Customize

Flag Down 2014 Full Schedule

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Darth Xander, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Disambiguation Global Moderator

This is amazing. I'm not an ex and this explained everything including how mentally ill LRH was. This was pre-visteril so thats not an explaination. This was so awful I had to stop listening, today ill finish it.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. I would think any location in LA would be in spitting distance of a strip club, but the closest I've ever been to LA is San Bernadino, so I might not be making an accurate extrapolation of the territory.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nancy Beazley Member

Seriously? You got all the way to San Bernardino, but didn't take the 10 all the way in?

It's OK. They won't hurt you.
  4. Nancy Beazley Member

Seriously ... Los Angeles has many awesome protesting locales and so much to offer "Big Blue Down 2015."

Look at Big Blue
    Look at those BTs
    Look at that Scilon over there, man
    He's dyin' to be free
    Look at those anons
    There ain't nothin' like 'em nowhere

Sunset Boulevard (We love it!)
    Hollywood Boulevard (We love it!)
    Fountain Boulevard (We love it!)
    L. Ron Hubbard Way (We love it!)

Plus, the locals will welcome your asses. In fact, some of you will think you've died and arrived on your home planet.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. LOL.

We were down from the mining camps to pick up a silkscreen press. We had planned on spending more time but we had come down during wildfire season and the whole area was filled with fumes. The smoke was so bad we couldn't see 50 yards ahead of us and our lungs were burning in minutes. Not one of the area's optimal days. We got our press and drove home via the high desert.

Someday I hope to discover just how friendly the natives are...:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. grep Member

Yeah I've heard a number of people talk about a conference in LA. It'd be fun.
  7. Quentinanon Member

May I suggest a genre? Marcabian Break Dancing would suit L. Ron's music, particularly The Power of Source by the Apollo Stars.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Twinkle Member

Featuring yourself?
    ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Quentinanon Member

Not anymore.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Twinkle Member

I think I broke something just watching those guys.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. fathertony Member

OK I'm am throwing this out there to gauge the interest. I have been looking at getting a DVD made. Before I do this the more I make the cheaper they are. I need to know how many people would want it and if you would shell out $15 for a professional DVD. The DVD will be printed on and the case will be like something you would get from the store. Feel free to pm me and let me know.
  12. Ogsonofgroo Member

I think that DVD's are already being made.... Seriously, why would you do that? What I mean is this~ tonnes of people already hosting anti-culty vids etc. on YT etc. for free, why buy another dust collector or something when it is just a click away and savable to your own PC (w.h.y.). I do not see much market for such a thing, and you failed to mention a topic as well, maybe think this one out a bit more?
    Just my meagre 0.02$ worth du-jour.

Cheers! FT! Love what ya do mon irregardless!
    • Like Like x 2
  13. fathertony Member

Quote="Darth Xander, post: 2454600, member: 28915"]This guy, on the other hand, is really cool. Thanks for stepping up FT!

[/quote]
    Your making me blush. I just did what needed to be done to make sure the show went on. The message was to important to me!!
    • Like Like x 3
  14. fathertony Member

Seeing as I posted the DVD idea in a Flag Down thread I thought it would be self evident as to what the DVD would be about. It would be from all the speakers from Flag Down. As well as the trolley tour. So people could have a hard copy. Also it would be used for fundraising for FD 2015.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yeh I figured that out Tony, but I think some rockin' T's would be a better approach, as anyone who has a 'puter can make a hard copy of what is already out here/there. I like your idea but don't see much of a market per-se. How about some noice posters, coasters, cards packages? Am not knowing, it is early in the afternoon and not drinkin' enough yet for ideas :p
    Personally I'd rather just directly donate through pay-pal or some such, so not needing more DVD's.
    And I mean absolutely no affront to your idea, but I think there isn't a lot of 'appeal-factor' for such an effort. You could always do a test run for that matter, like a couple of hundred or something. If you put it together on your PC and have a good burner, voila! I am thinking like, erm, test the waters. Keep in mind, what is your target audience?
    Just blabberin' mon :) *rolling*

:)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tigeratbay Member

I'm thinking "target audience", are people in Clearwater who won't or don't go to YT. Lot's of old folks who are very community minded or unaware of this event.
    Posters promoting the speakers on YT sound good too if we can place them in some business's windows or on boards.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Django Member

I don't understand. Where's Dom Ameche?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Fathertony, I like the fact that you are trying out ideas to make some money. But how many t-shirts, bracelets and other items were already sold for Flag Down? Pedrofcuk and amaX were promoting those quite a bit for several months. The sales for Flag Down items so far would be a good barometer for the potential market on additional items.
  19. The Internet Member

You sure do want a lot of stats there, stranger.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. I like the idea of having these to pass out to anyone who wants one, like at a condo, church, or community event. I would like to see this done at cost rather than as a fund raiser, because you're trying to get the word out, and like tigeratbay said, there are tons of people not on the computer.

Fund raising is fine, but for other items.
  21. tigeratbay Member

You got it, Senior citizen! Like your idea.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Yes. Did you see that the expenses were greater than the amount raised? That means one of more people ate some of the costs. I don't think that's right.

Seems to me that there could have been more work as a group to make Flag Down a success. I think we have a much better view of what's going on at Flag from the input of many eyewitnesses there on the number of staff there. I think we can do the same if we get some ideas going on how to make money. If no one has bought any shirts, bracelets, etc., leading up to Flag Down, there probably isn't going to be much demand for it after. But if they did sell, hell, maybe we can somehow work as a group towards doing something similar.

Those are my thoughts. Do you have any ideas on how to help raise funds?
    Benji
    This message by Benji has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  23. Nancy Beazley Member

Oh, shut up, Benji.

Actually, FT, I wouldn't buy a DVD. That's very 1999. Just sayin'.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. ThetanBait Member

How about auctioning off a date with Spete?
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Darth Xander Member

Or a workout with TB? Guaranteed to friggin kill you.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. cubby Member

that's the truth
  27. Quentinanon Member

You rang?
    AMECHE_Don_phB.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  28. Ogsonofgroo Member

we need a virgin to sacrifice for the geeker good, I offer myself in lieu of not finding one, auction starts at noon, min. 800k bid... :p
    • Like Like x 3
  29. RavenEyes Member

wtf are you smokin' today?! lmao

get back in your dome cage and stay there until you sober up, mister, and I mean it
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Ogsonofgroo Member

No. I refuse. So there.

:)
    • Like Like x 1
  31. jensting Member

In the UK, the Salvation Army is doing a world of good. http://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki/Trafficking
    While I usually mock the Sea Org by renaming it the Damnation Navy in honour of the SA, in this case my mind can't wrap itself around that...
    • Like Like x 4
  32. RightOn Member

holy shit! I was looking for a gift on this site and look at this vintage Flag Land Base T-shirt!
    It's an original Flag Land Base T shirt with "The Friendliest Place in the World" on the back. wow.
    I don't think $40.00 is that high for this shirt. I never saw one of these before. Anyone else?
    If anything, you can copy the graphics and make your own!
    Only change the back to the Unfriendliest place. LOL!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/169180...s?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=flag
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Twinkle Member

Ship of fools springs to mind here.

EDIT:

Sea Org I mean.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. lostatsea Member

I kind of want it. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  35. RightOn Member

if it fit me, it would be sold already.
    Can you imagine this for next year's FD?
    As a matter of fact, these would be great t shirts for next year, with a little text altering :D
    • Like Like x 2
  36. snippy Member

Warning: 100% Kodel polyester

• Like Like x 2
  37. Twinkle Member

I was thinking more along these lines KittyKat,

The ship of fools is an allegory, originating from Plato,[1] that has long been a fixture in Western literature and art. The allegory depicts a vessel populated by human inhabitants who are deranged, frivolous, or oblivious
    passengers aboard a ship without a pilot, and seemingly ignorant of their own direction

I like your post too :)
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Why thank you, I learned something new. Obvious this 80ties band I posted knew it's classics.

mdglc8kO2zAFmqJLayomFxw.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  39. Twinkle Member

And I learned from you about this 80's band, thank you KittyKat.
    • Like Like x 1