Customize

Foreign versions of the site

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Ann O'Nymous, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Ann O'Nymous Member

Foreign versions of the site

I can only imagine the amount of work that the creation of this forum implied, and I am very thankful for that.

If I am correct, there were foreign versions of this site that seem not to be available anymore.

In order to prepare future action, I would like to know if they will be brought back at some stage, and, if possible, roughly when.

Thanks in advance for any element of response.
  2. Anon752 Member

Re: Foreign versions of the site

Very good question. The answer is indeed simple. It is very time consuming to get the other languages up. So we got english live then plan on working on all the other languages this week. It will have every language it had and a couple new ones by friday.
  3. Anon-007 Member

That's a lot of work for you!

Wouldn't it be easier to make the lazy foreign furkers speak English instead? It is the world's most popular language after all!

At this rate, someone will be asking for a Welsh version next!
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thank you very much for this quick and positive anwer.
    Be my guest. Just do it.
    Lurk moar.
    Many foreign versions already existed. I did not request for new ones.

TL;DR Thank you to those who work. The others should try it instead of posting stupid comments...
  5. anonymized Member

...then some welshanon will translate the same info, and all will be good...
  6. Anon752 Member

One thing to note is that we have 14 languages translated. I will be bringing those back up. It will take a bit, its time consuming. But once its up and operational I would like to re-open the idea of creating new text for the site. The site was created back in february / march. The text could be a bit better now. I dont mind what we have, I think its good. But it would be nice to actually have some new content. The big problem there is actually our numbers. We used to have so many anons that getting that many people to translate was easy. It might be harder to get it now. I'll start a thread on it when its time and we can see how it looks.
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

We might be fewer, but I am quite sure that we have the resources to achieve that. We can do it by step, mentioning whether a text is old or new. I am ready to contribute to the French version.
  8. indeedindeed Member

thank you!