Customize

Former employees attack wikileaks founder

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by timid sparrow, Dec 10, 2010.

1. timid sparrow Member

Former employees attack wikileaks founder

Anger at 'slave trader' Assange: WikiLeaks loyalists decide to break away

To me looks like bawing that Domscheit-Berg (yes, that does mean dumb shit) couldn't water down what Assange was doing.

and yes, Assange may not be a good and democratic manager.

Personally, I feeling tinfoily, looks like

-someone is either reducing effective leaks

-smear campaign on Assange character

-An out for the US Government to say, "hey, we don't mind leaks, we support the non dangerous (to us criminals) leaks, Wikileaks is the baddy!" and use that to gain sympathy for their legislation to stop freedom of speech and information.

Further links on this here WikiLeaks set to have a rival - Openl... - Google News

Don't care about Assanges personality, care about net freedom
  2. Ackerland Member

Re: Former employees attack wikileaks founder

I can understand their frustration. While the attacks on Mr. Assange and Wikileaks by the US government in the last day were reprehensible, there is no question that Mr. Assange is quite an attention whore.
    I would have thought anon would have been more able to appreciate the criticism that is leveled against him in this respect.
  3. Random guy Member

Per now online leaking suffer under having a central structure that can be targeted. By splitting up the field into several smaller groups that leak documents in different ways, they make it much harder to take out "online anonymous leaking". More people starting up new groups is a good thing.
  4. Anonymous Member

OpenLeaks is a good thing. The more leak places, the better!

They have stopped accepting submissions; too much emphasis on war stuff, they are trolling the US Govt, which is understandable.
  5. timid sparrow Member

Assange himself agrees, the more places to leak the better.

Attention whore, meh, so what, he's taking the bad with the good. don't mind attention whores as long as I like what they're doing.

I agree, more wikileak type sites the better

I still think dumb shit is a limp shit but will be less likely to get attacked and that seems to be his mode of operation.

Just want to make sure that this does not replace wikileaks. That's like having dumbed down news.
  6. Anonymous Member

You are dumb as fuck, that this comes out now doesn't mean they have worked on this for months. Very unfortunate timing but this release was planned a long time before any of the current wikileaks drama.

And i find it exasperating that the media are twisting this into something it is not. Both Assange and Domscheit-Berg have said the two are distinct from one another and that there is no competition. Both serve a very specific purpose.
  7. AnonyVix Member

IMO this is more about the tactics used to suppress the leaks on Wikileaks than Assange. Those attacking Mastercard etc. are doing it because of their actions against Wikileaks not against Assange.

Assange is or was a spokesperson for Wikileaks which necessitates being an attention whore to be comfortable doing the job and usually you have to be comfortable with a job to do it well. I wouldn't chose to be a media front man.
  8. Anonymous Member

9. timid sparrow Member

ok - oy stand corrected!
  10. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  11. Anonymous Member