Customize

Getoffmeds.com (888) 745-9950 Narconon referral scam

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Anonymous, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Mod Edit: Previous thread merged with new thread!
    This web seems to be another Narconon referral business. This thread is for related information.

There are three press releases at PRlog, the first one below:

http://www.prlog.org/11905319-get-o...ription-drug-addiction-treatment-program.html
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

3405327b4060669fc3b0d53d1e0cb381.gif.jpg

The material in these press releases is in the public interest because Narconon is a threat to public health. I am copying this PR content here for purposes of open debate and investigation per copyright "fair use," and for reference in case they are later deleted from the Internet.

With prescription drug addiction growing to epidemic levels and tens of thousands dying each year from overdose the people at “Get Off Meds” have created a new patient and consumer education website. It is called AddictivePrescriptions.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) - Jul 22, 2012 -
    Prescription drugs cause most of the more than 26,000 fatal overdoses each year. Painkiller addiction has itself risen to epidemic proportions in this country with pharmacies, hospitals and physicians dispensing the equivalent of 69 tons of pure oxycodone and 42 tons of pure hydrocodone in 2010.

However, until now, there has been no easy-to-understand place on the Internet where a patient or consumer could go to get clear and accurate information about these addictive prescriptions.

The website AddictivePrescriptions.com was created by the people at GetOffMeds.com to fill this need.

From antidepressants to stimulants such as Ritalin and Adderall, sedatives and painkillers this website gives information for each drug including: general information, special warnings, side effects, signs of overdose, withdrawal symptoms and signs of addiction.

Meridith Berk, the author of AddictivePrescriptions.com, is hoping the site will help inform people of the potential risks involved with taking these addictive prescription drugs so they can better evaluate whether the benefits are worth these risks. By including withdrawal symptoms and signs of addiction patients can get an idea of whether they are becoming dependent one of these drugs.

Knowledge of whether you are addicted is the first step toward seeking help with withdrawal.

Studies indicate that more than nine million people are currently addicted to prescription drugs in the United States alone.

Many people become addicted to prescription medications because they mistakenly believe these drugs are safer or less addictive than street drugs. According to the Drug Abuse Warning Network there was an 80 percent increase in prescription drug abuse across the USA within the past decade, and prescription drugs are commonly abused more than cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamines.

That makes it essential that patients at risk of addiction and their friends and loved-ones become aware of all the effects addictive prescriptions can create.

Reading and understanding the information available on this website may be the first step toward breaking the trap of addiction.

The website hosts a ‘live-chat’ operator which means people can get answers to their questions immediately. The site is easy to navigate as the medications are listed alphabetically and links are easy to locate.

Consumers who feel they may have a problem with prescription medications are encouraged to visit as well the website of GetOffMeds.com.
  3. Anonymous Member

Addiction Treatment Consulting Service Announces Free eBook Downloads Via Website

Get Off Meds, an addiction treatment consulting service is offering free eBook downloads on its newly revamped website, www.GotOffMeds.com. These eBooks offer important information about prescription medications.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) - Sep 04, 2012 -
    Get Off Meds, an addiction treatment consulting service is offering free eBook downloads on its newly revamped website, www.GotOffMeds.com.

At Get Off Meds they help people find the right treatment to overcome prescription drug addiction. With a staff that is knowledgeable about treatment protocols and that dedicate themselves to individualized consultation with all those who seek treatment and advice, Get Off Meds is helping thousands beat the scourge of prescription drug addiction.

Now, Get Off Meds is offering these informative eBooks that deal with prescription drug addiction free on their website. These eBooks are for sale on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com, but anyone can download them free by www.GetOffMeds.com. The staff there feel that it is very important for anyone dealing with prescription drug addiction or helping those who are dealing with it to understand as much as they can about the topic and to be able to access the best information.

The following important eBooks are available free exclusively from Get Off Meds:

Drug Overdose Signs and Symptoms – This book contains a list of overdose symptoms for top-selling prescription drugs and put them in an easily understandable form. With close to 50% of Americans taking at least one prescription drug daily it's important to know signs and symptoms of overdose. Having this information readily available and easy to understand could save a life.

Addictive Prescription Drugs – With prescription drug addiction and abuse at an all-time high and deaths caused by prescription drugs far outnumbering those from illicit drug use in many states it is more important than ever that we learn all we can about the medications we have been prescribed, especially those that can become habit-forming. Read this book and help yourself and those you love.

Insomnia Drugs – Insomnia drugs are widely prescribed and carry with them some very special and important FDA warnings. This booklet gives you those vital warnings as well as side effects and overdose symptoms of the drugs most frequently prescribed for sleep problems.

Antidepressants – Patients and caregivers deserve to have the necessary information about antidepressants to make an intelligent decision regarding whether to take or continue taking these medications. This book includes the side effects, overdose symptoms, withdrawal symptoms, important warnings and adverse reactions connected with antidepressant drugs. Also included is over 500 term glossary.

Accessing these important eBooks is very simple for anyone interested. Individuals can visit http://www.getoffmeds.com/free-reports/ and download this information for free. The site also offers visitors the chance to request a free drug report detailing the issues involved with any drug they might be concerned about.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Excellent find, OP!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Domain Name: GETOFFMEDS.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS1.BLUEHOST.COM
    Name Server: NS2.BLUEHOST.COM
    Updated Date: 11-mar-2012
    Creation Date: 29-feb-2012
    Expiration Date: 28-feb-2013

Registrant:
    Ultimate Site Promotion
    5014 college view ave
    los angeles, California 90041
    United States

Administrative Contact:
    berk, albie acf84Z8yJGEvPcdO0Jmq0cA==.png @aol.com
    Ultimate Site Promotion
    5014 college view ave
    los angeles, California 90041
    United States
    +1.3232549976
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

Albie Berk - cookie cutter cult web site -
    Code:
    http://home.scientologist.org/albieberk/myself.htm
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Anonymous Member

From Albie Berk's facebook link:
    Gee, does anyone else see the abuse potential of this FDA drug side effect reporting system?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

OMG you can submit your own AEs to the pharmaceutical company???? That won't last, they have to report to the FDA each adverse event, no way are they allowing 'anonymous' AE reports. I wonder what that phone app really does?
  11. Internetzin Member

I had always believed that AE's had to be verified by a doctor to be reported to FDA?

EDIT:found it, It would serve no purpose I think FDA would have to verify the individual AE, to make it take action against a manufacturer. However, floods of complaints could make a lot of people at FDA and the Pharmaceutical companies expend a lot of energy chaseing up phantom complaints.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceCo...n/Surveillance/AdverseDrugEffects/default.htm
  12. Anonymous Member

It is a lengthy and booooring process, and since AEs turn up in malpractice suits "Why did you prescribe that drug when it causes the blood to turn into massage oil???" no one is going to allow someone tapping an iPhone to submit a AE
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

Nope.
  15. Anonymous Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/getoffmeds?feature=plcp

This would be a great anti-pharma black PR op:

1. Get a bunch of people to notify the FDA of side effects for certain drugs, maybe antidepressants.
    2. At some point issue a press release about the number of people with alarming side effects for those drugs based upon the FDA database records.
    3. Scared public are scared.
    4. Getoffmeds.com to the rescue!
    5. Purif style detox.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

No it is easy to report adverse events to the FDA. I have done it. Takes 5 minutes.

It never occurred to me until now that some group might try to game the system. But who better to game such a system than Albert Berk, SEO expert. He probably has a small army of low paid work from home minions.

The FDA do not investigate all these complaints. But they do record them and they become part of the list of side effects on the package insert.
  17. Anonymous Member

I remember a few years back when the New Yorker wrote an article about Ambien making people sleepwalk and do crazy things. Is it possible this side effect is actually due to a few bogus reports? The drug was around for quite a while before the sleepwalking scare started.
  18. Internetzin Member

Really? Surely the FDA can't just take assertions on face value. If every false AE had to be published on inserts wouldn't a shopping outing to the px become SUV mandatory.
  19. Anonymous Member

How are you going to check if someone truly has a headache, is nauseated, has muscle aches, ringing in the ears, constipation, diarrhea, shortness of breath, blurred vision, auditory hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, etc.?

Most side effects are unverifiable.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Without Scientology, who would think to game a side effect reporting database?

Hmm. Maybe hedge fund managers.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

Just to be clear, so far zero evidence of anyone gaming anything. I am merely noticing how easy it would be for Scientology to fuck with the FDA's side effect reporting system.

Kinda interesting that the people sending out the press release about how to use the FDA site also publish these books:

cd6cad77507d6fce184b0d47743266b2.png
    7811511b14d590fa0dcea22ee5a811de.png
    2bf927859460658353383254bcd328f9.png
    27821a39f86ed3fcbc09b5816e768a94.png

Shit like this is why I will never, ever do anything to piss off the FBI. Because ultimately, the FBI is what stands between us and 1984.

FBI, I will bake you chocolate chip cookies if you come by my house. **hugs**
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

"I wish my doctor had told me about these side effects before I started taking Ambien."

Pretty scary stuff.
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Anonymous Member

This domain sounds like it might be part of the FDA. But it is just our friend Albert "Albie" Berk.

Domain Name:FDADRUGREPORTS.ORG
    Created On:04-Jul-2010 20:03:35 UTC
    Last Updated On:03-Sep-2010 03:48:24 UTC
    Expiration Date:04-Jul-2013 20:03:35 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
    Registrant ID:CR51383813
    Registrant Name:albie berk
    Registrant Organization:Ultimate Site Promotion
    Registrant Street1:5014 college view ave
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:los angeles
    Registrant State/Province:California
    Registrant Postal Code:90041
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+1.3232549976
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email: View attachment email.pgif?md5=1b1bae0ad3bc2fb5f35a94b2adfb2554&am
  25. Anonymous Member

Domain ID:D165159971-LROR
    Domain Name:TREATMENTSFORINSOMNIA.ORG
    Created On:30-Mar-2012 20:05:39 UTC
    Last Updated On:30-May-2012 03:51:53 UTC
    Expiration Date:30-Mar-2013 20:05:39 UTC
  26. Anonymous Member

Domain ID:D25417635-LRMS
    Domain Name:BEHAVIORPROBLEMS.INFO
    Created On:04-Jul-2008 18:06:21 UTC
    Last Updated On:15-Aug-2012 08:30:15 UTC
    Expiration Date:04-Jul-2013 18:06:21 UTC

hcp-promotions.com
    [IMG] Health Care Professionals Website Promotion

ZELAL.ORG WHOIS
    Registrant Contact Information:
    Name: albie berk
    Organization: albie company
    Address 1: 5014 college view ave
    City: los angeles
    State: California
    Zip: 90041
    Phone: +132.32549975
    Email: 55d5f677fae51dc.png @us.com
  27. MagnumBerlin Member

I feel the sudden need to tell the posting Anons:

I love the way you guys collect any kind of information and data about the subject - no matter how unimportant it may seem at first glance - and then compile it to a whole image which is based on data and facts. It's like a huge collective brainstorming and so mighty and powerful that I'm sure the $cientologists shiver with fear. Please continue that way!

Meanwhile we will continue to raid the shit out of the cult in Berlin, Germany and the rest of the world. And I'm sure that Anons who post here are also raiding in real life. Thanks!

Sorry for digressing. <3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. YouSeeNothing Member

Good job, OP.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  29. Anonymous Member

Rehash of earlier press release with a few new bits:
    Paging Bartholomew Salt to the white courtesy phone...
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

This Google result looks interesting but it's been scrubbed from the web and from Google cache:

b66ec716b7866c01253e94e4c3058a6e.png
  31. DeathHamster Member

Code:
    http://www.ultimatesitepromotion.com
    http://hcp-promotions.com
    HCP: "The Leader in Internet Marketing for Health Care Professionals" Barf!
    1985 huh? The only net around then was ARPAnet, and they did not take kindly to advertising. So much bullshit. (On the other hand, their site does look like a piss-poor 90s design!)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. fishypants Moderator

Meredith Berk, you say?

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/m/meredith-berk.html

• Like Like x 2
  33. Anonymous Member

This came up in my Google search on &quot;addictiveprescriptiondrugs.com&quot; I recognize the name, Ray Comfort. Wasn't he the guy Radio Paul interviewed recently?

b5d9ccb8f9256357ec28c9cbe9306195.png

2e93854715a755afafbf5cbf5138e120.png
    • Winner Winner x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

It is a tangent, but how can I ignore a publisher named, "Bridge-Logos"?
    http://www.bridgelogos.com/About-Us.html

Anyone know if there are connections to Scientology's printing businesses?
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

36. Anonymous Member

Yeah, that's him.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Anonymous Member

A Ray Comfort tangent again, sorry. The only reason I'm sharing this is because it is so fucktarded. I mean, it is Tom Cruise fucktarded --i.e., unselfconscious self-asserted personal awesomeness. This mostly happens only if someone lives their life in a criticism free bubble.

Ray Comfort apparently wrote a book with forgotten TV star Kurt Cameron about ten years ago

Below is an excerpt from the preface written by Kurt Cameron.

8e4f846fd349ce66185aeecf6cecbeae.png

Part of me wants to explain why dumb, but part of me wants to trust Anonymous to just see.
  39. Anonymous Member

Eh just for reference in case I decide to check these links later.
    bae5278dddbd09d44208a4cad17cab4f.png
  40. Anonymous Member

Could we supplement the title to this thread, to reflect the connection with Scientology? I didn't go into for a while, because I thought maybe someone here was just anti-prescription drugs and wanted to talk about it.