Customize

Gawker: Assange and Creepy, Lovesick Emails...

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by EyeOnSci, Dec 16, 2010.

1. EyeOnSci Member

2. BusinessBecky Member

Re: Gawker: Assange and Creepy, Lovesick Emails...

So whats new.
  3. Anonymous Member

shocking revelations
  4. grebe Member

Whoa.

There's narcissism, then there's the really weird, over-the-top egocentrism of, "why aren't you behaving like the cartoon of you that I have created in my mind?"

Narcissism gets a lot of shit done. But when it rides too far off the rails it's just sad. Best appreciated from a safe distance.
  5. Sponge Member

Looks like they were written with the help of Dr.Sbaitso
  6. Anonymous Member

zOMG, elite hacker on steroids managed to look up her number, even though she never gave it to him.

Wow, Adrian Chen, this is such a scoop!

btw, every time you visit that page on Gawker, Chen gets commission, I think. Maybe it's best to quote it in full? Perhaps Adrian is trolllin' for pageviews? (Just a thought!)
  7. Herro Member

While I appreciate the delightful irony in this, it's still a dick move to violate the guy's privacy like this. Not cool gawker. Not cool.
  8. grebe Member

Assange is a public figure about to be canonized as an international hero and a populist saint. Ergo, evidence that the guy actually quite batshit is much appreciated. By me at least.
  9. Anonymous Member

BEST. COMMENT. EVAR.

(from Gawker)

Sometimes fucked-up dudes do awesome things, partly because of how fucked up they are. A masochist with a bad temper can make a truly gifted soldier. An Asperger-y genius with poor interpersonal skills can create a website that makes poor interpersonal skills irrelevant to the collection of "friends." And a self-aggrandizing creep who thinks the world should pay attention to him can succeed in doing something that has a great impact on the world, which results in the world paying attention to him.

The best things about you are often the exact same things that make you suck.
  10. grebe Member

Yes, crazy people sometime do amazing things that help mankind. Go crazy people!

But srsly, do not date them or lend them big monies. Unless you like non-stop drama.

Anyway, Assange probably was a douche to the two women. And seeing as how those two 30ish year old persons failed to spot Mr. International for what he was before they went nekkid, they likely have a screw or two loose themselves.

tl;dr: Stay the fuck out of it. And by "it" I mean the whole he-said-she-said fiasco.
  11. Anonymous Member

Agree, that's excellent.
  12. Re: Gawker: Assange and Creepy, Lovesick Emails...

QFMFT!
  13. Anonymous Member

Those are just kinda painful to read. I'd still probably hit it, though.
  14. Anonymous Member

"the heat of your breast pressed against me was still vivid in my mind"
    lol, what a charmeur
  15. basileus Member

Truth!

And grebe, I'm with you -- he is a man, not an infallible deity, and I'm not terribly surprised. Christ, if people could read the notes I used to pass six years ago, they'd probably label me an awkward, creepy narcissist too and that's only 90% true.
  16. xenubarb Member

<speculation>Lose the neckbeard and you may become fully human.</speculation>
  17. AnonyVix Member

I think that assessment sums up most socially awkward love sick guys.
  18. Wogaphile Member

I think Assange comes across quite well in these missives - poetic, romantic, vigorous. He has no reason at all to be embarrassed by them - it wasn't as if he was stalking her. Many girls would be titillated, indeed thrilled to have such an ardent, persistent suitor.
  19. Anonymous Member

Are you a girl?
  20. Anonymous Member

And a lot of women would lap it up. My personal opinion of Assange is that he's a bit of a man-whore but that doesn't matter since I'm never going to have any direct interaction with him.

If Assange were trying to set himself up as some paragon of moral virtue then stuff like this would be relevant.
  21. Random guy Member

Well, Assange appears to be a bit of an asshole, but that is hardly a crime.
  22. Anonymous Member

I think it sums up most people in love. Don't look back--something WILL embarrass you.
  23. anonymousIL Member

Has anyone downloaded the Gawker files?
  24. Anonymous Member

i agree with the woman who got the emails: it strikes me as socially awkward and he's trying to use flowery prose to cover for that fact. he's trying to woo her. he's probably used to rejection so he gives it a few more tries than a regular joe would, but then he does give up. he doesn't stalk her or rape her or have sex with her and bust out of the condom. the woman even says she didn't feel threatened.
  25. Anonymous Member

fify
  26. Herro Member

You don't get laid much do you?
  27. Re: Gawker: Assange and Creepy, Lovesick Emails...

If enough people add Herro to their ignore list, can we just perma-ban her? Again?
    Just sayin. There are enough annoying people shitting the place up already, without someone thats job is to shit the place up adding to it.
  28. JohnnyRUClear Member

Herro's so entheta.
  29. Anonymous Member

lol @ shit in my pants.
  30. basileus Member

Humanity < neckbeard