Customize

Freedom Mag DA videos/articles on Paul Haggis, New Yorker

Discussion in 'Media' started by tikk, Aug 29, 2011.

1. hi-sox Member

I LOLed at videos when they called Wright a, "Hack writer" and said "The article droned on...". Pot, kettle, etc.

And saying of Haggis in Haiti: "He's been on the prowl for a photo-op with orphans." I don't even need to say anything.

Those videos are so poorly done and slapped together in a hurry, I wouldn't be surprised to hear DM had his try at the editing table. I would bet he wrote the narration. And who's idea was it to back nearly every statement with old-timey black and white slap-stick footage?

And lastly, in a desperate attempt to find a picture of Beghe you take his facebook pic... and shoop out the cigarette. Why? Because it made him look cool? facepalm.jpg

beghe.jpg

scnvideo.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Anonymous Member

^ Marc Headley looks like the freakin' Terminator in that photo. So awesome!
    • Like Like x 6
  3. tikk Member

Wow, nice catch. I think you're exactly right--he looked too cool there.

And yeah, I too went slackjawed when they characterized him helping the VMs as a 'photo op with orphans.' The lack of self-awareness is, as ever, staggering.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Sponge Member

Uploaded:

Playlist link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBE81D0DBC5231DEF

Footbullet Magazine video #1 on Lawrence Wright
    (from about 2:52 to 9:48 it is all just scientology brochure).

Footbullet Magazine video #2 on Paul Haggis

Footbullet Magazine video #3 on The New Yorker magazine

Lets see how long they last on YouTube.

MOD NOTE: Added to OP. Thanks Sponge.
    • Like Like x 14
  5. Nice work, Sponge!
  6. moarxenu Member

looming-tower.jpg

[IMG]

00035215.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  7. CarltonBANKS Member

scnvideo.jpg

Oh wow, this is adorable. Great to see them fail so badly at vilifying Clare Headley. They made the others black and white grayscale, but tinted her top green. wwwwhy? (some artistic attempt to try and make her look bad. was the problem that she looked too angelic?) looks like they also pixellated her face.

So, this is Claire Headley, the girl with the boxes on the table, in the centre of the photograph:
    claire-headley-freedom-mag-greenfields-school.png
  8. DeathHamster Member

Heh. They crow about their publishing center twice.
  9. Miranda Member

Lol narration sounds like Dr. Evil.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. DeathHamster Member

I'm sure that Davie was right there telling him exactly how to say it. It's his presentation style to a T.
  11. Miranda Member

Yeah. It almost sounds like him--speaking to a metronome, and within a very prescribed pitch range. Imitating TV announcers. Why would anyone WANT to sound like that? Why... whyyy....???11
    • Like Like x 1
  12. hi-sox Member

OMG, Tabloid of Record vid 3:18, "The New Yorker gives the church just one week to respond."

Same vid 7:22: "The church spends more than 9000 hours* checking facts."

9000 hours / 7 = 1285 hours a day

The church would have needed 54 fact-checkers working 24 hours a day no breaks for that week. Or if we make it semi-realistic and say they worked 12 hour days, that means there were over 100 people doing fact checking.

-

*Muffled laughter. Did they just say "over 9000"? I feel like I got rickrolled when I heard that.
    • Like Like x 10
  13. Anonymous Member

I have a good question for you, my friends.

In that first video at around 2:00, how did they get a pic of Marty meeting with Lawrence Wright? Hmm, stalking much?
    Do they really get how creepy that looks? And the implication, they were "gooood buddies", lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. moarxenu Member

This thing has the potential to become BATTLEFIELD HOLLYWOOD.

It is one thing to troll Anderson Cooper at CNN in Hollywood, and quite another to defame an Oscar-winning director and his Pulitzer-prize-winning director. I hope all those faggots that sucked Cruise's cawk at the Simon Wiesenthal Center in May start getting a clue. *imma lookin at u steve spielberg*

This looks like the perfect opportunity for the good guy movie stars start coming out of the closet and telling the cult to fuck GTFO. Then celebs will have to start choosing up sides.

Can't wait for the tabs on this. Check out tikk's comment at VV:

It's as if David MIscavige has morphed fully into Howard Hughes and is dictating expensive choices that even his most indoctrinated henchmen (but who's left?) likely can't help wondering at. Rarely have sanity and production values coexisted in greater inverse proportion.

I wonder about possible blowback within their celeb/acting community if they were to come across this. The vast majority of them are in the same boat as Beghe so far their personal degree of celebrity is concerned (the Haggis video sarcastically rips Beghe as a D-lister bit player, which would accurately describe many marginal Scientologist actors). So they might instead wind up empathizing with Beghe, despite his SP status, bothered by how easily Scientology attacked him in his professional capacity. Celebs are cloistered from this kind of sordidness, but Beghe is still 'one of them'--it shouldn't be difficult for lower-end celebs to now visualize how a disagreement with Scientology might just result in their being defamed in future New Yorker parodies.

And Haggis... Haggis is still a significant player, someone intricately involved in *hiring* actors. And not all Scientologist actors have the luxury of deciding which big name directors they'll preemptively boycott. "Crash" is the *worst* Best Picture Oscar winner? Maybe so but that's still a club Scientology would sorely like to be in (and it's probably not difficult to find evidence of them glomming credit for it back when it won). After all, the only mainstream movie Scientology is publicly associated with--Batttlefield Earth--is widely considered the worst movie in the History of Ever. Given that reality, it takes iron, heavily indoctrinated balls to split hairs over Oscar winner Crash's unofficial ranking in the Best Picture club.

Hollywood is famously tolerant of all manner of weirdness, including Scientology, but Scientology has--until now--politely reciprocated by treading lightly within Hollywood. This new project upsets that equilibrium by attacking Hollywood as an institution. Perhaps those who live and work in both communities will realize that a conflict exists when their supposed religion is comfortable attacking actors and directors 'where they work.'
    • Like Like x 7
  15. hi-sox Member

^^^^ But really, tikk deserves about 3/4's 7/8ths of that "like".
    • Like Like x 2
  16. AnonLover Member

Valence. When your stripped of basic personality factors that make one human... you cant help but pickup somebody else's persona when its part of the programming.
  17. Miranda Member

And profound, micromanaging ignorance. The fact that David Miscavige always knows best but never went to college graduated high school ensures never-ending hilarity of the wincing, "ouch" variety.
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Anonymous Member

My subconscious now reviles all these apostates. But I don't.

Was the monotonic droning voice supposed to lull my conscious brain to sleep so that my unconscious mind would believe that Scientology's victims are bad people?
    Is this one method of Scientology brainwashing?

The sci-fi classic Dune by Frank Herbert describes a special way of using your voice that can make people believe and do almost anything you want them to.
    Did Herbert rip this idea off of Hubbard?

19. Ersatz Global Moderator

I don't think that is her body. Looks like they cut her head from another picture and pasted it on another body. Or else she needs to see someone about that neck.
    • Like Like x 5
  20. DeathHamster Member

Fuck no!
  21. Nancy Beazley Member

I thought I wanted to see the videos (thanks, Sponge), but could only bear 3 minutes of the first one. Not doing that again.

Somebody send me my fucking card!
  22. tikk Member

Heh, thanks. I'll see if Moar and I can't agree on a conversion rate and he paypals me whatever Likes his post works out to.
    • Like Like x 8
  23. moarxenu Member

that would be cultpwner@paypal.com I assume?
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Sounds like it was written by Andy Lenarcic/Dan Sherman-"not by a long shot".
  25. Miranda Member

Much more likely the reverse.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. CarltonBANKS Member

scnvideo.jpg

It's hard to think of Marc Headley as anything other than a teddy bear, after watching his testimonial

• Like Like x 3
  27. CarltonBANKS Member

claire-headley-freedom-mag-greenfields-school.png

^ Claire Headley

Context: This is Scientology Indocrintation centre for kids, Greenfields School. IIRC, Claire went straight from this place to Int

FAO bored graphic design people

/r/ so, is anyone here good wif computers? Can you put ickle Claire on a red background (like the inset Freedumb magazine version) to see if she looks sinister?

/r/ can anyone find the original photo of adult Claire, with the Google TShirt, before it was altered. (just curious to see how they've manipulated it)

/r/ Get a black and white photo of David Miscavige and put on a red background. (basically use the same graphic design skillz as Freedumb magazine)
  28. Anonymous Member

Boy that is a lousy shoop.

Ad even shooped, it is really hard to make Claire Headley a truly sweet and really nice looking woman look bad.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. the anti Member

i like how they are calling marty a cult leader the whole time. i thought they believe in freedom of religion
  30. DeathHamster Member

I guess they don't think on how calling Independent Scientology a cult will reflect back on the Church of ScientologyTM

Outsiders are going to think "Okay... what's the difference?"
  31. moarxenu Member

The only thing I can say is:

Your methods, hypocrisy, and the artlessness of your organization has sounded its death knell.
    • Like Like x 4
  32. adhocrat Member

as I said years ago, got in for the great justice, stuck around for the schadenfreude and lulz,.

And CoS is doing a great job with satisfying my desires here.
    • Like Like x 5
  33. Sonichu Moderator

I kinda did it in reverse... but I still love the lulz all the time... This is just. too much.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Listen very carefully on tape 7 where Tommy admits that those who were "thrown in jail for breaking the law" from the Guardian's Office can be OT 8s and OT Committee Chairpeople.

But doesn't the church tell everyone that these people were expelled and were bad and got the church in trouble, yet they can be OT 8? Tsk tsk Tommy I sense another footbullet here...

Of course, factually, virtually all those folks were let back in and allowed to go up the Bridge. Probably having access to much more than our sorry little OSA friends fighting it out in the comment threads.
    So perhaps we should point this out to them? Hehehehe....
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Sponge Member

36. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. CarltonBANKS Member

At the risk of sounding stupid, cos I'm kind of high right now, is DMiscavige losing the plot - like just showing signs of going mental?

not sure what shadenfruede means - that's like German, isn't it ?
  38. Anonymous Member

shadenfruede
    pleasure in another person's misfortune
  39. CarltonBANKS Member

Well, that has been the whole point of Chanology, amirite?

i urge people who are just lurking, feeling a bit bored/apathetic, just skimming this thread.... to watch the three vids ==> I mean, wow. very sloppy.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Random guy Member

Oh yeah!