Customize

German Government responds to Scientology

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by EsotericTim, Apr 27, 2008.

1. EsotericTim Member

2. TheGeth Member

Re: German Government responds to Scientology

Reminds me of the Gold Release info packet. Germany has the right idea.
  3. indeedindeed Member

4. indeedindeed Member

thanks to TrevAnon there is now a first rough translation of the document: You can get it from the link in posting #16 in .txt or posting #13 in .doc. This refers to the thread linked to before.

i think it's already in a rather good quality, but there are some things that need to be changed and some need to be reformulated. But anyone simply wanting to know what this is about is already served very well with this document.

It's not yet in a quality where it may be distributed e.g. at protests.

another official document on the german stance on Scientology I found, which is already in english and is specifically designed for an US-american audience:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/germany/germany21.html

excerpts:

5. indeedindeed Member

Now it is in a much better form, but not yet completed and in any event no official translation. If you only want to know the content of the 25 questions&answers in the document - which is the most important part - look here: The Scientology System

Again, it's not ready yet, we're still improving, so I suggest not using it yet if you intend to use it, e.g. distributing it somewhere for informational purposes.
  6. Anonym0se Member

I'm so jealous right now. It just makes one wonder, with the government this opposed to it, how much longer until they get feed up with it and ban the cult? (in France as well, due to the recent lawsuit discussion)

I know, it's still going to be a long hard road with many lulz, but it's stil fun to wonder.
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

There was a rather recent news piece saying that the authorities in charge of the protection of the constitution (secret services) were warning against an attempt to ban scientology in Germany. I will add the link here when i find it.
  8. indeedindeed Member

Quoting brisanonb from the other thread: