Customize

FLAG DOWN 2014 - May 5th-10th

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by amaX, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaX Member

Y'all done lost your damned minds. I'm also detecting great lapses in common sense and no LULZ.

I shudder to think what this thread will be like two weeks from now.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Twinkle Member

Well said Amax, wash, rinse and repeat.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Rod Keller Member

For what it's worth, I have found former members and indies to be polite, intelligent, witty and good company. I would be surprised if they offended anybody except those who find even their presence distasteful. Joe (rest in peace) and Bid Harrington come to mind, but there were several others. Mostly I didn't ask if they still practiced. And you never know when a bit of Scientology will surprise you. Non-indie ex-members sometimes have cal-mag in their medicine cabinet, or only unscented soap in the laundry room, or do their own personal purif.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. amaX Member

Don't you have a map to lovingly gaze at?
    • Like Like x 2

5. Bitch is too busy cock sucking for that.
    perpignan
    This message by perpignan has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 6

6. Bitch has a cunt wider than a wizards sleeve.
    perpignan
    This message by perpignan has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
  7. dwest Member

Add David Mayo to that list. I know many people who speak highly of him in Santa Barbara to this day that know of nothing of his Indie background. They just consider him a nice man who touched them in ways they remembered.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I mean this sincerely, whatever the fuck your mom did or didn't do for you....
    It is screaming.
    Even if you are a troll.
    People without mommies issues don't write this shit. It wouldn't occur to them.
  9. Anonylemmi Member

:eek:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. pedrofcuk Member

A general note on Indies: an Independent Scientologist is in a temporary state of mind.

They are all on the route to being full ex-Scientologists, no exceptions. Look at the recent posts by the acknowledged leader of Indiedom.

So why would we have a conference to expose an abusive organization and include people who have opinions that will change in a day, week, month, year?

The basic facts about Scientology are constant and never changing: It is a fraudulent and criminal racket and was from day one when Hubbard first formulated the idea that led to the scam we have today.

This should not be too difficult to understand. There are people who believe that they know how to know yet are really duped, Scientologists, 25,000 of them or so.

Others who want to know how to know despite all reasons they know why they shouldn't and are but half-duped, Indies, a few hundred of them.

And those who know that Scientology is a scam that destroys lives, not duped, ex-members, anons, critics, academics, psychs, the public at large, millions of them.

Being an Indie is like standing on a stepping stone in mid-stream as the water is rising. You know you can't go back as the big bad wolf is behind you. You have to reach the far bank to survive (for all eternity) and it takes real courage to make that leap. You may use the partially submerged stepping stones along the way before making your final leap.

Jump, Indie, jump.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. amaX Member

RussellMiller_zpsfe6123c7.png

RussellMiller2_zpsbc5085fd.png
    *Thank you to the person who sent me the pic of the paperback version which I do agree has a much better cover than the hardback version.

We are pleased to announce that Russell Miller has been added to the speakers list for Flag Down 2014.
    • Like Like x 9
  12. rickybobby Member

Unregistered posters can only be "disliked." The "likes" will not show up. This is true forumwide and not just ITT.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. White Tara Global Moderator

Hey Amax would you like me to add to list? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ersatz Global Moderator

I already did. :)
    • Like Like x 5
  15. amaX Member

Please! I did report the OP asking y'all to add it, but it must not have gone through. Thank you.

Isn't this awesome?
    • Like Like x 4
  16. amaX Member

:D Thank you, Moderators for helping us keep this thread updated. It is much appreciated! <3
    • Like Like x 5
  17. rof Member

Quit bitching.

Is that all you ever do or what?
    • Like Like x 2
  18. White Tara Global Moderator

lolol Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun, Flaaaash! Ersatz! saviour of the universe! lololol ok could you do me a favour and clean up this messy messy mess lol runs away giggling :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. amaX Member

20. Ersatz Global Moderator

Trying to clean this thread is giving me headache. Some of the questions regarding clarification of indie speakers vs indies attending are legitimate, others are trolls. Going to have some more coffee and come back to it.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. White Tara Global Moderator

lol was really only joking but since you insist and I am drunk, sure knock yourself out. :) Cheers Satzy Baby!
    • Like Like x 1
  22. amaX Member

omg! You're really trying to clean up this thread???
  23. White Tara Global Moderator

If anyone can do it ma'am ,Flash Ersatz can, stand back please professionals at work ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  24. White Tara Global Moderator

Id help you out myself but I just fell over trying to get into my pyjamas lol :)
    • Like Like x 2
  25. amaX Member

I'm still in my jammies.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. RavenEyes Member

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain. :) I didn't know that.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. RavenEyes Member

I'm putting this here because I know OSA loves this thread. Brad Pitt's movie production company recently bought the rights of "Anonymous vs. Steubenville", which was an article published by Rolling Stone Magazine, and they're making a movie about it. It's pretty obvious they won't be taking the side of Steubenville, who as a school district and community covered up the rape of an underaged minor. Instead, it will show how a group of concerned individuals (Anonymous) banded together to right a wrong - and succeeded.

Have you noticed, OSA, how Brad Pitt (who won Best Picture at this year's Academy Awards for "12 Years a Slave") has not bought any rights nor produced any film on how wonderful Scientology is?

Brad Pitt:
    Anonymous? Yes
    Scientology? No

Let that sink in the next time you sign over your money to the cult or harass one of your own or a critic...
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Nancy Beazley Member

Yes, it's clear now that Indies may donate and attend, but may not be speakers.

But RavenEyes is correct. In the beginning, the Flag Down organizers' position was that Indies would not be allowed to participate. And for anyone to insist that that wasn't the initial position is disingenuous. It's also facepalm.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  29. tigeratbay Member

From the beginning on FB Pete made it clear to me that anyone was welcome to attend, not to speak. Too bad it took so long to be cleared up here.
    • Like Like x 5
  30. Really?

https://whyweprotest.net/community/t...4#post-2382486 -- Nov 10 2013
    Pete: This conference is 100% guaranteed Indie free. IT IS AN INDIE-FREE ZONE. If an individual anonymously donates to the funding campaign and just happens to be an Indie, there's nothing we can do about that, but take their money and have a kick-ass conference

https://whyweprotest.net/community/t...2#post-2440548 -- March 30 2014
    he's [Tony De Phillips] more than welcome to attend.
    I'm happy for any Scientologist, Independent or otherwise, to attend, even David Miscavige, as long they behave themselves, but we won't be promoting their belief system, or any other, or featuring them as speakers. The focus of the conference is on exposing Scientology's deception, fraud and human rights abuses.

It took 4 1/2 months to change his mind, yet it did
    facepalm.jpg
    This message by facepalm.jpg has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  31. amaX Member

Did you know from the beginning that this event was going to be free? Yes. You did.
    Did you know from the beginning that indies were not going to speak at this conference? Yes. You did.
    Did you have enough common sense to realize that a free anti-scilon event in Clearwater would be attended by people that are not anti-scilon? No. You did not because you have no common sense.

I also don't count attending a free event as participating in the event if your beliefs run contrary to what the event is about. Do you?

Beat that dead horse! You beat it harrrrrrd.

Obviously you do not have a sense of humor and you do not recognize sarcasm.

Pete and I have not changed our minds. Pete even says that we won't be promoting any scilon's belief system in your example.

This is for you, too:

Did you know from the beginning that this event was going to be free? Yes. You did.
    Did you know from the beginning that indies were not going to speak at this conference? Yes. You did.
    Did you have enough common sense to realize that a free anti-scilon event in Clearwater would be attended by people that are not anti-scilon? No. You did not because you have no common sense.
    • Like Like x 4
  32. Horseradish Member

Will there be any webcasting / liveblogging or similar for those of us unable to get the time away.

Willing to throw some money in the pot for this...
    • Like Like x 3
  33. amaX Member

We are going to live stream the conference. We want people all over the world to be able to watch and we also know that local people who are interested will be too afraid to attend in person.
    • Like Like x 8
  34. Horseradish Member

• Like Like x 4
  35. Nancy Beazley Member

But mostly, amaX, you are wasting precious energy by insulting people who don't mean any harm to you or the conference. Some of your posts here make you seem ill-suited for marketing or the hospitality industry, including conference planning. Take a chill pill.
    Nancy Beazley
    This message by Nancy Beazley has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  36. amaX Member

fify
    • Like Like x 2
  37. snippy Member

All I can say is there better be some free pineapples.
    • Like Like x 5
  38. OTeleventy Member

Genuine question. I'm sure it's covered somewhere and i missed it. How do you keep an indie OUT? Do indies and clams have chips implanted so you can scan them and say, "NINE! Verboten! No admittance!" ..?

Just curious.
    • Like Like x 4
  39. amaX Member

Exactly.
    • Like Like x 5
  40. 911

How about this? Once they are identified, I'm sure a little group pressure will make unwelcome enough to leave. Like some of the things that get yelled at a protest for instance:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.