Customize

Four Winds Ranch - dumping ground for FAILED scientology kids

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by OTBT, Mar 23, 2010.

1. xenubarb Member

Re: Four Winds Ranch - dumping ground for FAILED scientology kids

THE WOO....IT BURRRRRNZZZZ!!!
  2. DeathHamster Member

3. Anonymous Member

Maybe LostAngel has something to contribute to the thread on Child Abuse in Scientology, a term used very widely.
  4. PodPeople Member

Lost Angel: I'm an Ex and I'll grant you belief in what you say. A lot of Sci's in my experience were "good hearted" people. And I also did a lot of research by trial and error into alternative medicine simply because I was in a business where I couldn't afford to be sick. Primary physicians under insurance companies just didn't have time to keep up with science, must less spend more than a few minutes with patients.

Finding the truth whether in sci or medicine these days is truly a proverbial needle in a haystack kind of search. I completely understand that you may have seen something that appeared a cure of autism in a single case. I can assure you that either the autism diagnose was incorrect, or the cure was long term incorrect, and this is due to science, not opinion. And the NAET stuff has been long rejected.

I won't attack you in what you believed to be the truth; I'm just saying that there is a such an enormous amount of information that you have to sift through that it's understandable and it is far from easy, much less comfortable.

My only suggestion is to keep on researching and come to your own conclusions.
    The entire reason for this forum is simply because too many people have been harmed in every way imaginable and there is a sincere motivation to end the crimes and abuses, intentional or not. Thanks for posting here.
  5. OTBT Member

I agree ^ ^ ^

LostAngel, I don't think you are a troll, and I think you do believe NAET helps.

PodPeople gives good advice. Also, try reading this thread:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...tologists-medication-matter-life-death-35515/
  6. Anonymous Member

You see lostangel's posts as evidence for child abuse?
  7. LostAngel Member

I am sorry if what I have said has exasperated you or has made you feel intolerable. However, I know what I witnessed and I know that this kid in particular no longer has autism. I think that sometimes what works for one person may not work on everybody. It is sort of like kemotherapy. It doesn't work for all patients but there a hand full who do get the full results from it. I am not claiming to be a medical professional by any means but I do know that NAET worked for this kid.
  8. LostAngel Member

Child abuse was very frequent in what I experienced for the first 14 years of my life. Give me time and I will post my experiences.
  9. Anonymous Member

I'm so sorry.
  10. anonakatie Member

Lost angel,

Glad you posted. Hope you feel up to posting your experiences eventually.

Sometimes folks here can be tough because there is a natural suspicion of noobs. But it's not personal, so don't take anything to heart.

One thing that is nice here is that you rise and fall on the strength of your posts. The virtue of all being "anons". No one is judged on anything else and nothing else matters. So welcome, glad you're out, and have fun in the real world now.

If you want to get more involved, check out more of the links here on things you can get involved in.
  11. LostAngel Member

all good. You don't know what I have been through and I completely
    understand the skepticism.
  12. LostAngel Member

Thanks Anonakatie! I will be posting more as I get the opportunity. Thanks for your feedback :)
  13. Re: Four Winds Ranch - dumping ground for FAILED scientology kids

I have few questions if you have time to answer.

1. What age were you when you went to Larry's House?

2. What was daily life like? (schedule wise... i got up, i ate, i went to group, i had this class, etc).

3. You claim Scientology was not forced and that it was always a choice. Estimating, what percentage of those you were there with do you feel developed an interest in Scientology or started practicing?

4. What, in your mind, would constitute pushing Scientology? What do you feel is the thin line between persuasion and force?
  14. Keyumdi Member

How much does it cost to cure autism at Four Winds?

This is the shit I'm the most interested in with regards to this cult — how they take advantage of the mentally ill and the families of them, thus reinforcing the stigmatization that people go through when they seek out psychiatric help for their illness. It's so fifties.
  15. Re: Four Winds Ranch - dumping ground for FAILED scientology kids

It's hardly unique to Scientology. Places like this exist of every kool aid flavor. It works because they offer hope to parents no ethical doctor would ever dare provide.
  16. Keyumdi Member

Yeah, I lived on St. John's Wort, Sam-e, and melatonin for years, trying to regulate my chemistry. Didn't work.

Scientology has an awful lot of money to promote its alternative medicine, tho.
  17. Re: Four Winds Ranch - dumping ground for FAILED scientology kids

Man, I just read this whole thread and am shocked that none of you mentioned this (from Wikipedia):

The NAET certification he has is not legal to use in Texas since it comes from that school.

I noticed an anon had contacted some sort of authority in Texas, what's the outcome on this?
  18. Keyumdi Member

I don't consider Wikipedia an authority. I consider it a diving board.
    http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/apps/ConsumerInfo/NoTX.cfm

University of Health Sciences Antigua
    Antigua
    Disapproved by the California Medical Board for licensure or training on 7/28/98. Disapproved by the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana as of 12/05/2002

Ah, I think I have a new baby. I just made a Four Winds Ranch folder.
  19. Keyumdi Member

20. Keyumdi Member

21. AnonKat Member

22. Keyumdi Member

The place in Oklahoma is a 12-step not associated with scientology.

Is the other place even still around? How old is that brochure?
  23. DeathHamster Member

The thefourwindsranch.com domain is dead dead. The domain registration died end of 2013, and the IP vanished in Sept.