Customize

Freewinds sealed and blue asbestos confirmed

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Oinkertron9000, Apr 29, 2008.

1. anonEmouser Member

Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

poor widdle Davy lost his toy boat! Looks like their pretend navy is now GROUNDED.

Of all the fucksticks this could happen to, it couldn't have to a finer person...

So much for the GRAND RELAUNCH now, eh?

:rofl:
  2. MollyBloom Member

3. voiceless849 Member

How about it, Tory Magoo? Jasen Beghe, are you are listening?

Would you consider suing Scientology over the blue asbestos? Do you know if you can sue for knowingly being put at risk? If so, here's a clear case, with real evidence, low hanging fruit, ready for the picking!

Although I can remember handling asbestos (occasionally with my bare hands!) it would be very difficult to document independently. I'd have to find either hard evidence, or a half dozen other Ex-RPFers who'd be willing to make a claim.
  4. nymph Member

Abestos killing unsuspecting people with cancer - not funny
    Knowing that it costs money to repair Freewinds- funny
    Knowing DM spent alot of time on said ship - funny
    Knowing that the sea org is offically land locked- hilarious

Nothing is more funny then a grounded pirate
  5. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

Scrap it and make tens of thousands cast iron thetans and xenus out of it.
  6. A.Non Hubbard Member

GET GRAHAM BERRY ON THE PHONE NAO.
  7. noitulover Member

I thought of a few things

wouldn't it be nice if we had a list of past and present OTs that were on the Freewinds -- surely such a list exists somewhere -- then we could find addresses (nice if the list came with them), and take it upon ourselves to write/email/phone these people

we need an Anon info pack on the Freewinds -
    then we could email/snail mail them all some info

we could dovetail into the Postcards from Paradise campaign and put that information on the postcards to warn the folks in the SP hall

picket signs, as always

continued posting of this information on ARS
  8. Nocturnal Member

If DM gets cancer from this, does that mean his OT powers aren't working? Or just that he chose to "drop the body" to avoid all the entheta happening right now?
  9. voiceless849 Member

So far, none. :roll:

My guess is that if I wanted to sue over this, it would still be quite difficult. I'd have to prove:

1) that it happened, (all I have is my word, at this point)
    2) that it was knowingly handled improperly, (maybe not required?)
    3) that I was hurt. (maybe this isn't required?)
    4) My name. (Fair game, anybody?)

Can anybody with a legal background provide an opinion on this?
  10. Anon2323 Member

DM's easiest escape route out of the US, cut off. MASSIVE WIN!!!
  11. anon1957 Member

You might want to sit down and write this out in as much detail as you can possibly remember and put it away for safekeeping. If a class action lawsuit were to get underway (and it really really should) then it might be important corroborating testimony showing a pattern of crininal deceit and willful endangerment.

I hope that you see a DR and explain this to him/her, you should be monitored very carefully for the rest of your life.
  12. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

Ummm...Press Release from Anonymous maybe? Open letter to all scientologists or other people who have ever been on the Freewinds?...consider it a potential health alert imploring all who have been on the ship to seek medical attention immediately...(and also include the Lawrence Woodcraft Affidavit from 2001; now the information in it is shown to be confirmed)

It would be a good deed for Anonymous to do, both for the potential victims, and for the good PR for Anon (whether any scientologists actually listen to the advice or not)
  13. lermanet_com Member

Mesothelioma Web

Mesothelioma is mainly caused by breathing in asbestos. The microscopic
    needles are breathed into the lungs

Wall Street Journal March 5th 2001:

"Like the ubiquitous mineral itself-once prized for its fire-retardant and insulating
    qualities-asbestos lawsuits are proving to be ineradicable...... Over
    the years, companies that used asbestos in everything from drywall joint
    compound to brake linings have paid roughly $20 billion in damages and
    court costs in case of people exposed to the mineral. A generation ago,
    some expers predicted that asbestos suits would be tailing off by now.
    But the pace is only picking up....."

Scientology Death Ship the Freewinds SEALED due to ASBESTOS
  14. Anonyneko Member

Sink the sheep!
  15. A.Non Hubbard Member

16. lermanet_com Member

Yes, this link and story needs to be told to all scientologists who are still left...
  17. D... Member

Ahaaa, their cool toy has been confiscated by big brother.

This year is shit for you, isn't it DM?
  18. Anne Ominous Member

QF-MOTHERFUCKIN-T!!!

EDIT: What about the super-rich $cilon from Oz - James Packer is it??

If he's been on that fleabag piece of shit, he could present a lawsuit to Co$ with a $5.7 billion dollar clout behind it...
  19. DontMindMe Member

Wow. Just wow. Leave it to Scientology to own a literal failboat. Truly, they are God's gift to Anonymous.
  20. anon1957 Member

IANAL but I know there are some things you can do. Your word is worth a lot if it is corroborated by other testimony.

RE Asbestos anywhere whether in LA or on the Freewinds: It is the fucking Cult's job to know how to handle shit. Just like it is your job to know the rules of the road when you drive. Saying I didn't know something is illegal is not a defense. Also, Lawrence Woodcraft has stated in a sworn deposition like 10 years ago that he told them, that they knew.

THEY KNEW!

Don't need to prove you were hurt now with asbestos. Read up on it (Arnie has info above). It is a KNOWN killer. Moot point. There are also many other legal precedents about asbestos. Many have sued successfully.

Don't even think of suing as an individual. Wait until a class action lawsuit is launched and then get involved. For now, write down all your memories in as much detail as possible and put it away in a safe place (like a safe deposit box). notarizing it wouldn't be a bad idea, just to confirm the date as to when you wrote it (makes your later memories more credible) Then just keep it safe until such time as the Cult gets sued by thousands of people at the same time. And David Miscavige goes to JAIL.

The Hari Krishnas were brought down by a class action law suit. It can be done...

[Edit] Also, if you haven't already, TALK to your Dr about this ASAP. Once asbestos is "in" your body it does not go away. You should be monitored VERY carefully
  21. Eff Member

Dear David,

freewindsnh3.jpg
  22. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

I did some research into this, when I first found this vid, I was raging, now I am grinning, at least this ship will never be able to dump raw sewerage and poison anyones lungs ever again.

aw diddums daveyboy, did dwarfboy lose his boat?

seems the rumours out of INT about the new voyage being 'delayed' are true.
  23. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

Awwww. look what was supposed to happen next month aboard the Freewinds, I guess no Freewinds CCHR meeting eh? (Click for bigger picture)

cchrmay08av3ga6.th.jpg

HA HA
  24. Jugular Member

So let me get this straight:

Freewinds is required to ascend the bridge. Freewinds is full of a known carcinogen, yet Hubbard doctrine prohbits the types of medicine that would diagnosis and treat cancer?

Do I have this right?

People on the freewinds are exposed to a carcinogen from which they cannot seek treatment?

Really?
  25. felinonymous Member

I sense a tantrum in little Davey's future. Too bad. That CCHR thing sure sounded like a good, expensive time!
  26. subrosa Member

TO: All Sea Org Members
    Subject: Freewinds

In keeping with L Ron Hubbards directives and Keeping Scientology working, The Freewinds' name will be changed to the MESOTHELIOMA from this moment forward.

(Note to OSA--put 'Mesothelioma' in all $cientologists 'net nanny' software, to be distributed as soon as they can afford it).
  27. anon1957 Member

Calling Victoire Flammel, Victoire Flammel!

It's time to hit the rollodex!
  28. A.Non Hubbard Member

29. momISanon Member

I can just see those Mesothelioma lawsuits beginning to boil. Of course, this is not a laughing matter for those suffering from illness, and I will add that to my prayers.
  30. momISanon Member

snap
  31. Anonomaton Member

Oh please don't tell me this fucks up Operation Sea Arrrgh!
    We can still pillage and raid the booty, right? Make the landlubbers walk the plank, etc etc?
  32. andy-nonymous Member

More like the LOLodex, at least today =D

One boat down, one epic Oprah coming up in a couple weeks, public media waking up to these shenanigans... I'm freaking pumped.
  33. momISanon Member

34. MollyBloom Member

Marc Headley said in the Glosslip interview that they use a pool at Gold and have them walk off the diving board...

they used to use the lake there but there were dead things like birds and fish floating in it and it was dirty so they decided that wasn't so good throwing people off a little bridge into the lake.
  35. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

Yes. That and the leaked video of Tom Cruise singing off-key at his birthday party.

Poor Davey, your PR re-launch is fail. This is huge.

artistconmayew1.jpg
    artistconmay1ep5.jpg

This was to happen after the CCHR meeting.

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - New article about abestos on the Freewinds This thread has all of the images about the events and other details.
  36. V-chan Member

I think this adds a little spice to the protest, myself. Look, Ma, they've given us more fuel for the fire! :D

ETA:
    You know, I don't think we should just be looking for Scientologists who were aboard the Freewinds. How many regular folks spoke at/attended conferences on board that thing? I'd sue the shit out of anyone who knowingly exposed me to asbestos.
  37. CathyLong Member

is it wrong to laugh? >_>
  38. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

I think it fits right in to Sea Argh. More information about the "Failwinds"
  39. momISanon Member

Take some blue insulation (fiberglass) with you to the protests. ;)

In fact, there's some made out of blue jeans (safe).
  40. MollyBloom Member

It's never wrong to laugh at David Miscavige...

but we also cry for his victims.