Customize

Gary Richardson files five more lawsuits against Narconon Arrowhead

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Doesn't this moron have some sort of rules he's supposed to follow? I know he's elected, but doesn't he have someone to answer to?
  2. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

He will answer to the people that elected him
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Narconon International Clark Carr Spin Doctors 40 Years Of Success - Canada cult | Examiner.com

By David Love

The Narconon controversy continues today as many are outraged over Clark Carr’s ‘spin doctoring’ Narconon’s success rate into something it is not. Carr is the ‘President of Narconon International’ and Member of the ‘Narconon Science Advisory Board’ – a group of Scientologists.

Oklahoma Attorney Gary Richardson released this comment a few minutes ago:

Continued at
    www.examiner.com/article/narconon-international-clark-carr-spin-doctors-40-years-of-success
    • Like Like x 3
  5. patriot75 Member

Press Release: Narconon Clark Carr 40 Years Of Spin Doctoring Truth

By David Edgar Love

WireService.ca Press Release - 05/26/2013 - Two days ago, Narconon International released a video "40 Years Evidence of Recovery" in what appears to be an attempt to redefine what 'recover' and 'success' really is. Scientology is well known for their continuing battle with media and critics who expose the Narconon lies -- entrapping unsuspecting citizens into believing the unbelievable.

The new Oklahoma law (Bill 295), regulating drug rehabs [Narconon] in Oklahoma that was recently signed by Governor Mary Fallin, states:

"H. All claims by and accomplishments publicized by any applicant for certification or any certified alcohol- or drug dependent organization, including but not limited to consumer count and success rates, shall be documented and verifiable by the Board."

MOAR http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=10432
    • Like Like x 4
  6. patriot75 Member

FYI this language was NOT added to the Stacy Law. It is original language!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. BigBeard Member

Then why the hell wasn't it being enforced before people died after being sucked in by narCONon's rediculous claims??? :mad:

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology's Drug Rehab Network Goes On the Offensive | The Underground Bunker

The article ends with:

So Scientology’s big comeback to all of the recent bad publicity is to tout a study that had been lost for thirty years, and which based its results on only ten teenagers.

And even that, it turns out, may be highly questionable.

“I was the Executive Director of Narconon Connecicut,” says Patty Moher, who lives in New London, where this study supposedly occurred. “I can attest these numbers were all fabricated.”

Moher left Scientology years ago and has become a vocal critic of the church. But while she was in Scientology, she ran its New London Narconon center. Recently, at the research forum “Reaching for the Tipping Point,” Moher explained the background of the Connectictut study.

“How [were they fabricated]? I made them all up. Personally. I knew the numbers were awful, I knew they wanted to show great results. Being a Scientologist I thought, ‘Oh well, greatest good and all that’ and so just pulled those numbers right out of my ass. Consider this my confession. I personally fudged all the numbers because I knew it’s what they wanted. There was no study. I just made them up,” she said.

We asked her to elaborate on that, and she sent us this: “I remember that Narconon US had sent me a questionnaire on Narconon grads. The only thing I had to fill in were the numbers. How many of this, how many of that. No written report, no names, no case numbers, no documentation at all. Just fill in the numbers and send it back up line. It was pure Bullshit.”

At the end of his video, Carr posted his e-mail address and offered to answer questions about Narconon and its success rates. So we sent him a message that quotes Patty Moher’s confession. We’ll let you know if he gets back to us.

More at http://tonyortega.org/2013/05/27/scientologys-drug-rehab-network-goes-on-the-offensive/

Related thread:

Laughworks comedy by Tom Solari and Narconon president Clark Carr
    • Like Like x 8

9. As a former director of a Narconon facility Patty Moher knows everything about how this Scientology scam is operated and sums it up nicely in this video starting @ 1:10.

Narconon to this very day promotes a bogus success rate of over 70% in curing addicts. This incredible claim gives desperate families of addicts (most of whom have relapsed many times already) real hope and a last chance at saving their loved ones.

Addicts and their families do everything they can to come up with 30 thousand dollars for the program not realizing it is ALL Scientology courses and processing along with absurd and medically dangerous mega-overdoses of niacin and other crazy LRH vitamin concoctions as well as dangerous 5 hour a day, every day sessions crammed into a sauna with other 'patients'.

Narconon's 'treatment' is 100% batshit insane L. Ron Hubbard quackery. They claim to be 'secular', another lie. L. Ron Hubbard claimed to be Dr. L. Ron Hubbard at one time until this lie was exposed and he dropped the Dr. title. The man was a complete and utter fraud and so is his Narconon program.

Several unnecessary deaths have occured at these bogus Scientology/ Narconon facilities. Scientology's 'non=profit' medically dangerous ripoff scam of Narconon has blood on its hands.

Scientology has reaped untold millions from this 'non-profit' and touts it as their biggest 'humanitarian contribution' to mankind. Disgusting!!!!! They're the 'experts' on curing drug abuse according to Tom Cruise.

For the truth on Scientology's disgraceful Narconon scam:

Google: Narconon / David Love

Search these titles in youtube as well.........
    • Like Like x 5
  10. patriot75 Member

IMO, it is because NN AH referees to its self as an "Recovery Center". That term was never in the law until the passage of Stacy's Law. I could be off on this right now due to laziness..LOL.

IMO, another reason for this going by the way side could be the "understaffed and underfunded" thing.
    Either way it's rubbish if you ask me.
  11. How interesting that the people that made up shit and lied about Narconon are the ones attacking Narconon.

Very awesome, lie about success rate %, commit credit card fraud and then later on, call for immunity and tell the word how much NN lies .. .ehem .. YOU lied!
    Losers
    This message by Losers has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  12. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  13. NARCONON STILL OPEN!
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

Yep and wonder who will die next. Somebody and it will be another tragedy (or maybe they'll just become a member of the cult and lose their family). Please come back when that happens and shriek some more.
    Shame on your ignorance and imho, shallow heart.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. How about the lives they saved? none? how about David Love? He would be dead without Narconon. Ask him.
    NNsavesLives
    This message by NNsavesLives has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
  16. Anonymous Member

there are plenty of drug treatments that treat addictions PROPERLY. Not with some quack science crap that has never been medically proven to be of any value.
    And other treatments do not try to indoctrinate you into a cult, lie about their connections to a cult, cover up the scam they are pulling with insurance companies or make people ingest oil and mega bombs of niacin WHICH ARE HARMFUL TO SOMEONE WITH A COMPROMISED LIVER.
    GOT IT?
    NOW STFU
    • Like Like x 4
  17. U mad, bro?

Make me STFU, idiot. This is a fucking free country. You go fuck yourself or beat your kids or whatever it is you do besides pr0n watching.

Now I will say this: Yes there are drug treatments that treat addiction properly, but they also KILL people sometimes. I don't know of any drug treatment that has never killed anyone. They are fucking junkies, for Christ sake!
    lolmoron
    This message by lolmoron has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  18. Asheera Member

People who have this attitude probably should not be involved in providing any kind of drug treatment for anybody. Just saying....
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Anonymous Member

http://offdainnertube.blogspot.ca/2012_04_01_archive.html

• Like Like x 4
  20. Anonymous Member

Funny, actually proper drug rehab rarely have deaths at their facility (as in less than 4 EVER) TO have even one death usually starts a around of investigations in a real rehab place. I know of at least 30 rehabs that have never had a death and have been functioning for anywhere from 5-40 years. DOX please on your assertion that all rehabs have deaths.

Also LOL "beat your kids" that sounds just like "Did you have to stop beating your wife to come today Mark" Thanks for the laugh and the easy comparison between what you say and what known OSAbots have said to people. If you don't want to be grouped in with them you should probably stop sounding like them.
    Occam's razor
    If it sounds like a duck, acts like a duck, walks like a duck, and looks like a duck... it's probably a duck!
    • Like Like x 1

21. Interesting how that Aussie Narconon twat that walks out of the interview claims that critics of Scientology and Narconon are religious bigots but then claims that Narconon is purely secular. This is such typical double speak bullshit. Double speak is a huge danger sign.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Need a version of this for OSA:
    writing_styles.png
  23. anyone disagreeing with anything is OSA.

Or anyone posting at lunch time

Prove me wrong
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

Dominique Cook
    Narconon in the UK is recruiting for its Ideal Narconon! Beautiful place in the lovely south-east England countryside. Whether you are trained or not, if you are interested let us know. Narconon in the UK has always been multi-lingual and multicultural so whatever your language, if you speak some English, you are welcome1 Contact us on uknarconon@gmail.com
    • Like Like x 1
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology Drug Rehab Shut Down in Georgia, Ordered to Turn Over Records in Oklahoma

By Tony Ortega

Scientology’s drug rehab center in the Atlanta area, Narconon Georgia, has cut a deal with county and state officials, and in return for shutting down an operation that was already on life support, the facility escapes prosecution on credit card fraud and insurance fraud that was said to be in the millions of dollars.

<snip>

Narconon Arrowhead is facing more than ten additional lawsuits — one brought by Murphy over the death of his daughter — and they’re all being handled by former prosecutor Gary Richardson. We asked him if today’s decision by Judge Bland will benefit his clients.

“Oh yeah, you bet,” Richardson told us. “I of course agree with the court’s ruling, and we anticipate when we file similar motions, that we will get similar ruling. So that’s good news.”

The full article with open comments is here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/25/na...t-down-in-georgia-has-court-loss-in-oklahoma/
    • Like Like x 4
  26. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

Narconon of Georgia surrenders license, avoids prosecution | Atlanta Journal-Constitution

By Christian Boone

A controversial Norcross drug treatment facility with ties to the Church of Scientology will avoid any potential criminal charges after surrendering its license to the state.

But the investigation into allegations of insurance fraud by those running the facility isn’t over, Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter said.

“Narconon as a corporate entity has been relieved of criminal liability but no individual is,” Porter said Wednesday. “Certainly we’ve discovered discrepancies between what was billed and what was provided. The key now is to identify those individuals who were submitting the claims.”

Continued with open comments at
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/narconon-of-georgia-surrenders-license-avoids-pros/nZ7Sw/
    • Like Like x 5
  28. RightOn Member

first I was like :)
    But now hearing the details, I am like :confused:
    Now I am like :mad:
    I think this is a huge slap on the wrist.
    A deal? Why a fucking deal? Would anyone else get a deal with defrauding insurance companies? WTF?
    Why is the license suspension only for a year?
    WTF?
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Anonymous Member

I've got a year. And then some. (I hope.) I've marked my calendar for July 2014. I'm gonna be out in front of the end of the suspension.... July 2014 = poonage to any and all agencies responsible for licensing. As well as to the Gwinnette (?) County DA.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. DeathHamster Member

I wonder if they'll try to pop up another Narconon New Life First Step with "absolutely no connection to Narconon Georgia"?
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Anonymous Member

Is Narconon Georgia a franchise or run by Narconon International itself? Yes, we know that everything is controlled by COB, but even if you sue a franchise for insurance fraud and succeed, Narconon International is not responsible (unless you prove the franchise is a fraud, a cover). Anyhow, the more important thing is I like to see somebody in jail. When is the last time they put a Scientologist working for the church in US jail for fraud? (snow white?) That would be a good start - you are not above the law. It might just start another exodus. Or else that would set very good examples as Scientologists.
  32. DeathHamster Member

The criminal case could have opened up the connection between between Narconon Georgia and Narconon International, perhaps ABLE too. I'm not sure that the civil cases or possible criminal cases against individuals would do that.

The disk drives seized from Narconon Georgia are probably full of all sorts of controlling orders from up the ladder. I'll be pissed off if all that evidence vanishes because the criminal case is gone, especially if the civil cases can't use it. (I bet CoS threw Narconon Georgia under the bus for just that reason.)

So long as they use people/places/name unconnected with the old operation, I don't see why they can't open a new franchise tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 4
  33. Anonymous Member

Precisely, there's no way you can stop people opening a narconon franchise (unless you attack Narconon International). But then if you predecessor went to jail, I doubt very much any rich scilons will want to do that, knowing that their money grabbing ability will be much restricted.

I believe there is/are civil cases doing just that, proving that Narconon and CoS runs the rehab centers, and doing not badly. I doubt if the DA has stomach for that. But if they have good material after the raid, I smell corruption. Just find some scape goats and that's is.

34. This is just for criminal charges against the corporation. This does not absolve Narconon, ABLE, or any other shells from civil actions and insurance companies getting restitution. There is still a chance to really probe further into the organization with civil suits, which will most likely be filed any day now.
    • Like Like x 4
  35. JohnnyRUClear Member

So... is this just Teenie-Weenie throwing the underlings under the bus to throw the law off the mothership's trail?
    • Like Like x 2
  36. RightOn Member

that's just it,
    It shouldn't be "there is still a chance"
    it should be fact that they will probe further
    I certainly hope so, because this sounds an awful lot like a huge slap on the wrist to me.

37. RightOn, I agree that they "will probe further" but even in a criminal action, there discovery rules and evidence rules that Scientology plays with ad nauseum, so getting good disco and then getting it admitted can be a huge hurdle, which is why I said "still a chance".

Medical Insurance companies do not take fraud lightly and will go after their high powered lawyers with even higher powered corporate lawyers. Trust me on this one, it will be a very ugly fight if Narconon fights it.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

Narconon Georgia ED get caught lying that they don't accept patients because they are too full. I hope they put the last ED or anybody else in jail and they might think twice before lying, or follow the ex-ED into jail.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. anon walker Moderator

I agree. But insurance fraud pursued by insurance companies with more resources than the state might be to our advantage. But I don't know.
    • Like Like x 1