Customize

Gold Base jury duty exemption voided

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Anonymous, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Gold Base jury duty exemption voided

That is some serious win right there.
  2. Smurf Member

Not so fast. We're jumping the gun here. If what AO reported is correct, the decision to exclude Gold Base staff was a judicial one implemented by a standing judge.

If the Riverside County Superior Court's Director of Jury Services is determined to change that, they're going to have to file motions & get a ruling from the Court.

"About five years ago a prominent Riverside county judge named John Boyd, Sr. worked on a case for Gold Base getting the residents excused from jury duty."

Expect the cult to fight this in court before any resolution takes place.
  3. BLiP Member

Extra hassle for the cult = WIN.
  4. bAnon Member

"nobody at Gold Base has been on jury duty. AnonOrange compared voting records with lists of people known to be at Gold and there are 305 registered voters there who should be serving on jury duty but can't."

As crazazy as he may be, Francois seems to be stirring up the pot.
  5. AnonyMary Member

What does the Elections Divsion have to do with Jury Duty?
  6. Skeptic1337 Member

Pretty sure a judge can't exempt an entire location from jury duty specially if it's not even his jurisdiction that they are summoned to.

No idea how gold base was exempted but if AO managed to revoke what ever backroom deal they had then wow.

Or you could be right or AO did nothing and this is a well played troll.

In any case I look forward to more trolling.
  7. Anonymous Member

WIN! EXCELLENT WORK!!!
  8. Lorelei Member

If true, this is hilarious. :D
  9. Anonymous Member

When I think of Lorelei, my head turns all around
    As gentle as a butterfly, she moves without a sound...
  10. Re: Gold Base jury duty exemption voided

I'm new to the Anonymous movement, but this is awesome! YES! Free those poor people!

Honestly, I sometimes stand outside of the Scientology place in my city and attempt to talk sense into some of the poor brainwashed people. I've managed to convert one girl and helped her escape. She's out $20,000 and she's been emotionally drained, but at least she's alive and free now!

Let's keep it coming! Scientology WILL fall!!
  11. Smurf Member

Oops... meant to say Riverside County Superior Court's Director of Jury Services.
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Smurf Member

I expect a different standard to be applied at Gold Base if staff there are called to jury duty.

If the Scilons can't find a way to be excused from duty, you can expect OSA to jump into high gear and intimidate the Scilon with some threat to insure that he/she returns to the Base or else face serious consequences (most likely, family disconnection).
  14. Anonymous Member

Flashback to AO post on ESMB in April 2009

Ex Scientologist Message Board - View Single Post - Gold base staff in the SP hall are NOT PERMITTED TO VOTE !

15. thefatman Member

Wouldn't the cult just argue that they are unable to fulfill jury duty because of religious reasons? That is, they are unable to take that amount of time of due to their position within the religion.
  16. Re: Gold Base jury duty exemption voided

To my knowledge, it is very hard to get out of jury duty.

A person can't get out of jury duty by saying, "oh, I'm Christian/ Muslim/ Jewish/ whatever so I can't". Therefore, I don't think the religion card would work for Scientology either.

If they're called upon for jury duty, I don't think it matters what their position in the religion is, they have to show up. A jury isn't about the opinion of one juror (regardless of position)...its about the collective decision of the jury, so I don't think that would count.

Of course, I could be completely wrong!
  17. Anonymous Member

Sea Org slaves at Gold Base are NOT ministers, but they will undoubtedly try to claim ministerial exemption from jury duty.

Exemption From Jury Duty

Compare this bishop to scilon attitude

Clerical Whispers: Pittsburgh Catholic bishop to serve jury duty

18. Re: Gold Base jury duty exemption voided

Either way, --IF-- this is true it costs the cult time and money. Every dollar the cult has to spend to keep their prisoners locked down is a dollar they can't spend elsewhere. Every minute a scilon lawyer has to take to work on this is a minute he or she can't spend working on some other, perhaps more important to the cult, legal matter. Every minute a scilon handler has to spend to coach a RPF prisoner on how to get out of jury duty is a minute they can't spend degrading the other RPF prisoners.

Every resource the cult has to use on this matter is a resource they have to divert from addressing another problem.

Think of it as another paper-cut.
    In an of itself, it is not something to be overly worried about.
    The cult, however, has been getting cut a lot in these past few years, and some of those cuts have been rather deep (*cough*Australia*cough*).
    This won't take the cult down, but it takes up cult resources that they would rather use elsewhere.

* The author of this post does not endorse physical violence against any individual, including, but not limited to, any person who identifies himself or herself as a member of the for-profit business organization that operates under the false name of "Church of Scientology" or any of its many Scientology-controlled front groups and organizations such as Narconon, Citizens Commission on Human Rights, Applied Scholastics, and the Way to Happiness Foundation.
  19. avanonymom Member

AO might want to consider adding to his wardrobe. Concealable body armor comes in many styles. Don't know if they have anything to protect him from AGP's sweaty tissues, but I'm sure he'll find something suitable.
  20. DeathHamster Member

If they do, poon the court that a "CoS minister" is a one week course. (Assuming that the people called for jury duty don't get a wave of Davie's wee magic wand making them instant ministers.)
  21. Anonymous Member

True they will probably find ways around it, but it makes them go through hoops and causes them to create paper trails of excuses they don't want to have to create.
  22. RightOn Member

this prolly was already mentioned... sorry for being lazy.
    But can't COS just say these people are no longer there?
    I mean they can ship them out to wherever. Another state or another country. They can always say they were there at one time, but have since been transferred?
  23. Anonymous Member

20100318-privateeye-p29.gif

"we consider that if he had made his involvement with [Scientology] known it is unlikely that he would have been considered suitable for appointment as a panellist ..."
  24. BigBeard Member

As much as I hope this is true, has there been any outside confirmation yet, e.g., news story, this has actually happened??

BigBeard
  25. Anonymous Member

Scientology --- The Ninth Dynamic (THE BUCK) vs the "god dynamic" <p>

Super Scio - Becoming a CofS Reverend

Operation Clambake: The Cheryl S Story

The Scientology Ministerial Course is in this leak

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/puddle-leaks-49134/14/#post979245
  26. xenubarb Member

They can, and likely will. Lying is no problem if it KSW, right? Or they'll send in *someone* with the jury duty paperwork...court doesn't check IDs. You could be anyone.

The last time I had jury duty at Superior Court, I noticed bulletin boards with useful information pinned up. Fliers telling battered women where to call to get help, that type of thing.

Seems the Riverside courthouse should have fliers up too with the ex-Sea Org toll free number on them.
  27. TinyDancer Member

I don't see how the press would be aware of it.

Kudos to AO. Creepy, he is. But this is also a creative strategy and it sounds like he thought it through. So, well done to him.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in Miscavige's tiny world when this was reported. Another crack in the foundation. It's all coming down!
  28. Anonymous Member

The courthouse should also make sure the IDs given match the databases on file so we have no fakes posing as prisoners.
  29. Don Carlo Member

Gold pretending that the person (let's call him Heber J) called for jury duty has "moved to another state" is extrememly risky. The court can easily check if Heber J has applied for a driver's license or registered to vote in another state. If there is no sign of Heber J in another state, that may lead to suspicion of hiding from jury duty that could lead to fines, suspension of driver's license, and even criminal charges against Heber J, and some embarrassment if he DIED at Gold while the court was searching for him.

If, instead, Heber J was too sick to appear, a doctor's note might be necessary, and then a real medical doctor would have to look at an appallingly sick and neglected person, sign the note and then turn around and leave him in squalid and pathetic misery. Or, do his duty and commit Heber J to medical care.

If the county stumbled on evidence that Gold Base is conspiring to keep that person out of jury duty... what a mess.

If Heber J gets a letter notifying him of jury duty and mysteriously dies the next day...the court should call the police.

Note: I am not a lawyer.
  30. Smurf Member

Actually, it's not if you have a medical doctor willing to claim you're medically unfit to sit on a jury and the doctor signs his/her name & medical license number to the excuse.

I doubt the Jury Services Division have the manpower or the resources to follow up & investigate every exemption claim.
  31. Anonymous Member

Is that guy slowly starting to win his way back into Anons good graces? The last time I remember him coming up was when he went inside the empty org with AGP, and they both managed to relatively behave themselves.
  32. Anonymous Member

One doesn't have to like or appreciate another to be effective in battle. Agree to disagree. AO has been humbled to some degree realizing when you grab an angry tiger by the tail, there's hell to pay.

Scientology PIs are in Canada doing a full scale invest on him & his family.

One has already dropped in for a surprise visit to a relative in Montreal he hasn't seen in 20 years.
  33. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Of course not, but after half the base has been exempt/excused, someone will start asking questions.
  34. Re: Gold Base jury duty exemption voided

This could be true though, given their extreme reluctance to allow anyone to partake in jury duty, I'd imagine that the court would find any further excuse suspect. It isn't so much checking EVERY exemption claim. It's checking the exemption claims of the CoS specifically.

In which case, the CoS might cry that they're being discriminated, but I feel that their past suspiciousness in jury duty would give the court warrant to check into any other claims further.
  35. Skeptic1337 Member

This is kind of twisted logic.

If the jury selection some how omitted scientologists I could see a discrimination issue.
  36. Anonymous Member

The possibilities and potentials are boundless, which is why every effort and exemption will be used to thwart. However, the inevitable, long drawn out thwarting efforts will be just another waving red flag to any and all "potential" new raw meat/cash cow to steer far away from this cult like the plague.
  37. TinyDancer Member

I don't speak for Anon.

He's not in my good graces. How about you?
  38. Re: Gold Base jury duty exemption voided

I agree. I'm not saying that it is discrimination in any way, shape, or form. I'm just saying that the CoS might try to play that card. They're slimey and have been known to try any tactic (hell, even suggest that there's no transportation) just to try to get their way.
  39. Anonymous Member

The jury selection process has somehow omitted scientologists from Gold for many years. In fact, they haven't even been called, thus peremptorally they were omitted. Do you see a discrimination issue with that?
  40. asterisk Member

This is hardly a victory yet, it still remains to be seen what the cult's jurors will actually DO.