Customize

Gold Base? Gold Base.

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Dubber, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Dubber Member

Gold Base? Gold Base.

Report from a Gold Base reconaissance trip:

For drivers heading south on Gilman Springs Rd. into San Jacinto, there are three big features visible from the road: the production facility (castle), a church with a large stained-glass Scientology "S" logo, and the Golden Era sign. The stained glass is illuminated in the evening and faces north, so it is very prominent for anyone driving south. It looks like some kind of vacation resort, and that's what it fronted as before it became Golden Era Productions.

As has been mentioned many times, there are no legal pullouts or places to picket. The pullout to the south, which is visible on satellite maps, is a public bus stop.

The south end of the base is within walking distance of San Jacinto. That doesn't mean you should walk between one and the other, I'm just saying it's not very far. Someone was telling me a while back that the Base is "rural," which is nonsense. It's in the desert, but so is the rest of SoCal. As you enter San Jacinto there's a college, and beyond that there are some stores and a traffic light. There are also public sidewalks.

The traffic light, in particular, could be a decent place for a picket to raise awareness among drivers entering town from Gilman Springs. However, I would recommend maximum caution to preserve anonymity. Driving to such a picket in your own car would be stupid; you'd want to pool a rented car or take the bus to the location). Driving past the base on the way to or from a picket would be stupid. Picketing without a full mask would be stupid (I can't find any SJ ordinance on masks). I think signs that play on the Scientology "S" logo might get people's attention.

One problem I've run into is that there doesn't seem to be a good web site specifically on Gold Base and the abuses that happen there. The information is scattered all over Clambake and Lermanet. So there's not really anything to refer people to.
  2. MongoLloyd Member

3. MollyBloom Member

4. VeniVidiVici Member

Re: Gold Base? Gold Base.

So, Ron/Dave... Gold Base... that's... that's the name you're gonna go with? You're serious? Okay... remind me again where the "church" part comes in?
  5. thehunter Member

Download google Earth. The program, not just the crappy google maps java thing on google.

you can get a lot of detail via that, just search for gold base, and it goes straight to it. You can see the entire layout of the base, its relation to the mountain behind is and the river in front of it.

If you drive there, you might want to take your vehicle to a little muddy spot. a little guck on the license plate is totally innocent, believable, and effective at staying anon.
  6. Re: Gold Base? Gold Base.

Hmm? Oh, they've got the RPF there, IIRC. Could be full of win, yes?
  7. Jeff Jacobsen Member

YouTube - Scientology's studio in Hemet, California

I took that a few years ago. Now I think a lot more vegetation has grown up so it's harder to see or be seen in the base from the road.

There are so many disadvantages to protesting right at Gold that I think they outweigh and advantage:

cops are scarce - it would be the sheriff's dept. that would cover any protest. They seem to sometimes favor the cult, but that's probably unpredictable.
    little traffic - and only cars whizzing by about 45mph
    isolation - you're out of town, out of TV news coverage range probably
    danger - a lot of strange things have happened there, including incidents that led to Keith Henson's incarceration
    no audience - The Scientologists, even if they could see you, will be herded into their offices for the duration of the protest

So I absolutely think you'd be much more successful somewhere else. In Hemet itself maybe, but I wouldn't know where would be best. I think it's Florida Ave. that's the busy street. Maybe by the Big 5 store would be a good place.

Personally, though, if I was hoping to have a successful and useful protest, I'd choose LA.
  8. Kookaburra Member

There's quite a bit on the exseaorg website.

For best effect on a picket of Gold base, use the element of surprise. They are not allowed to go outside at all if a picketer is there. Keith Henson once had the entire base stuck in the dining area for the whole afternoon. No-one could cross the road to go back to post, so they were put to work cleaning the galley for the afternoon. This was ONE picketer and several hundred Sea Org members. So we know that pickets cause a huge impact at Int base. For maximum effectiveness, arrive unannounced before lunch (when everyone is still on post) and stay for the afternoon so they don't get to eat OR arrive during lunch, say 12:15 so they will have to spend the day in the galley.

All chip in and hire a bus. Have it drop you off at the bus stop or at the gate to Gold. Stay on the edge of the road. Picket a few hours. Have the bus pick you up. Stay masked. There are camera's everywhere. Don't bring your own car.

Signs and Chants directed to Sea Org members.

END FORCED ABORTIONS IN THE SEA ORG

RECONNECT WITH YOUR FAMILY

SCIENTOLOGISTS ARE FORBIDDEN TO GOOGLE SCIENTOLOGY

SAY NO to SEA ORG ABORTIONS

DISCONNECTION DISPICABLE

NO FREE SPEECH IN SCIENTOLOGY

CREED SENIOR TO MANAGEMENT

STOP SCIENTOLOGY SLAVE LABOUR CAMPS

TREAT YOUR STAFF WITH RESPECT

TIRED OF THE ABUSE?

THE WAY OUT IS THE NEAREST DOOR

DOUBT IS NOT A CRIME

NO MORE THURSDAY 2PM

CLEAR THE PLANET AND MISCAVIGE WILL CONTROL YOUR LIFE 24/7

TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE

FREE INT EXECS IMPRISONED BY DAVID MISCAVIGE

THINK FOR YOURSELF AND YOU'RE IN TROUBLE

WHERE ARE ALL THE OLD TIMERS?

IS TODAY'S SCIENTOLOGY WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR 15 YEARS AGO?

GAT IS SQUIRREL

NO THURS AT 2 OUT HERE

NO TIME OR MONEY? THINK ABOUT IT.

not anti-TECH
    just anti-ABUSE

HAVE YOU SEEN AN OUTPOINT?
    WHY NOT PULL THE STRING.

STAFF, HOW MANY DYNAMICS DO YOU HAVE?

THERE ARE 8 DYNAMICS, NOT 1

KNOWING HOW TO KNOW IS KNOWING WHEN TO BLOW

LOOK, DON'T LISTEN exscn.net

LOOK, DONT LISTEN
    google SCIENTOLOGY

"IT'S NOT THE 'GREATEST GOOD' TO DISCONNECT FROM FAMILY THAT LOVE YOU."

"IT'S NOT 'HUMANITARIAN' TO SEPARATE LOVED ONES."

"WHERE'S MIKE RINDER? HE TOO LEFT THE CHURCH AFTER YEARS OF PHYSICAL, SPIRITUAL AND MENTAL ABUSE BY MISCAVIGE."

"EVER WONDER WHERE THE OTHER SENIOR CHURCH OFFICIALS WENT? GET THE TRUE STORY BY PEOPLE WHO RECENTLY LEFT AT XENU.NET."

"MISCAVIGE PHYSICALLY ASSAULTS HIS STAFF. DON'T JUST 'FOLLOW THE LEADER', GET INFORMED."

"DON'T TRUST YOUR RE-RE-RE-REVISED 'TECH'."

"YOU'RE BEING LIED TO ABOUT THE TRUE STATE OF THE CHURCH INTERNATIONALLY. LOOK FOR YOURSELF."

"INSOLVENT? UNDER PAID? LACK OF FAMILY TIME? MALNUTRITION? HEAVY ETHICS? INJUSTICE?"

" DISCONNECTION REJECTS LOVE"

" NO SEPARATION FROM LOVED ONES

" MIKE RINDER HELP US"

" FREE THOSE IN SP HALL"

" MISCAVIDGE PHYSICALLY ABUSES STAFF"

" STANDARD TECH, NOT GAT"

"CHURCH STATS ARE PR LIES"

"DAVID MISCAVIGE ONLY HAS ONE DYNAMIC"

"Disconnection Sucks!"

"CoS Breaks UP Friends and Families"

"$500,000 buys you enlightenment here!"

Scientologists are suffering from the mushroom effect - kept in the dark and fed sh*t.

8,000,000 people have left Scientology
    You can too!

This sign is held over the head...

On one side is an arrow pointing down to the holder and the text says
    DISAGREES
    NOT DEAD

"Scientology splits up families!"

"Who did Scientology make you disconnect from?"

I DISAGREE ---> SEC CHECK ME!

HAVE YOU SEEN SHELLY MISCAVIGE SINCE SHE CONFIDED SHE THOUGHT HER HUSBAND WAS TYPE III?

DID YOU KNOW COB PERSONALLY C/S'D LISA MCPHERSON TO ATTEST TO CLEAR?

Google Xenu

Google Operation Snow White

Google Lisa McPherson

TOP EXECS ALL IN SP HALL.

ASK DM ABOUT INT SP HALL

RAY MITHOF DECLARED BY DM etc

SHELLY M SAYS DM TYPE 3

DM C/S ed LISA Macpherson

Don't Blink! Don't Think!

"DM has withholds, "Sec Check DM!"

"Scientology breaks up families,"

'RECONNECT'

"This is YOUR church.
    It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to become informed about
    what the church is doing in your name.
    Searching the Internet is your RESPONSIBILITY."

Ever wonder why you're not allowed to use the internet?

MIKE RINDER BLEW
    YOU CAN TOO

side 2:

COB
    IS YOUR
    SP

The exseaorg website has been designed and written by ex SO members to inform those still in about what they need to know the most. Include its url on your signs and chants. Drop a few cards with the url on it where they might get picked up by a staff member.

Good luck.
  9. Apology Member

I wonder how hard it would be to get a permit for a parade through Hemet and past the Base...

ANONYMOUS ON PARADE!!!
  10. Re: Gold Base? Gold Base.

Uh you know about the camera that reads license plates right.

I can't remember where I read it but I think on Lermanet.
  11. Londonymous Member

Protest Gold Base. Do it.

No chance of getting public attention. Totally certain to erode SciFag morale. Seriously gais, this is the source of epic win. SPs on their door-step will make them question everything. From the OTs onwards.

And if they all get herded away? Fucking win. We just disrupted an entire day of work and caused havoc just by showing up!
  12. AnonEFG12365 Member

Gold base is the final boss of Scientology, So don't go rushing in just yet.

I suggest we wait for more orgs to shut down *especially in the united states* before even thinking about going there, for when we do, we need numbers like in the V for Vendetta *all of us marching to gold, wearing Guy Fawkes masks*, and finally exposing their corruption.
  13. Dubber Member

Guys, listen. I was not suggesting a picket directly at the base, which would be ill-advised due to the layout and CoS's extreme paranoia. I'm talking about a possible picket just inside San Jacinto. SJ is an incorporated city with its own police.

Yes, I know about the cameras, which is why I said don't drive past the base during a picket.

x.sea.org.googlepages.com has a lot of information in one place, although it is in scientologese and sometimes difficult to place in context. I'm not sure how meaningful it would be to the general public.

Also something seems terribly fucked up with the URL parser
  14. Dubber Member

Do you have contact with the author of x.sea.org? It would be helpful if they could add a page for the general public that summarizes DM and Gold and what goes on there.
  15. anon321321 Member

How far away is this place from a place with a decent number of anons? My ridiculous mind is coming up with elaborate plans of well timed switchovers and a 24/7 anon presence - Well, thats not likely. What are the possibilities of at least an anon presence every weekend? Only a few people would be needed if things are this bad.
  16. Re: Gold Base? Gold Base.

Take the Bus?

Just walk past the base a couple times with some signs and making noise till you get a reaction, and then bugger off. Let them know Anon knows and he doesn't afraid of anything
  17. anonymous3347 Member

If you don't want to/can't run Google Earth, the link in my sig goes to Google Maps. It's a map that shows all of Scientology's non-public real estate that anyone has been able to tell me about. Ottawafag did a big Google Earth map, but he/she seems to be gone.
    Molly Bloom's link is great, specific to Gold Base. If you want to know the names of the particular buildings at Gold, they are included in my link.
  18. Dubber Member

It's also my understanding that providing Gold Base staff with internet access is the furthest thing from DM's mind, so URLs would be kind of useless to them.
  19. Kookaburra Member

That's my site and yes I could put in a page for public.

Huh? What's a URL parser? The site works fine on my computer. Though I did have trouble posting a link from the main home page...exseaorg.com. Don't understand why. I thought it had something to do with this site. It kept changing what I wrote.

Just knowing the site exists would be big news to them. Leaving the SO is incredibly daunting experience because you are instantly cut off from everyone you know. You are not allowed to tell anyone you are leaving,so you have no idea how to contact anyone who has gone before you. So you are faced with being out on the street with very little money, no job, no car, no place to live, no friends, no aquaintances, and very often in a strange city.

So a little card in your pocket that says:

would be a huge security blanket for anyone getting ready to bolt. Ex SO/ex Scn are networked well enough to respond quickly to anyone who contacts us for assistance. Getting that little card into their hands is the hardest part.
  20. Dubber Member

I'm talking about these forums. The URL for x.sea.org.googlepages.com gets translated to a bunch of Unfunny Truth links.
  21. Kookaburra Member

It is a couple of hours out of LA. It's past Riverside. I'd rent a mini van (cameras) and go with a dozen people at least. Picket the base. Chant REALLY LOUD. Use a megaphone. Tell them to blow. Tell them they have friends waiting for them. San Jacinto is useless waste of time IMO. This base is where 40 or 50 former top execs are locked up. The rest of them have been horrifically abused. Many of them are also the most locked in to the mind trap. Others are just biding their time for a chance to GTFO. Anything you can do to get the message across to those inside would be incredible.
  22. anonGF Member

QFT.
  23. mirrion Member

I'm curious. I wonder if anyone has thought of simply filing a report of abuse at Goldbase with the Riverside County Sheriff department.
  24. Re: Gold Base? Gold Base.

From all accounts I've read, Riverside County is in the Scifags' pocket.

I'm really hoping that's wrong.
  25. xenubarb Member

Oh, it's WRONG! But not in the way you mean. See http://operatingthetan.com for details of Keith Henson's joke of a trial in Rivercide County. Dirty from the DA on down...
  26. JacksAnon Member

27. Re: Gold Base? Gold Base.

I was really hoping for better from the IE. Guess I better move.

Anyone near the beach and need a roommate?
  28. HailXenu79 Member

God, just looking at that place freaks me out. It's like the Ministry of Love come to life... Even during the day, it looks scary!
  29. Dubber Member

I tell you, the moment I saw the castle, I felt like I had just gotten off the bus in the wrong part of town. It appears completely out of nowhere.

Notice the long turning pullouts. Standing in any one of these could bring a complaint for blocking a driveway. Using a megaphone could bring a complaint for disturbing a religious assembly. Approaching or taunting Sea Org officers going from one side to the other could bring a complaint for interference with constitutional rights. Int management does not fuck around.

As great as it would be to see people out there with signs saying "CONFRONT COB" I can't recommend it.
  30. anonangl Member

Does anyone else have problems with google earth? I'm on vista and that may be the issue with downloading it.
    Angl
  31. SweatyJon Member

Is it just me or does the entire place look deserted? There are all these living blocks and not one sign of life in any of the photos.

How many people actually live there?

EDIT: Ooh eer, anybody fancy a jog?

EDIT: Haha, looks like Miscavige has hit the water trap again.
  32. exOT8Michael Member

Apparently about 400 now, down from 1200.
  33. Kookaburra Member

Well, I would be a bit nervous doing it alone, but there is safety in numbers. As far as being charged with anything, highly unlikely unless you break the law. Just make sure you have a permit if permits are required locally. The local authorities have been to the base several times over the years over the unsanitary conditions in the galley, fire codes etc. They have been less than impressed with what they have found and it's been a huge flap every time. They do suck up to the police, but the police have also assisted someone blowing - Jeff Walker, who blew from Sr CS Int post. So they have a clue what goes on there.

Have a read of this post by BFG if you think Int management does not fuck around.

Musical Chairs Int Base style

These guys are so beaten down they couldn't handle invasion by a cockroach. DM has not been on the base for some time. He picked up and moved to LA. My take on it is, these guys need to hear your message.
  34. exOT8Michael Member

That link to "Musical Chairs" is very shocking. It shows quite a horrendous situation. Knowing DM's character it is very believable, frankly. He seems to have absolutely no self-correction function. I am so glad I sued the bastard and his cronies back in 1998, regardless of the outcome. DM is creating for himself a bottomless quagmire of stinking bad karma in which he will suffer for a very long time.
  35. Re: Gold Base? Gold Base.

RE Musical Chairs....

It reads like the Looney Toons have taken over the Ministry of Truth, to me. In fact, I can see Daffy Duck playing David Miscavvige in a short like that, although it might be too surreal for the old 50s 'toons.
  36. An0nYm0use Member

hi michael.

with all due respect. i am curious where the OG figures come from, i understand that there are contacts with people inside (which kind of answers my question). but these and the stats that G Berry citied etc. where do they come from? - especially since INT management are all locked in a room (apparently --- and do they ever get to leave the room? .. and where does that info come from?).
  37. xenubarb Member

The funny thing is about that stained glass in the "chapel."
    In most churches, the stained glass is oriented for people inside. They're not in there looking at a reversed picture.

The scilon stained glass is meant to be displayed to the outside world driving past on I-79.

That's because that building is used for file storage. It's a chapel in the same sense that DM is ecclesiastical, if you get my drift...
  38. exOT8Michael Member

As far as I know, the figures are either leaked by current insiders with Anon or OG connections or by recent defectors of high former position.
    :)
  39. A.Non Hubbard Member

I personally don't think we should go near Gold Base until after some big orgs are shut down. It'll help us keep on target.
  40. lanonamous Member