Customize

Future Radicals - Documentary Production

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Futureradical, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Futureradical Member

We are a small Melbourne-based independent TV production company, in the early stages of an ABC-backed documentary film about Anonymous and the activities they are involved in.

We believe in the unequivocal right to free speech, and would love the chance to tell your story in your own words.

With the Australian government's plan for Internet censorship, and major corporations coming under fire for their ethics and practices, we realise that Anonymous, and all it stands for, is taking root in the minds and lives of Australians today.

What we seek to understand is what this means for the future of activism and protest, the implications for our freedom and rights, and how you are organising, moving and thinking within the Hivemind, and within the worldwide protests and social movements you are involved in.

We need your help to spread the word, and find both local and distant contributors, and lend the legitimacy we need to make this story accurate, compelling and effective.

Interviews would be conducted on your terms, as we in no way wish to compromise the security of any members. All steps will be taken to protect identities, and we have various measures we can take to ensure your story is told at no danger to your privacy.

If you feel this is something you would like to involved in, please get back to us as soon as possible, and we can discuss the options available.

Alternatively, if you are in contact with any active supporters in Australia or the rest of the world and think they could assist us, please pass the message on.

If you have any further questions about our company or would like to know more about the production and what we make please visit http://www.renegade.com.au.

All the best, and many thanks,

Future Radical
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Thank you for the thread, Future Radical.

I am moving your thread to the Off Topic Sub Forum.
  3. Futureradical Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Futureradical Member

QUESTIONS Future radicals would like to put to Anons who agree to filmed SKYPE intervews

What and who is Anonymous?

When and why did you get involved?

What kinds of people does Anonymous attract?

What is meant by the hivemind mentality of the group?

Some commentators have described Anonymous as an activist ‘brand’. How would you describe the tools, marketing materials, ethos, iconography and aesthetics of Anonymous as a brand?

What is the attraction of Anonymous? What are the negative aspects of Anonymous?

What is an operation, how do they come about and how do they become ignited into real action when there is no-one in charge?

What kind of activities do you personally get involved in as an Anon member?

What role does hactivism play in Anonymous activities?

How do you feel about hactivism as a form of protest? What have been the most important acts of Anonymous hactavism to date and why?

How are govts, corporations and law enforcement responding to hactivism?

Have you ever been embarrassed or ashamed by any Anonymous activities?

Given the spate of arrests around recent acts of hactivism (eg: Op Payback) what is the future for Anonymous ops of this kind?

How anonymous is Anonymous?

Is Anonymous growing in power as a movement?

In terms of media coverage, what does the media NOT get about Anonymous?

What should the media be paying attention to re Anonymous in 2012?

What will Anonymous being paying attention to in 2012?
  5. Anonymous Member

I'll throw you a bone only because this amuses me. Understand that Anonymous is secretive by nature so nobody (who is legit) is going to put their face to the name.

We are Legion, We do forget, We do not Forgive

When the goverments shit all over our rights to freedom.

Those who dare to defy.

We are Hydra, cut off one head and two more will take its place. The are no leaders.

Some commentators have described Anonymous as an activist ‘brand’. How would you describe the tools, marketing materials, ethos, iconography and aesthetics of Anonymous as a brand?

Property is theft. Anonymous is protection of our identities and enables us to do the things that we do.

What is the attraction of Anonymous? What are the negative aspects of Anonymous?

If one cherishes their freedom and rights, they will join us.

What is an operation, how do they come about and how do they become ignited into real action when there is no-one in charge?

An operation is like fire. It materializes from nothing, it just happens under the right conditions and circumstances. Once its starts it quickly spreads.

No one is at liability to point the finger. Especially at themselves. Those who seek recognition are the ones who stand against us.

Advances in technology and communication has given everybody the tools necessary to stand for themselves and others who cannot. We have evolved through technology.

How do you feel about hactivism as a form of protest? What have been the most important acts of Anonymous hactavism to date and why?

We have become more than just individuals, therefore it is impossible to convey personal feelings.

Violence, Kidnapping, Interrogation, and Imprisonment of suspected individuals. What they have been doing for hundreds of years.

Have you ever been embarrassed or ashamed by any Anonymous activities? N/A

Given the spate of arrests around recent acts of hactivism (eg: Op Payback) what is the future for Anonymous ops of this kind?

We will endure.

Discarding our individuality is our strength.

See for yourself.

We are not individuals seeking power or fame.

They should be concerned about how we are protecting the freedoms they take for granted.

Your Freedom
  6. Futureradical Member

Hello,
    Thanks for your responses. Would you be prepared to answer these questions in a filmed skype interview??
    I understand your thoughts about individuals seeking personal fame. Thing is, Anonymous is about communication and digital communication is fantastic but a documentary film is also a great way to communicate because it can reach a whole new audience via broadcast. That's why we're seeking filmed interviews with Anons so they can explain to our audience what Anonymous is and what is motivating people to get involvfed. We would like to do a filmed skype interview with you but we're hoping individual Anons can explain to us their personal motivations for getting involved. Anons are participating while maintaining their identities by wearing the mask, voice distortion etc etc.
    Would be good to know a bit more about how you contribute to Anonymous so we can understand what is firing you: freedom of information generally, Occupy, Scientology, Wikileaks, internet censorship legislation , corruption, injustice. Look forward to hearing your thoughts
  7. Dragononymous Member

You, whoever you are.
    BAD, BAD Person!
    Never mention your bloody name for whatevers sake
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thread moved to Production Studio. No Trolling Allowed in the PS! Thank you!.

(but very good advice, Dragon! ;))
  9. Anonymous Member

Expect Scilons to contact you now under the guise of being anonymous. They'll be the ones advocating illegal activities, violence, etc.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

Mod Edit: dox removed.
  11. Dragononymous Member

Dox removed.
  12. xamarl Member

We are Legion, We do forget, We do not Forgive.

When i was informed of the violations of human rights laws by the cult of $cientology.

The ones who believe in freedom.

...Please elaborate.

We symbolise freedom, everyone loves freedom except the dictators trying to take it from others.

We protect and defend freedom, what more do we need to attract members?
    The only downside is the slander we encounter from the right wing media.

An operation is an action that we organise to show the people can not be caged or silenced.

Actions that support freedom and basic human rights.

"Advances in technology and communication has given everybody the tools necessary to stand for themselves and others who cannot. We have evolved through technology."-Previous poster.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

It is just another tool at our disposal as it is at the disposal of anyone wishing to use it.

"Violence, Kidnapping, Interrogation, and Imprisonment of suspected individuals. What they have been doing for hundreds of years."
    -Previous poster.
    Yet again, exactly how i would have responded.

Have you ever been embarrassed or ashamed by any Anonymous activities?

No, and we never will be.

We can not be stopped, when one member is silenced two louder voices shall be heard.

Completely.

Yes.

We are not hurting anybody but rather helping the people being hurt.

Everything, we are everywhere, we are everyone.

Any and all matters that threaten freedom.

As for the Skype interview: I am willing but have a tight schedule to adhere to.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dragononymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

We are the Robin Hoods of the information age, stealing illegally obtained data from the rich and giving it back to the poor, that they may arm themselves against the oppressive measures modern governments are putting upon their citizens.
    Governments should be held accountable when they store vast amounts of private information on their people.
    Anonymous is just redressing the balance.
  15. Pique Member

Nope, only legal stuff around here.
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/new-to-whyweprotest.79618/
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dragononymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. xenubarb Member

I did a skype interview with them last night. I insulted 14 year olds, old hippies and the Occupy movement. Should be interesting to see what they leave in.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dragononymous Member

So you were actually sober?
  19. xamarl Member

I for one do not support the Occupy movement, instead of spending their time complaining they have no money or not enough why cant they just work on making more money?

Seems a tad pointless to me.
  20. Anonymous Member

The system of "just work for stuff" just fucks over the workers, not to mention the lack of jobs (though no lack of work to be done).
  21. hushpuppy Member

Let's keep OWS discussion out of the Production Studio.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. JohnnyRUClear Member

FUCKING PAYCHECKS
    HOW DO THEY WORK???

...sorry, I'll STFU again now.

BTW, when does Anon can haz members?
  23. Enturbulette Member

Futureradical:

Here is some food for thought for you from old Robin Hood movies.

Little John: You know somethin', Robin. I was just wonderin', are we good guys or bad guys? You know, I mean, uh? Our robbin' the rich to feed the poor.

- Robin Hood, 1973

``````````````````````````````

Sheriff of Nottingham: Wait a minute. Robin Hood steals money from my pocket, forcing me to hurt the public, and they love him for it?
    [Scribe nods]
    Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

- Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

Sheriff of Nottingham: Locksley. I'll cut your heart out with a spoon.
    Robin Hood: Then it begins.

- Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

``````````````````````````````````````````

Friar Tuck: I keep the bees, and the bees keep me.

- Robin Hood, 2010

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Djaq: There are five of us and a hundred of them!
    Robin: Once a few determined Spartans held a pass against a vast Persian army.
    Will: Really?
    Robin: Strategy.
    Will: And they lived?
    Robin: ...No. But they did well.
    Much: I hate that story too.

- Robin Hood, A Good Day To Die
    • Like Like x 1
  24. xenubarb Member

Oh hell naw! Where'd you get that silly idea?
  25. Dragononymous Member

you did something to start with
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

Due to copyright reasons this video program is available for download by people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.
  28. Zhent Member

Wat

• Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

30. Anonymous Member

cheers, homie
  31. A.O.T.F Member

[IMG]

Ben (Assuming that it is) People are undeniably cautious about the media these days,What with the Sabu,Barrett Brown incidents,and the real fear of "Moles" having infiltrated the hive .. People have adopted a self imposed incommunicado policy purely for their own safety. Thanks but no thanks.

Nice work on Opening Shot by the way.