Customize

Freedom in Farsi

Discussion in 'Translations' started by Unregistered, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I would like to know how do you write Freedom in farsi, in fact I tried many web translators and my translations are always different...
    Thanks a lot
  2. آزادی
    'Freedom'

صلح
    'Peace'
  3. thanks a lot,
    I was not sure it was that because when I try to translate, it gives me 5 words :
    ازادي ، استقلا ل ، معافيت ، اساني ، رواني
    Do you know why?
  4. I was thinking about writing "Azadi" in big green letters on the wall of my living room, thinking it means "freedom". But I am not even sure about that... And I don't know the spelling.

Is this the Farsi spelling for "Azadi" ?

آزادی

Any help is welcome...
  5. i actually don't know what any of those mean, but i did an image search for each to see if any related images might provide a clue. got mostly soccer stadiums and sports teams.

i know of an "Azadi Square" and wikipedia'd it, came across Azadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia & آزادی - Wiktionary
  6. Nice one.. Now all I need is some calligraphy work..
  7. TruePersian Super Moderator

Do answer the questions...
    yes Freedom is AZADI or
    ازادي

The reason translator brings so many words, is because the Persian language is the oldest used language to date... Therefore we have MANY words that connect with different meanings, emotions, etc.

AZADI is most common word used for freedom
    The others like Esteghlal would work, - the reason it shows soccer stadiums and matches on google is because a Iranian team is named Esteghlal

Note - the Azadi Square / Tower = freedom square / tower

Hope that clears it up
  8. tatoo

I want to get a tattoo of the phrase, "Where are you, freedom?" inspired by the song azadi by mansour. I could not find the lyrics for the song online. Could anyone translate the phrase to farsi? Thank you!
  9. iraniam Member

Tattoo

If you go to translate.google.com you can find it.
  10. Farsi is not listed :(
  11. iraniam Member

12. to get to the point yes awzawdee is freedom, and yes that is the correct spelling. i'm a farsi linguist
  13. Sitwat in farsi

can anyone please tell me it's spelling in persian, i'd really appreciate it!
    thx,
  14. iraniam Member

Yes....Thats the word for freedom.