Customize

Flying out there to support AnonOrange

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Spylon, Oct 28, 2008.

1. AquaMan Member

Re: Flying out there to support AnonOrange

^^ this
  2. Spylon Member

December date is fail. Let's aim for a real date. Taking into account the cost of the holidays, and how some spend next year's money on Christmas, and enough warning for the day so we can save up for a plane ticket and any other expenses, and allowing anons to attend their local raids, I'd say the best date options would be January 17th, 24th or 31st. I'll post up a poll for these dates.
  3. Spylon Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-...uation-room/global-raid-gold-base-date-31312/

Feburuary is the shit. But I'm still gonna vote for a January date. Sorry, Febu, but I got other plans for you.

Let me break it to you like this. This thread came first, but before this thread it was suggested in that monster thread to do this, and with hours of the situation room coming up, a couple different anons made threads on it.
  4. xenudu Member

5. Anonxmous Member

I did hours ago - when I put a note at the end of the poll thread saying 'this is dead - go to Spylon's poll'. I just want a date agreed so those of us who already are or might be able to travel (internationally) around the date can start thinking about it [which no one is going to do if it's around Feb 10th - people will want to be at their home orgs for the most part], and so putting a link in every "raid gold" thread seemed to be sensible - and I lost track of where I'd been.

Apologies if it came across as too much.
  6. monamia Member

A trip to visit Cali Anons rocks--visitors can testify to our warm and welcoming ways.

ANOTHER less expensive way to support AO (who does loves company! he's social!) is to CONTRIBUTE to the socal legal defense fund by remembering Graham Berry on your Christmas list. Cash is always nice, you know for food and transportation expenses.

We love our visitors. Aussie come when you can and let SoCalAnon know your dates in LA so we can cook up something *special* for Blue, and or Gold or CC. We have FUN! You can meet all the STARS while you are here--Graham, AGP and AO, our Empress (kisses cop ass on our behalf), and all your other favs. We can show you Hollyweird!
  7. monamia Member

N/M
  8. King Nerd Member

I'm traveling out of the country early next year (hence my financial reservations). However, if this idea takes off, I'll work my flight schedule around it. I'm more than ready for an epic raid such as this.

This doesn't have to be global. A massive Saint Hill raid would also be epic. Showing that Anonymous won't take shit from them either.
  9. monamia Member

To send money--checks, money orders, to Graham Berry--here's the mailing addy:

Please help out Graham E Berry as he helps us.
    make out money orders to

Graham E. Berry
    3384 McLaughlin Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    USA

I know the cards for office supplies and those expenses are a great help as he volunteers his time to help with our troubles. But we all know the less visible things require cash: the lights, the meals, the coffee, the transportation costs, new socks. These items add up to a substantial amounts of overhead.

So, buy Graham a good meal, a tank of gas for his volunteer drivers, help to pay the electricity that runs the whole thing with an unrestricted cash gift. It's like the fun of picking up a restaurant tab for a good friend.

These amounts will help AnonOrange more than trips of support, IMHO, although ALL ARE WELCOME to visit us here at any time.

Why does he need our help?
    TL:DR: scientology has legally choked off any income he may make doing the work of an attorney-at-law. By the order of the court, Graham can only accept money for out-of-pocket expenses related to his volunteer legal work and unrestricted gifts due to Toxin Fuckin' Moxon's hate and rage.

Skip a meal, walk instead of drive for a few days, and treat Graham. That's what friends do, a concept that escapes assholes like Moxon.

Can I get a witness? $10 gets him a healthy start for his day with a hot breakfast and a cuppa joe (trans: coffee!). $60 pays a month's electricity bill (optimistic here!).

xo
  10. Anonylemmi Member

And to think the $ilons still believe we are being paid by the psychs and big pharma. Why the hell do we rely on Pro Bono lawfags? Because we have to. If we were puppets of those industries we could outspend the $ilons in court with no problem.
    We are a genuine grass-roots movement that still gives me chills as to how successful we are.
    Give whatever you can to our LawAnons that is legal. They are working their asses asses off for YOU!
    Please contact them first, or ask here to find out what they can legally accept. There are restrictions in some cases.
  11. Sock Puppy Member

I think this is a brilliant idea. Not a waste at all. They'd freak!!!

It reminded me of something one of the counter protestors said to me at a previous demonstration. Which was, "if you guys have a problem with the executive leadership of Scientology, why are you protesting at the orgs?"

This would certainly answer that question . . .
  12. monamia Member

((Thanks guise!
    OT/frivolous:
    I just love that cute pink doggy.))
  13. Spylon Member

When they see anons from all over raid Gold Base, they'll shit enough bricks to build another Gold Base.
  14. Anonymuse Member

A very shitty one, at that. *shot for bad pun*
  15. AnonOrange_ Member

I think it would be preferable to send "office expenses" money to Graham Berry instead of spending thousands to fly to protest at Gold Base.

Gold Base is also a dangerous place to protest and I would recommend holding off.
  16. Re: Flying out there to support AnonOrange

I would love to go, but being a minor would make it extra difficult. If another anon is taking a road trip and could stop by Chi-town to pick me up that would be fucking awesome, but that's just a dream when I start applying logic to the idea lol
  17. norma_scock Member

I think going would be a really bad idea unless you want AO to dox you to the scilons.
  18. MKUltra Member

All of which can be purchased with gift cards. It is not that I deny Graham the staples in life he needs to survive comfortably, but it is his protection I am thinking of here....

It has been stated emphatically that he does not want checks, cash or money orders due to Scifag entanglements. However, he has indicated that specifically purposed gift cards will help him avoid the Scifaggotry.

Coffee? Starbucks Gift card.

Socks/clothing? Target/Sears etc. gift cards

Meals? Safeway gift card.

Fuel? Gas station fuel card (which can often also be used for things like oil or even repairs if the denominations are high enough)

If some Anons are hell bent of providing a means of living via utilities living expenses, there are ways to pay for the bills of another without the other person ever having money cross their palms. For example, here you can go into the hydro offices and pay for a specific address/account holder and they would never even know until their bill came in and it had a zero balance (YMMV).
  19. Re: Flying out there to support AnonOrange

Those aren't quite line-of-work expenses though. I'd clear it with Graham first.
  20. MKUltra Member

True, but that was not really the point I was trying to make. The point was to avoid putting Graham in a position where he has "cash in hand", as this seems to be the gist of his action against the scifags harassing him. Somewhere out there in YouTube land and, IIRC, a post on old EO, there is a tale of him being deposed and part of that deposition was very intensive regarding his income and what cash assets he may have accrued.
  21. Skeptic1337 Member

You should definitely check with him first because they might be tax issues with these gifts as well as cult issues since they are up his ass about it.

Things he can supply receipts for in the course of doing business (copies and shit like that) is cool but before any one sends him "other types of cash" he should request it.

Just my opinion.