Customize

Fresh DOX: Police calls to the Narconon in Fort Collins, Colorado

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 31, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Fresh DOX: Police calls to the Narconon in Fort Collins, Colorado — unedited and unread!

By Tony Ortega, July 31, 2015

Recently, members of the Underground Bunker community helped our friend and researcher extraordinaire R.M. Seibert get her hands on some documents regarding a Narconon facility in Fort Collins, Colorado.

The facility, which cleverly calls itself “A Life Worth Living” so it doesn’t carry the (tainted) Narconon brand, is one of many that is being sued by attorney Ryan Hamilton for operating in a deceptive manner.

Seibert thought it might be worth making a request for records of all police calls to the facility in the last few years. She found out that in order to fulfill that request, the Fort Collins police wanted a pretty hefty fee. But thanks to your generosity, that money was raised quickly, and the documents were then delivered.

We have them now, and we thought since you paid for them, you ought to get first crack at them. Here they are, in full, and we have not gone through to see what treasures are contained inside. We want you to tell us that! Have at it.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/31/fr...in-fort-collins-colorado-unedited-and-unread/
    • Like Like x 7
  2. RightOn Member

one of the reports states a "patient" was suicidal and complaining about the people at the center telling him crazy things like "birds fly, birds fly"
    hmmmm sounds awful dang familiar! TR's anyone?
    Yep! NOTHING to do with Scientology :confused:
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Jeff Jacobsen Member

EVERY Scientology address should get this treatment. Call the local police and ask how to get reports of any police calls to the Co$ address within a certain time range. You should get something like this, like I got for the Ft. Harrison Hotel (2009-2014). We should then collect all these onto one site.
    http://www.lisamcpherson.org/210 S FORT HARRISON AVE.pdf
    • Like Like x 9
  4. BigBeard Member

There's an on going project over at Reaching for the Tipping Point to collect the police call reports for all U.S. narCONons. I believe they are still tracking down which PD is actually responsible for each NN, and it's not as straight forward as you'd think.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 6
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology drug rehab policy: Get the sexual assaulter out of state before police arrive

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, November 22, 2015

In the many lawsuits filed against Scientology’s drug rehab network Narconon in recent years, the allegation is often made that the facilities are not as safe as advertised. Not only have sexual assaults been reported, but some lawsuits have alleged that Narconon staff — who are often just recent “graduates” of the program themselves — offer drugs for sex in the supposedly drug-free facilities.

Way back in 1991, when Scientology was trying to get its new flagship operation going in Chilocco, Oklahoma (later moved to another part of the state and renamed Narconon Arrowhead, pictured above), the state’s Board of Mental Health could see the danger of recent graduates being hired right after they themselves were drying out, and then giving each other unsupervised “touch assists,” which essentially amounted to faith healing in the form of massage.

The practice of touch assists between male and female patients who are recovering drug addicts or alcoholics in private rooms renders the program unsafe in this respect.

The Oklahoma Board of Mental Health also noted that the idea of “detoxifying” by sitting in a sauna five hours a day for a month was completely bogus and unscientific, but that hasn’t kept lazy governments from allowing the quack Narconon method to operate pretty much unregulated around the country.

Anyway, the folks who keep a close watch on Narconon — at NarcononReviews and ReachingfortheTippingPoint — have documented voluminous examples of sexual assaults that have been reported at Narconons over the years. And we wanted to tell you about just one of the more recent ones for what it reveals about Narconon and its policies regarding crimes committed in their centers.

We’ve told you that friend to the Underground Bunker and researcher R.M. Seibert has been making requests for records of police calls to various Narconons around the country. As part of a records release Seibert pried out of the Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Office, where Narconon Arrowhead is located in Oklahoma, she noticed a 2011 record which said that the father of a 47-year-old man wanted to report his own son for assaulting an 18-year-old woman at the rehab center. The father was turning in his own son, the brief record said, because Narconon itself refused to report the crime. Wow.

Seibert followed up with another request — was there more information about that incident?

Her persistence paid off. Not only did the Sheriff’s Office dig up the more complete record of what they learned in 2011, but they also made a call this month to follow up on finding the perpetrator — and they got a surprise. Here, take a look at the report Seibert recently received (we’ve removed the name of the victim):

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/22/sc...-assaulter-out-of-state-before-police-arrive/
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Intelligence Member

I've been laid up and away with some health issues but ok now and back on the front lines ASAP.

In Vancouver right now and did a few evenings down at the Org - Video and Pics and hidden camera.

RE: 'Touch Assists between male and female.....' -- In Canada, there is no Statutes of Limitations for
    sexual assaults, and I'm on my home turf now where some NN TR victims live. We will be meeting in due
    course. Already in Contact with BC Human Rights Commission and Lawyer.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3

7. http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/

[IMG]
  8. AnonLover Member

I would like to thank, applaud and give major props to the Pittsburg County Sheriff's Office for not only disclosing these additional Narconon Arrowhead records that were originally withheld (twice), but also for attempting to followup on the cold case.

There has been many harsh words said about elected Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns. And rightfully so, since he has made comments to the media that seemingly sided with Narconon. Which is all the more reason for his employees to avoid making waves when it comes to releasing dirt from their office on Narconon that makes the cops look bad.

But somebody who processes the record requests, and somebody else who reviews and approves what they process (which may or may not be the Sheriff himself) opted to err on the side of transparency and do what they could to make this fuck up from the past right. The case status on the sexual assault was still listed as "open" when they printed out the incident report for me. That alone justified them not releasing it (open investigations are supposedly off limits) if they had been of a mindset to keep on hiding this.

So while I might not think too highly of Sheriff Kerns due to things he said/did in the past, I want to make it known that I have a new found respect for the people working under him. Somebody did the right thing here, probably more than one somebody. And whoever those somebodies are, THANK YOU. Thank you for your transparency, thank you for your due diligence, and thank you for doing the "protect and serve" thing even when it's not an ideal situation. /SALUTE
    • Like Like x 4