Customize

Freewinds sealed and blue asbestos confirmed

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Oinkertron9000, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Anne Ominous Member

Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

BBC, Tom/Katie fansites and two gossip mags contacted.
  2. Piranon Member

3. xellas420 Member

Quoted, and sigged, for massive justice and truth.

Also, ITT: FAILBOAT FAILS AGAIN! Here's hoping DM ends up with mesothelioma and dies a slow, hacking, and painful death, as he tries endless bouts of useless auditing instead of seeing doctors. Then, on his deathbed, he will finally have to admit that LRH tech can't save ANYONE, and the cult dies with him.
  4. fail Member

LOL^^^
  5. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

I hope they get their backsides sued by staff and passangers (if they have any brain cells left).
  6. TheMockers Member

They'll just audit or something.
  7. exOT8Michael Member

I spent several months on the Freewinds from 1990-93. The ship vibrates a heck of a lot during some docking manoeuvres so I would think asbestos would be regularly shaken loose into the air vents.
    On time, for 3 weeks or even a month we were actually IN dry dock while the ship was being worked on. Scary stuff! The fact that it was KNOWN ABOUT but not dealt with is criminal negligence IMHO.
    The thing about this kind of hazard is that it does not manifest for a even decades...
    Gloooop!:sad:
  8. V-chan Member

I only wish I was that eloquent. :wink: anonymous3347 deserves the credit, not I.

DM is never going to admit to anything. People that far gone into their own puffed up sense of egotistical batshit never do.
  9. Theta Omega Member

CALL AN ASBESTOS LAWYER NOW. NOW. DO IT NOW.

Just one person is all we need to get the ball rolling on this.
  10. A.Non Hubbard Member

I hope the resulting settlement will see you well into retirement. :)
  11. SenatorXenu Member

THIS, get anyone else you know involved too

this sort of thing is a lawyers wet dream
  12. exOT8Michael Member

I would prefer an asbestos-free lawyer.
    :roll:
  13. sudopod Member

Somewhere, a lawyer started fapping...
  14. Dubber Member

Last time Michael sued CoS, he ran out of money. I understand if he wants to sit this one out.
  15. XenuLovesU Member

edit: disregard
  16. Anonvox Member

Honestly though, you need to check in with a doctor about this. Since this sort of thing probably will require regular check-ups, this will probably mean expensive medical bills. Who should be footing those bills?

You? No. Just as when one sees a >:3, one must get in the car, when one knows they are being exposed to asbestos they GTFO the Failboat. You were lied to, why should you have to suffer for that?

The Cult of $candal should be the one who should pay for this. They should have to pay for putting you in danger.

And you shouldn't have to worry about footing the medical bills in case you get cancer.

Edit:...but if you aren't so sure of a victory...I can understand why you won't sue. I'll just drink a toast to your health instead.
  17. exOT8Michael Member

I know that Ken Dandar of Tampa, Florida (the lawyer against Scn in the Lisa McPherson case) might be an option if things develop towards asbestos lawsuits against Freewinds etc.
  18. SenatorXenu Member

A class action suit could draw a massive amount of media attention, maybe dateline needs to be informed
  19. GF_Squirrely Member

does anyone else find it funny that the ship was named freewinds??? since when was anything about $cientology free???
  20. Theta Omega Member

Asbestos cases are generally open-and-shut affairs, and what's more, most lawyers will take them pro bono since it's so likely they'll win. All they have to do is prove that asbestos was present, and it looks like that's easy. It's on the plans and there are signed affidavits from a registered architect testifying that the handling procedures were below the standard required. You will win.
  21. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

I can only imagine how much worse it would be for someone who uses an inhaler..
    The inhaler opens up parts of your lungs that you can't open on your own, then eventually they slowly go back to the asthmatic condition. The man definitely needs to see a doctor.
    I am sure his doc ain't looking for that, since DM is asthmatic.
  22. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

I'd understand too. Lawsuit or not, though, I wish Michael well, and hope that he's asbestos-free.
  23. subgenius Member

Lawyers will take these cases on a contingency-fee (only get paid if there's a recovery) basis. No up front costs to client.
  24. Anonymimity Member

Is DM an OT? Technically he shouldn't even HAVE asthma anymore if he got rid of all his thetans or whatever the shit.

FOOTBULLETS. IT'S RAINING THEM.
  25. Anon Y. Mouse Member

Freewinds situation is just another Dong up DM's ahole.
  26. Amnon Nhymous Member

Stress test is.
    The hook is free, but once you're caught...

Anyway, it was a nice boat.
  27. Harbinger Member

In b4 Nice Boat meme.
  28. Anonymimity Member

If by 'nice' you mean 'asbestos-ridden screaming metal deathtrap.'

Then I'd be inclined to agree. :fuckyou:
  29. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

With all the recommendations that you talk to a lawyer, I'm going to point out that it's much more important that you are getting the proper medical attention. Make sure your doctor knows you've been exposed to asbestos.

I'm no doctor, but I know that cancer is most treatable when it's caught early. I don't think there is anything medicine can do at this point to remove the fibers that are surely in your lungs, but if the doctor know to be watching for it, they might be able to detect any problems early.

The most important thing is to make sure you're getting the best medical attention possible. The second most important thing is to make sure that Scientology has to pay for said medical attention.
  30. Amnon Nhymous Member

Yep.

It's quite smart to get your cancer during $$$$ cruise in such a nice boat.
    So many caught it at work, in dirty old plants...

Too bad the nice boat is now off.
    Good bye, nice boat.

We'll forget you.

:smile:
  31. Anonabliss Member

I think you have to actually have the cancer or some condition to actually sue. I don't think being exposed will be enough. So, if that's the case, i hope no one is in a positionto sue.
  32. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

If a class-action lawsuit is filed because of this, we would be witnessing the battle of the titans.

Conventional wisdom tells us the cult has lots of money and lawyers and loves to litigate. Guess who else this applies to? Trial Lawyers!

Asbestos related lawsuits are HUGE business right now. Part of the reason for large pay-outs is that when research determined that asbestos caused lung cancer, some companies were slow to phase it out. This negligence is what these trials hinge on.

If a law firm thinks they have a sound case, and they think the cult has a lot of money, you better believe they'll go after it. That's what they do - they're professionals at this. They're used to suing companies and governments who have large resources and try to shift the blame elsewhere. So don't think for a second the cult will be immune from this.

It will sure be fun to watch it happen though!!
  33. Ten Tigers Member

$cientology has chummed the waters and HERE COME THE SHARKS!!!! w00t!!!!
  34. Re: Freewinds sealed and blue abestos confirmed

QFT. This is the worst possible news for C0$, because there's no he-said she-said. The ship's plans prove asbestos during construction. Freewinds architect Woodcraft (Astra's father) proves asbestos since 1987. Curacao authorities prove asbestos right now.

Every time Freewinds was remodeled in the past, asbestos came up. C0$ likely greased a few palms each time to make it go away.

If I were a rich enemy of C0$ (Spielberg, Murdoch...) THIS is the time I would have out-greased C0$.
  35. Anne Ominous Member

Can we list asbestos case-loving lawyers or their firms here now??

It could be very rewarding for us to contact them directly and ask what chance a case against the Co$ would have.
  36. exOT8Michael Member

LOL
    We OG call it now "Flatulence" as it farts asbestos fibers...
  37. pooks Member

Fan mail from some flounder.

To:
    Subject:
    Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008

Dear Scientologist,

As you know the Freewinds is currently delivering at Flag while the Ship is undergoing renovations for the future release of OT IX and X. We have been delivering the OT Debug service to many Scientologists to help them improve their life and help them to speed their progress up the Bridge, and any other areas they may be stalled or not moving in. I have a rave success story I wanted to share with you as I want you to experience wins similar to this.

Please read the success story and then answer the following questions:

Your Name:

Are you interested in experiencing wins similar to the ones below?
    Do you need any help in your life - whether to increase your Bridge progress, study or in general?

Would you like to find out about the OT Debug service?

Is there anything else you would like to communicate?

Please write me back and let me know your answers and how you liked this success!

ML, XXXXX

OT Debug Success Story:

"I arrived for the OT Debug service as I knew that I needed help and I had to change something in my life. I had been stalled on the Bridge for 18 years. So I started the OT Debug service with the Freewinds at Flag and my life started to change. I had many wins with all the actions I did on the OT Debug but the one that stands out the most is when I was doing my Conditions and Exchange by Dynamics. I went through all of the dynamics and fully cleared each one up, and when I got to the 8th dynamic I fully cognited and realized the importance of its relationship with the other dynamics. I had never gotten that before. I was totally blown out. It completely changed my viewpoint across my dynamics.
    While doing the OT Debug, my whole life turned around 180 degrees. Everything was just a whole new viewpoint and I actually got to square one as a being.

After finishing the OT Debug I started and completed all my OT level preps in just 2 1/2 intensives! The OT Debug totally changed my life. I have been in Scientology for 36 years and I had never gotten wins like what I got out of the OT Debug. If you are having any problems with your Bridge speed or your progress then you too need to do the OT Debug!" - T.S.
  38. Ten Tigers Member

Well after all the rice and beans... :fuckyou:
  39. Skeptic1337 Member

Actually no exposure is good enough for a class action suit to begin specially if you can show it was priorly known and not corrected.

This is how you set up medical funds (like the SAGs going after big tobacco). If you spent any time on the boat (working taking classes) who ever you are you should start exploring what options you have.

You and your family should not need to bankrupt yourselves trying to pay medical bills due to the CoS.

Those that have already died because of this their families should also look to see what can be done.
  40. fail Member