40. Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince: Bob Minton

RIP Bob.
    The videos he helped to bring about is what brought me into this fight.

My deepest condolences to Stacy Brooks and Bob Minton's family on their loss.

He did a lot of good during his short stint here on earth. He may not have been perfect, but neither are we ;)