Customize

First report from Tustin 1-17-09.

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by meatpin, Jan 17, 2009.

1. meatpin Member

First report from Tustin 1-17-09.

This was my first protest ever for anything, and today's my 58th b-day.

So, from my perspective, it went well.

There were 6 anons, but the org was pretty full of people from what I've heard about Tustin. Prolly 30+ cars in the parking lot.

There was also what I would consider a heavy presence of PI's. My guess would be at least 5 white vans/SUV's + other scilon cars lurking about. There were no instances of handlers coming out to us, but one scilon in a car was stopped at the traffic light, rolled down a window and said "how wonderful the tech is and it helps people." She rolled her window up after I asked how her stats were.

Weather was warm, got lots of horn love, some very enthusiastic from young people. After about 2 hours the others left for L.A.

My thanks to AnonOrange for running interference for me with the PI's as we left. It was an exciting 10 minutes for me going back to my car (I parked very close) and I had to do some Evasion and Escape involving a restroom and a costume change. Heady stuff for an old man....
  2. fotoanon Member

Re: First report from Tustin 1-17-09.

Glad you made it!

Hope it was all you dreamed about ;)

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  3. Anon1720 Member

Good for you Meatpin. I've been to a couple of protests and it sure does get our old tickers going to be sure. Happy B-day BTW.
  4. i'mglib Member

It was great meeting you, Meatpin. Nice job. This was a great protest. Video and photos coming.
  5. meatpin Member

OhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboy!!!!!!!

Yummy brownies too...:D
  6. daile100 Member

those brownies were good, i ate the whole plate when i got home
  7. Re: First report from Tustin 1-17-09.

There was a point when the ratio between PI's and protesters was dead even...but then...things started to get dangerous.

Enter...the equalizers. Dr. Glib and Nurse Noice.

IMG_3767_2-1.jpg
  8. Kilia Member

Hello meatpin..glad to have you aboard.
    ...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

ps..I remember well when I was 58. Made my first trip to Alaska and stayed for 5 years. lol
  9. TinyDancer Member

Tustin - the home of WIN.

Another congrats from me, meatpin. Glad you enjoyed it. Of course, with Glibby and RiF there, you were always going to enjoy yourself.

HBDTY
    HBDTY
    HBDDM
    HBDTY
  10. meatpin Member

Is anyone in contact with AnonOrange? I really want to thank him for helping me with the PI's on the way out. Really, the entire group helped too, because I was pinned down for about 5 minutes. I think everyone else started leaving then too, and the PI's that had me cornered took off. I got to talk to a lady about Fair Game that way though...
  11. Re: First report from Tustin 1-17-09.

It was 80 degrees here in Orange County. Yes, we're having a lovely summer this winter. The raid got off to a bumpy start with AO having a salty exchange with one of the posted PI's (Blue Shirt Guy? Cigar Man? Not sure...), which ended up at the Tustin PD where a complaint was made. The PI's did back off some from there, but frankly no one minds the PI's except for AO. He calls them names. We invite them to join us.

It was a small group this time, only six of us, but just as effective. Lots of horn love. Lots of smiles and thumbs up. A few one fingered salutes. Daile optimistically surmised that the birds must be aimed at Scientology. Who'd wanna flip off this fun-loving bunch?

IMG_3773_2-1.jpg

We had no visitors from inside the org. There were more cars in the parking lot than usual, so something was going on in there. No visits from the po po either. There were four doctors and a nurse among us so all medical emergencies were expertly handled. There was once incident which I believe was caught on film and may be included in a video later on.

The Tustin Wreckers represent.
  12. Optimisticate Member

No no no! Anonymous is nothing but kiddie hackers, remember? :)

Congrats on a successful 1st raid and happy birthday!
  13. Re: First report from Tustin 1-17-09.

Some fun clips of the gang from Saturday's raid. Enjoy!

14. Anonyymous77 Member

nice vid! thx for posting
  15. 0815 Member

Guis, next time check if AO left his brain at home too. WTF hail AO, the leader of Anonymous.