Customize

Flying out there to support AnonOrange

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Spylon, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Spylon Member

Flying out there to support AnonOrange

So, I had this idea where I would get on a plane and go protest in front of Gold Base. And then the thought came to me, why don't we set up a date where anons from around the country would fly in and protest at Gold Base? I know that there will probably only be a few anons willing to do this, and if I were to come out there I would need a place to stay for a couple of days and such.

I'm thinking sometime in January. Want to show them how they utterly failed by showing up in larger numbers at Gold Base?
  2. Anonym0se Member

Re: Flying out there to support AnonOrange

A truely epic worldwide raid. I support this, and would by all means fly to join the fight. It would take sacrifice of time and money from anons (missing a day of work and etc.)

But I say yeppers to this^
  3. **zero** Member

This should happen sooner than later

How about we protest the day that AO will have his first day in court?
  4. LilDebbie Member

while i certainly encourage you to do so, my experience flying out to DC seemed a bit of a waste. then again, the lincoln memorial isn't gold. hmm...

/off to look up ticket prices
  5. XtremeNL Member

Sounds like a waste of time, it will just mean there are some orgs without any protest.
    And I'm definitely not doing it to 'support' an anon.
  6. Homo Novis Member

GOLD BASE IS A FAG! I SUPPORT THIS IDEA WHOLE HEARTEDLY! LET'S GIVE EM A GOOD RUFFLING!
  7. anon0004 Member

I think at least a few german anons I talked to were in for this, but we need to prepare this, get days off from our work and save some money.

also organize places to stay etc...

Although some of us would do whatever it takes, it is not easy
  8. AnonOrange_ Member

I'll be your tour guide !
  9. iaxiloll Member

This sounds like the kind of projects that we should promote in the future.
  10. Legion Member

Homo Novis

Total Posts
  11. enthetanon Member

If this sets up and a date is selected, please don't forget to post it on other forums (OCMB, ESMB, ESK, etc) so as to get maximum exposure.

I'd drive down for that, depending on what day, if I have some other gig that day, etc...

Also, need clear game plan: where to stand, what to bring, transportation to the site, parking issues, what to do if confronted, etc. all need to be re-iterated for us iteriots ...

But yeah, I think it's necessary...
  12. FunNomAnon Member

With enough people and the kind of limited approved protest space right on their compound, this would be a perfect time to spread to the off-base parts of the road. About a mile to the west of the base is the intersection of Gilman Springs/Hwy 79 and Sanderson Ave which has huge open spaces and lots of traffic. About 1.5 miles south east is a shopping center at the corner of Ramona Expressway, another major artery for traffic into and out of the Hemet Valley. Most of the people here know that it's a Scientology compound, but not everyone. Considering that they have a strangely low profile in town the vast majority of people don't know Scientology as anything more than "that weird Tom Cruise space religion". This could be a great opportunity to educate more of the community about how dangerous they really are.
  13. LilPhxAnon Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. Name the date and I'll be there.
  14. tendervittles Member

inb4 media shitstorm
    :D
  15. King Nerd Member

I'm willing to do this. Being able to afford it is another matter. I'll talk to the localfags and see if we can put something together.
  16. pooks Member

I don't know about flying out to support a specific anon, but I think it's a great idea for a global protest. It would need a few months of planning. If I could suggest a date-- the weekend of March 7, 2009 would be near perfect.

The week before LRH's birthday, is probably the busiest, most stressful week of the year (next to Christmas) for the Scilons and especially the Int staff.

A lot is going on to prepare for the LRH birthday event, and the scios will probably keep to tradition and have the event the weekend right after March 13th. So the weekend before could create all kinds of incredible lulz.

Anywayz, just an idea.
  17. Re: Flying out there to support AnonOrange

I'm VERY down for a global raid at Gold. Just don't make the AnonOrange incident the focus, they pull the same kind of crap on him to a lot of people.

SF Anons were already planning a roadtrip to Base, but I'm pretty sure that if this is changed to a global event, we'll either save time to plan or just make two trips.
  18. Homo Novis Member

It would be nice if during the month this occurs (if it does, hopefully) that the global theme was also about the many people you speak of. Peeps need to know about this, and similar srs bsness.
  19. Anon1720 Member

^^This^^

Let the people of Hemet know what is really going on in their neck of the woods. No one wants a re-education gulag in their own backyards.

Perhaps Anons can hit these locations (when heading out to gold) between now and global gold base raid to drum up some support and increase awareness.
  20. tofuman Member

I'm so down for this:D
  21. TheStig Member

It sounds so negative when you put it like this^^.

Don't you know it's an ecclesiastical retrea...I mean movie studi...ummm...golf course?

Non-locals would have to be some cagey motherfuckers sharing transportation, though. Oh, wait! We are some cagey motherfuckers!

[TILT up from TheStig checking airfare, DISSOLVE to EXT. Two lane highway, scrub desert, midday]
  22. DamOTclese Member

I like the idea! The ARSCC used to do that, flying in to Clearwater on the anniversary of Lisa McPherson's murder. I like the idea of making a concerted effort to clog Gold Base with rights advocates to the point where the mainstream media decides it's newsworthy.

The only down side is that the crime syndicate doesn't have enough customers to make such an effort worthwhile insofar as leveraging victims to escapoe on their own will. Likely most people driving past hold their breath and hope their vehicles don't konk out as they do so, knowing that they're passing a criminal, violent corporation, most of which mistakenly consider a cult.

WSe can all meet at Ida's house! Snickerdoodles for all 9000 of us!
  23. Fuzi0nX Member

As I stated in another thread.. would love to fly out. But need place to stay.. halp?
  24. Spylon Member

We'll need to get in contact with the local anons there. I'm sure some of them would be willing to share housing for a day or two for other anons to fly in.
  25. Fuzi0nX Member

this is good
  26. Spylon Member

I'll try to help co-ordinate all that stuff. I'll get in contact with anons from there.
  27. Anonymuse Member

Learn from the road warrior SFfags that drove cross-country to the >9000 event in DC.

Imagine, local cells pooling resources to rent buses/vans/get hotel rooms/etc for the occasion. Going cross-country, stopping to flash raid Scilon facilities along the route, Anon Enturbulation Tour de Force '09!

And all those individual cells converging on Hemet, CA to piss Tiny Dave off like he's never been pissed off before. Imagine his reaction to February 10, 2008 raid numbers on Gold's front fucking doorstep, dancing, Rickrolling, and blasting OT3 for one and all to enjoy!
  28. Spylon Member

Nothing really planned yet. It's all open to suggestions, including dates and operations and whatever else.

I do like the idea of going on a road trip to protest at different sites. Local cells would have to do individual planning for that if anons were up for it. But that might be just another raid idea.
  29. Anonxmous Member

30. Spylon Member

Personally, I can't take any more work off until after the 1st of January, so the 20th is a bad date for me. Not only that, but it's too friggin' close to Christmas, and I'm likely to be spending that time with family.
  31. xenudu Member

Support AO at court. Massiveprotest Gold a different date.

Also, cocks.
  32. Anonxmous Member

33. Redshirt Member

I'm holidaying in the states from Jan-March next year. Need an AusAnon?
  34. Spylon Member

Would love one to come.
  35. LilDebbie Member

some of us like to spend the holidays with our families. fail date is fail.
  36. JoshTheater Member

I agree with LilDebbie. The date for ANY global protest should DEFINITELY be during a vacation period (hardly anybody can travel cross-country on a random weekend and expect to get back in time, that's just ridiculous), but it shouldn't be during the holidays...that's extremely unrealistic.
    However, many people have vacation periods in February and April...these should be looked at as possibilities.

P.S.: Obvious sockpuppet thread is obvious.
  37. Anonxmous Member

'some of us' ... all sorts of things - the question is whether "enough of us" - it should be about what will have the biggest impact on the cult, not on how many anon might be inconvenienced, or not be able to make an event they want to be at if hundreds of others WOULD be there. But hey, go vote no - that's what the poll is for.
  38. JoshTheater Member

By "some of us", LittleDebbie was being sarcastic. Clearly, THE VAST MAJORITY of people are extremely busy during the holidays and spend it with their family. So according to what you just said, it would be a bad idea because it would result in a low number of people.
  39. DeMiNe0 Member

I would do it. This is the type of thing i would need to put money away for, plus would take alot of planning. January sounds good for this.
  40. me57 Member

no money sounds like a good idea for those who can and want to