Customize

Getting newfags started - requesting suggestions and advice

Discussion in 'New Members Area - Start Here' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Yes, but I have been deliberately delaying this until the material has been finalised. Another project is making extensive use of these materials, and when the other project is ready to launch I will be asking folks to help.

Not sure I'll be able to secure translators though, but I'm hoping the other project will help generate the interested needed to get at least some of this done.
  2. 139115 Member

Greetings anons. I wanted yo take this opportunity to tell you of this book 'We are anonymous'. First off its a grest book. Very well put together. Tells true life stories of seversl anons, the use of 4chan and where it originated from tells you how and what they have done and what we stands for as brothers and sisters. Perfect book for NM (such as myself) so I hope some will pick this one and and look into it. Happy reading everyone. 20130707_095716.jpg 20130707_095716.jpg
  3. White Tara Global Moderator

I have moved this over to this thread as I can see potential for a further suggested reading section in the NMA comprehensive welcome section. Certainly this book is a nice one for what could be come quite a list of books. Any other suggestions welcome.

4. Anonymous Member

I have to say I’m extremely wary of this for a number of reasons. Olsen’s book (aside from getting a few things wrong) is combing many different anon factions. This would make recommending the book extremely problematic for WWP given that some of those factions have more illegality under their belt than you could shake a stick at.

As it stands we get eager beavers stopping by who have bought into the mythos of anonymous hacking, and they come here thinking that is what WWP is all about. Given that we have to disabuse those folks of these notions on a regular basis, I have to question recommending any book that would only serve to reinforce those misconceptions.

In short, this thread was about providing an introduction to WWP while the book is providing an introduction to the exploits of various (non-WWP) anon groups. If such a book is to be recommended in any capacity then it overcoming this conflation is a must.
  5. Anonymous Member

Edited to add: The fact the book costs money is another issue for me.
  6. Howard Hunt Member

I stumbled my way here, not at all concerned about Scientology. Now just the fact my spell check knows them as a legitimate word pisses me off. Does three make a cell? dunno but, I see a couple of friends that
    took my advice. Not all trolling newfag trolls for fun.
    Some are really lookin to learn.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. White Tara Global Moderator

True, however suggested further reading is not mandatory and a list of suggestions could be added with the proviso that wwp does not condone the illegal. The list itself could be an addendum to the history of anonymous part as opposed to a wwp further reading list.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

IIRC: A "Cell" can be two or more people. Three would be a cell. Basically, any number of people in a group willing to gain more members and participate can be considered a Cell. If I am incorrect, I guess I'm going to find out along with you. As you've already have seen: This group of Anonymous is into more than just Scientology. So, like a biological cell, it grows and changes along time.

If your friends want to learn, there are threads here that have an abundance of info.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Howard Hunt Member

Avoid the derail,in life,in cell,in target and in thread
  10. Howard Hunt Member

Dam it that was cheezzzy. Fail
  11. Anonymous Member

With suitable disclaimer I can go for this. Inb4GreggWantsMoney.
    There have been anon groups that were only a single person for a while…
  12. Howard Hunt Member

Shake "n" wake. And I helped.
  13. Howard Hunt Member

Funk my age is showing, any one know where I can get bieber tics
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

Link updated
  16. With all the info that I have read on this site I have found a lot of great things. But one thing concerns me A LOT is the fact the it is stated many times that WhyWeProtest is in fact against Scientology but that is not the main theme behind everything WhyWeProtest seems to me to be against everything that is not for the people not just Scientology because if that was the case then why be against the Government and so on and so on. I know the two are very closely related and enter twined together, but to say that is the illmain drive is selling yourself short. I feel that section should be put in a different area because it could give the wrong idea to people who are curious and just want to know more about the cause behind the effect. If more people as myself read this may find themselves wanting to leave the page because of feeling mislead such as I did till finally reaching the end. Like I have stated it is awesome I feel the part about Scientology should be moved so the misleading won't happen. Thank you for your time sorry to offend anyone that was not my intention I don't know if you have been informed about this in the past.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

wwp grew organically so when there are enough threads about freedom, occupy, rape, or a lot of activity in one country, we need to segregate the material into subforums or it gets all over everywhere. Obviously we can't do every topic on earth but try to make a place for all of humanity to read and learn and talk and troll and stroll.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

I've read that comment 6 times and I still don't get what the poster was trying to say....
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

I think his English teacher would cry a little.
  21. Anonymous Member

Study Tech doesn't teach them to be aware of sounding like Hubbard, and so on and so on....
  22. Anonymous Member

FTFY
  23. UNrealFox Member

well, i believe many new members come here. clueless AF but want to help. so i mean they could help by getting informed first of all on what the hell is going on haha then maybe have different threads for different locations of cells?
  24. I'd love to learn and get things started up in my area.
  25. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

We have a thread in the Planning area that can help you locate other Anons in your area. You are also welcome to post a thread there to form and plan protests in your area as well.

(Just as friendly FYI: I always, as a personal preference, put hyperlinks in red text because this looks better than this: https://whyweprotest.net/community/ )

Depending on what exactly you want started, almost each of the main sections (AvS, OWS, FoI, No Rape, and OP Innocence) has a General section you can post up plans and ideas for activities. The Planning area is another place as it serves as a "catch all" for both planning and locating fellow Anons.

Now I need to get some coffee before my brain seizes up like a motor...
  26. After you fetch your coffee, can we talk separately?
  27. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

PM? Sure. Feel free to ask away! You can also ask any mod as well. However, even if I wasn't a mod, I'd be glad to help you!
  28. Anonymous Member

What's the point in recommending books on Anons? They were written only to make some paper on Anons' popularity and contain of information that a 6 year old child could easily find on Wikipedia. IMHO every piece concerning Anons that costs money is a disgusting, petty attempt to make money on their activism, for even I could write such book, only thing i would need to check Wikipedia.

Anons originated from 4chan. NOOOO SHIIIIIIT!
    Anons wear fancy masks. Yeah, well, I've kinda been getting that feeling.
    Anons protest Scientology because it pissed them off. Great news.
    Now only check some of their most famous cyber attacks and raids and the book is ready!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  29. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Try biella Colman , she's an anthropologist who chose Anonymous as her field of study. She is like a reporter but not actually an Anon. She is loved.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Disambiguation Global Moderator

'Coding Freedom'
    • Like Like x 1
  31. veravendetter Member

Quiet bitch. This isn't the cool club. Go into the real world and see how cool you are there.
    • Like Like x 2

32. You were not around then.
    -----
    However, AlbinoBlack is right about opportunists making money off if it all.
    A lot of people cleverly made a lot of money.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  33. Also, a lot of people also got royally screwed.
    You can ask veravendetter about that.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  34. Disambiguation Global Moderator

orlly
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

I just did and I must say I'm satisfied. Everyone really likes me. Well, not everyone. Just my friends. Ok, just my mom. Ok, shut up!
    • Like Like x 1

36. I've long admired you from afar, :)
  37. Anonymous Member

All the links in NMA are not working, since there is no this "/community/" part.
  38. DragonLady58 Member

hahaha, hahahaha, Ahahahaha....I'm luvin' it....
  39. DORI ANON Member

40. It is not the fault of the organization. It is the fault of the individual. However, Depending on how big you want your movement to be, it may benefit anonymous to make things a bit easier for those who are less intelligent, but highly motivated. Legions are useful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.