Customize

FLAG DOWN 2014 - May 5th-10th

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by amaX, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostatsea Member

No.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Anonylemmi Member

Real clams will probably avoid it like the plague. They don't want to catch pneumonia and die.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. pedrofcuk Member

It's 100% guaranteed Indie free, inasmuch as a Radiohead gig is 100% guaranteed Justin Bieber and Insane Clown Posse free. Beliebers and Juggalos are still perfectly entitled to come listen if they like, or watch a livestream, but as they're not the intended audience and won't be catered for, it wouldn't be a surprise if they were to find it unpleasant or confusing.
    • Like Like x 7
  4. White Tara Global Moderator

Right, can we accept this as the definitive position on the matter and move along now folks? Asked and answered.

FLAG DOWN 2014 AND KITTEHS!!!!!! YAYAYAY!!!!! :D
    • Like Like x 6
  5. pedrofcuk Member

Kittehs away! :)
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Easy, if their names are on any Indie website, auditor list, etc, then they are Indies. Easy.

Go to the APIS website, for example Karen de la Carriere is OBVIOUSLY an Indie, or any other Indies website and you will see calling themselves Indies. Rinder, Steve Hall, De Phillips, Lana Mitchell, Karry Campbell, Micheal Hobson, etc., etc.

Not so hard.

I am dissapont that amax taking this "exactly!" route on your comment, as she has always been very adamant against Indies. Why she change her mind now? Who knows.
    ex-Indie
    This message by ex-Indie has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. OTeleventy Member

I am sorry, but that's just fucking dumb. Why are you so angsty about indies? They'll figure it out some day, and if they don't, well fuck em. At least they don't have the resources to fair game people. Or 501c3 status. Or fucking real estate on every corner of Clearwater. Or, well, you know.

I know! I figured it out! It's just too much entheta for you! Oh, booboo, I'm sorry honey! Caint hang with the grown ups?
    • Like Like x 3
  8. deirdre Member

Fair enough. And, of course I understand anonymous-at-present speakers.

Were I one of those speakers, at least some of their protest signs would be hilarious. (Being the first outed by a Scn staffer using, of all things, anon.penet.fi.)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. amaX Member

I nominate your trollin' ass to come and stand at the entrance to the venue and force everyone to produce identification so you can match their names and faces to indie websites, auditor lists, etc. Oh. My. God! What will you do if they're not on a list, but they ARE an indie? You need to come up with a plan. This is on you.

EXACTLY.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Horseradish Member

Can someone please take a kitteh banner and stick it behind the speaker/podium?

Ta
    • Like Like x 7
  11. amaX Member

We will be tossing kittehs into the crowd in between speakers.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. rickybobby Member

Maybe everyone should be forced to produce their Anon membership card to gain entry. And don't forget the bush/tree/curtain tech so that the Indies can't video the speakers! We don't want them to hear the secret conference information--- they may find out what we are saying about L Ron Hubbard!

And who is in charge of shooping the photos so it looks like we have 10,000 attendees?
    • Like Like x 6
  13. rickybobby Member

A kitteh flag. Or maybe an otter.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. :)
    This is the analogy that we should have put on page 1

Geddit now pea-brains
    • Like Like x 2
  15. amaX Member

I'm going to sweep through neighborhoods and pick up stray and feral kittehs. I'm going to throw them at the audience in between speeches. You cannot get moar kitteh-ish than that.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. OTeleventy Member

Put balloons on them so they land softly. Or parachutes. I might come for a kitteh. I'll bring my catchers mitt.
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Django Member

yeahbutt....

What happens if/when the cult sends in handlers to disrupt the proceedings? Will there be some kinda security in place?

I nominate AnonOrange to handle any cult security guards.....
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonylemmi Member

Not AO. Try AGP.
  19. Rod Keller Member

I hired Clearwater Police for that. Worked out great.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Nancy Beazley Member

Ha! The cult can't even talk to peaceful protesters on the sidewalks. They would never have the courage to (a) actually listen to people criticizing Hubbard, Miscavige, and stories about Scientology's crimes, much less (b) attempt to "handle" people. What in hell would they actually do?

And if they did "disrupt the proceedings," lulizification would be achieved.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Rod Keller Member

They will attempt to record the proceedings. I know, they can have that for free on the web. They will try anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. amaX Member

We figured that everyone could just take a self-defense course before they come here so they'll be able to defend themselves if attacked.

I also don't think any scientologists will volunteer to be OSA OSA OSA spais and record anything. Pfffft! None of them will show up to the venue or the protest on Saturday. I think scientology will just let us proceed with this conference in an orderly fashion and an anti-sci/scilon hugfest will spontaneously burst forth on protest day!
    • Like Like x 2
  23. snippy Member

I'm guessing they are all going to be on one of their shades drawn hard lock downs as long as there are protesters on the street. Too risky to let outside ideas seep in.
    • Like Like x 4
  24. amaX Member

Saturday they will hole up like gophers.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. deirdre Member

I'd argue that we all have opinions that change over time.

I'm an ex-Scn ex-indie, but I never really practiced outside the CofS. For me, it was a way out. I do know people who've been just as stuck to it after being out for 20-30-longer years, though.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. amaX Member

Are you trying to say in a backhanded way that you think indies should speak at this conference because everyone changes their minds?
  27. Random guy Member

I think I could toss something suitable together from the old Wormery-thread.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. amaX Member

You can sit next to me.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Random guy Member

Is that a threat or a promise??
    • Like Like x 1
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

This post is a duplicate, also made in the thread about Russell Miller's book, here:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...shed-by-silvertail-books.115519/#post-2442608

Russell Miller is coming to America

By Tony Ortega

We were happy to see our New York Post story about Russell Miller’s Bare-Faced Messiah coming back in print metastasize all over the place. The Daily Mail rewrote it, and then the Telegraph did too (but called Russell ‘Robert’), and then those stories appeared in a number of far-flung imitators. We’re glad the book got that kind of notice. And we remind you, if you haven’t seen our interview with Russell, give it a look. He’s a great raconteur.

And now, Russell tells us that he is, indeed, coming to take part in Flag Down, a five-day event in Clearwater, Florida that will feature some dynamite speakers, including BBC journalist John Sweeney and ex-Scientologist Nancy Many. (The organizers were good enough to invite us, but we can’t make it.)

Flag Down will take place from May 5 to 10, and you can help make it happen by checking out its Indiegogo page.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/05/jo...column-for-us-on-scientology-and-its-a-doozy/
    • Like Like x 7
  31. rickybobby Member

They are going to be greatly outnumbered, and they are scared of Anons, anyway. Either they sit down and shut up or we call 911. Easy.

I kind of hope they do try, because can you imagine the lulz that could be had with that video on YouTube? Just let them do their hatey thang and let the cameras capture it in all it's glory! It would be juicy and delicious and could probably be used against the cult in court one day. Squirrelbusters redux! Bwahahahaha
    • Like Like x 9
  32. Nancy Beazley Member

Precisely.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Jeff Jacobsen Member

1gj6bHv.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  34. amaX Member

I can't remember if you're one of the people who hates my guts so I'm not sure...
    • Like Like x 5
  35. rickybobby Member

• Like Like x 4
  36. Anonylemmi Member

I fear Jeff may still be living in the time when OSA was considered an invulnerable ninja boogeyman.
    • Like Like x 4
  37. bAnon Member

hate is ignorance, bliss always trumps both
  38. deirdre Member

I think the conference organizers should do what they feel is best.

I do think indies should speak to other indies (and other people possibly on their way out). Another venue seems more likely to work for them.

I was commenting on the idea of indies in particular being fluid in their beliefs. In general, I don't think that's true. In my case, I never truly believed all of Scientology, nor did I quite fit in anywhere, but it took me a long time to realize that I'm basically just an agnostic who likes a good yarn (or even a bad one on occasion). And I like story too much to ever feel comfortable with the term atheist.
    • Like Like x 3
  39. amaX Member

Thank you for clarifying your post. I appreciate it.
    • Like Like x 3
  40. :DYes. A story like this has to be true

Its a nice compliment to his main source of income - 3 card monte on the streets of Dublin
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.