Customize

[Glosslip] Damning Diagnosis For Health Fads Means Bad News For The People....

Discussion in 'Media' started by nameless, Nov 16, 2009.

1. failboat Member

Re: [Glosslip] Damning Diagnosis For Health Fads Means Bad News For The People....

she needs a proofreader.

aviva (health insurance company) has a definite interest in presenting "alternative medicine" as quackery.

she does a decent job connecting extreme detox to the purif and narconon. too many tangents, could've been a shorter, more concise article. but that's true of most Glosslip stuff.
  2. Re: [Glosslip] Damning Diagnosis For Health Fads Means Bad News For The People....

Queen needs both an editor and a proofreader. Seriously: it's bad to start an article with illiteracy like "Aviva, is an insurance firm in the UK. They has just named the top ten health fads of the rich and famous and has deemed them a total waste of money and useless." And it is twice as long as it should be. Queen makes good points and has info to back them up, but a poorly written wall of text is a turn-off.
  3. Anon123456 Member

Re: [Glosslip] Damning Diagnosis For Health Fads Means Bad News For The People....

long article is loooong.
  4. WMAnon Member

hella tl;dr for my tastes, but if that's what glosslip readers like...
  5. Re: [Glosslip] Damning Diagnosis For Health Fads Means Bad News For The People....

I don't see why Glosslip readers would like that.
  6. RightOn Member

It is a long article.
    But any mention against Scientology is win in my book.
  7. Belladonna Member

I think she intentionally creates a word salad for search purposes, and throws as much in to the articles as possible for that reason.

While the rest of Glosslip is celebrity gossip, her Scientology articles are more of a public service; she's writing what other blogs aren't writing. Ever notice how she throws in a reference to Narconon, Criminon, Second Chance, Applied Scholastics, CCHR etc into just about every article she writes? The more these are mentioned together, the better.

And keep in mind that most celebrity articles CELEBRATE these stupid health fads, not challenge them. I'm looking at you, Huffington Post!
  8. Re: [Glosslip] Damning Diagnosis For Health Fads Means Bad News For The People....

this^^^
  9. whoever Member

Ehh. I disagree. It may help in terms of Googling, but I think how readers perceive it is at least as important. Tl;dr text that looks like a grab bag of superfluous shit has been thrown in makes me move on and not look back. It doesn't make me care about the issues or want to read more. In this case she (?) takes an article that's ostensibly about a health fad and turns it into a long essay on Scientology that tries to include too much. I think that loses people.
  10. Anon123456 Member

lost me and i actually have an interest in the topic. i think she just had alot of shit building up inside and she took this opportunity to spew it all at once. maybe not the best article but, it still works for us.
  11. Re: [Glosslip] Damning Diagnosis For Health Fads Means Bad News For The People....

^ this
  12. LocalSP Member

13. Anon123456 Member

your blood vessels will be clean as a wistle, however you will eventually have to get on the liver transplant list

Niacin, also known as vitamin B3 or nicotinic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that is used as a cholesterol and blood lipid (fat) lowering agent. The side effects of niacin include flushing and gastrointestinal disturbances, and at higher-sustained doses hepatotoxicity (liver damage). The immediate-release form of niacin is associated with less toxicity to the liver than other forms.