Customize

Goldbase leeches off California State resources to train their own staff

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by sci and tell, Mar 27, 2010.

1. sci and tell Member

Goldbase leeches off California State resources to train their own staff

Scientology/Goldbase leeches off California State resources to train their own staff under guise of "volunteering"

I remember once researching DBAs for the Church of Scientology and Golden Era and seeing something about a fire department sort of name as a DBA for C of S in Hemet / Gilman Hot Springs, California.

Today I accidentally came across a comment in a disrelated article which ties it all together.

Source: From Mysterious Property Buyer to Community Presence (Los Angeles Times/December 18, 2005)

Speaker of the quote: Tim Chavez, a local fire captain with the California Department of Forestry

2. ElenaP Member

Re: Goldbase leeches off California State resources to train their own staff

Who would have thought that Scientologist would try to get something for nothing??? :rolleyes:

And Thanks to the OP for finding this.
  3. Anonymous Member

Scientologists operating under false pretenses? What were the odds?
  4. PodPeople Member

"Chavez said it finally occurred to him that the Scientologists had used the training to establish their own crew on the base when he learned they had bought a firetruck.

'I think they pimped us for training for quite a while,' he said."

got it right. send 'em a bill
  5. DeathHamster Member

Direct link:

Their VMs apparently take the free Red Cross first-aid courses and claim that qualifies them. Meh, it's okay if you're in a disaster, but doesn't qualify anyone to go into a disaster area and start pretending to be an EMT.
  6. Triumph Member

to be fair the article should also read:
  7. AnonyVix Member

Scientology doesn't do charity as that would be out exchange. It would seem they did indeed pimp them for services and then sent them an Xmas hamper as compensation as they wouldn't want to be out exchange. Way cheaper training people this way.
  8. PodPeople Member

First Aid course doesn't qualify for disasters. There's a comprehensive "Master Disaster" kit for disaster certification. But it costs, so sci probably too cheap.
    It's only about $30. There are many different courses and programs. Would love to see exactly what their red cross "certs" are for.

Oh, and here's one program I'll bet sci's don't do: "Workplace Violence Awareness" lol
  9. PodPeople Member

"Meanwhile Scientologists at Goldbase were forced to work 100 hours a week,subside on a diet of beans and rice,..Miss out entirely on the the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays with their own Family and Children while they were locked away in their prison compound"

If the firestation knew this, maybe they could start a "Safe Place for SO" like they have Safe Place of baby dropoffs, and with a big sign out front like they do for safe place. srsly
  10. Belladonna Member

OMG I like how you think.
  11. DeathHamster Member

I have Red Cross bronze and silver certs .. for swimming. :p
  12. subgenius Member

Part of a larger pattern of governmental agencies not bothering to research who or what they're dealing with.
  13. exOT8Michael Member

That is a seriously great suggestion.
    Win.