Customize

Fire on the ground -- What the bloody hell?

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by DamOTclese, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DamOTclese Member

Fire on the ground -- What the bloody hell?

The violent assaults against the rights protesters is bad, but honestly what I think to be even more insane is the flare that the Scientology crooks put on the ground. That, I feel, is even more dangerous and potentially deadly than the insane Scientology criminal putting his knee in AO's neck.

Yes, the fire was set in a wide denuded area, but that was a Red Flag day at the end of October and we have dozens of fires working already in the Southland. Every stupid idiot who sets a fire that the responders have to alert out to is that less protection for the forests that also need to be protected.

The stupid fucks probably thought that their fire was safe, that road flares aren't sold to morons like them if they weren't inherantly safe. But either Scientology put that fire on the ground as a deliberate hope that he could covertly start a fire and blame it on Anonymous else the Scientology idiots stupidly thought that setting the fire was safe.

Xenubarb watched the fire until it burned itself out, so I'm glad that there was an adult keeping the firebug morons in check if needed, but Jesus fucking H. Christ, playing with fire like that is something that I feel is a criminal act that equals their assaults against rights advocates.

At minimum the law enforfcement and fire authorities in the area need to be informed about this incident so that the insane criminals can have safety explained to them.
  2. Optimisticate Member

Re: Fire on the ground -- What the bloody hell?

Hi

CAL FIRE Home

Intentional fire = arson

:)
  3. Anonynamefag Member

^^ THIS
  4. tazor Member

I understand your outrage DamOTclese but you keep saying they set a fire when, in reality, they set off a flare. I know that the flare was dangerous to set and all but it was NOT a fire.

I think that we need to be careful about being very precise in our language on AO and Barb's situation. The scilons could say we are making false claims that they started a fire.

You know they are going to make a bunch of shit up about this whole thing anyway. As someone else suggested, they will prolly claim they set the flare off for safety reasons. We all know that's bs but it won't help if we appear to be exaggerating or stretching the truth.
  5. Rage Hard Member

How about the distraction of traffic riding up/ down that road? Red flare = danger.

2980097063_1f4241544f_b.jpg

cocks and all.
  6. Optimisticate Member

Setting off a flare in red flag conditions cannot be justified, no matter how the scilons try to spin it. However, I think GB, AO, and Barb need to be the ones to let Anon know what direction to rage in.
  7. Re: Fire on the ground -- What the bloody hell?

What POSSIBLE justification can they give for setting up a flare behind a highly visible vehicle in broad daylight?
    I can't even begin to speculate what they will say when they have to explain their actions.

I can't help but wonder if it was some kind of show for the people watching inside. Like they were feeling like they had to do something, even if just to try and frighten.

It is just such a strange thing to do and I too would have approached someone to inquire why they would need to interact with my personal property in such a way.

If someone is parked on the street outside my house right now and I don't like it, am I allowed to go put a flare near his car as a warning or whatever? If he steps onto my yard to ask me why I didn't just ask him to move the car or something, is it okay for me to have my buddies jump his ass? BRB
  8. themadhair Member

Fix'd
  9. T.W.C_Anon Member

That isn't even placed properly, it could of easily rolled down into the grass and started a fire. The ground there is clearly not level. What if it had rolled under the car? Their supposed to be placed in a holder or on a spike in the ground. -1 to scilons for improper use of a road flare that could of caused a wildfire. I wonder if they were planning that would happen and then blame it on the protesters. I see no good reason for doing this other then malicious intent.

dumb asses
  10. XenuLovesU Member

I didn't realize precisely how bogus it was for them to have set a road flare until I saw the pics in this thread.

There's a more important angle to this than the "OMG FIRE HAZARD" one. It's that the flare is clearly bait. The van isn't obstructing the road. It isn't, by any stretch of the imagination a hazard to motorists. It's totally fucking off the road -- with what looks like about 10' extra clearance between it and the fog line.

There's no reason to put a flare there.... 'cept as bait. I think when the DA sees these photos + the "look at us fuck around your van and back up" video... it's the Scilons, not AO, that are going to get a smackdown.
  11. DamOTclese Member

The issue is one of intention. Before the authorities can get involved there would have to be an investigation in to the intentions of the person who set the fire on the ground.

I will send a letter to the fire authority there asking that they or a police officer get with the insane Scientology criminals and inform them about what the laws of the land are and why such laws are in place.

If anything, keeping the insane criminals from setting further fires is a Big Win and all that's important.
  12. DamOTclese Member

It is likely that if it wasn't ordered to be done by Ken Hoden or some other upper manager, the individual that set the fire was acting on his own and probably can not come up with a good reason. These people do things without thinking of the consequences because they're drilled to believe that they are above the law, they are the "real authorities" by virtue of having been rooked and swindled.

So I would expect that if the criminal is hauled up in front of a Judge to explain his actions, he would not be able to do so. "Seemed like a good idea at the time" might be all that the idiot could spew in court.

The only thing that rankles me is that the stupid fucks might decide to set more fires. I'm going to draft a polite request that the local fire authority pay the insane criminals a visit to explain to them the dangers of setting fires, the laws involving Red Flag days, and why they (the Scientology morons) are insane.
  13. Anon-ymous Member

Wait, what happened?
  14. tazor Member

ARGHHHH!
  15. tazor Member

I understand your outrage DamOTclese but you keep saying they set a fire when, in reality, they set off a flare. I know that the flare was dangerous to set and all but it was NOT a fire.

I think that we need to be careful about being very precise in our language on AO and Barb's situation. The scilons could say we are making false claims that they started a fire.

You know they are going to make a bunch of shit up about this whole thing anyway. As someone else suggested, they will prolly claim they set the flare off for safety reasons. We all know that's bs but it won't help if we appear to be exaggerating or stretching the truth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scientology was just a joke written by hack science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard. Xenu is the punch line.

Please! Don't get the fuck me out! At least let me be in the dome! ~Lily the Troll~

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS????
  16. Re: Fire on the ground -- What the bloody hell?

I think someone was researching the legality of using roadflares during such volatile conditions, anyone know what happened to that?
  17. LilPhxAnon Member

Maybe the fire dept should be sent out to inspect all of gold to make sure everything is up to code. Is that a possibility?
  18. BigBeard Member

If it was a "Red" fire hazard day those security bozos are toast if the Fire Marshal sees that video.

Found at:

http://weblinks.westlaw.com/Find/De...vr=2.0&spa=CCR-1000&trailtype=26&Cnt=Document

Anyone have the Fire Marshal's number? GB may also be interested in this.

BigBeard
  19. Forseti Member

It is simple really. They set the flare there so they would have a reason to get close to AO's car. They knew this would cause AO to go over there to investigate. They then lured AO onto their property.......and you already know the rest.

I mean it wasn't like AO followed them through the gates and into the compound. He merely went across the invisible propery line and onto the dirt/weed area, not even close to the walls of the place.

hrmmmm the word "Entrapment" comes to mind.

Either way, this is a prime example of "Fair Game" policy at work. The very same policy Co$ denies exists.
  20. Anon Char Member

Curiosity, aren't road flares chemical based fuel agents rather than oxygen fuel fire?

Not trying to derail, but I'm sure road flares, unless misused, are not entirely fire hazardous.

Besides that, I rather think that a lone road flare is rather improperly used. They are usually supposed to mark a lane off "AT NIGHT" ?
  21. BigBeard Member

Doesn't matter what the fuel agent is if the Fire Marshall declared it a "Red" fire hazard day it would still be considered a fire hazard per:

CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
    TITLE 19. PUBLIC SAFETY
    DIVISION 1. STATE FIRE MARSHAL
    CHAPTER 6. FIREWORKS
    ARTICLE 19. EMERGENCY SIGNALING DEVICES
    This database is current through 10/17/08, Register 2008, No. 42
    § 1045. Fire Hazard.

Full text in post #18

BigBeard
  22. anyjane Member

Yeah, this.

It does seem to be the case it was a lure to a trap because any flammable near dry brush will be a huge fukking concern and is unsafe, but giving the impression it's something larger than it actually is just comes across as ZOMG THEY SET FIRE BAD ARSON.

That said, I think they should be fined.
  23. DamOTclese Member

Their compound has regularly scheduled fire and other safety inspections, including a number of health inspections which they must go through. It is almost certain that the insane criminals utilize inspectors that are paid for, but yes, they are routinly inspected already.
  24. DamOTclese Member

It was a designated "Red Flag" day -- I follow fire bans because of the work that I do. Hell, it's because of the work that I do that makes this so friggen personally frightening. I have friends and what not who put out fires and risks their lives saving other people's lives. Any time a fire is set there is a potential of risk of death for the fire fighters and that impacts me personally.
  25. Re: Fire on the ground -- What the bloody hell?

^^^^^^^THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

I was able to find articles stating there was a red flag warning, but I couldn't figure out if there was a law like this in effect. What do we need to do to take action, and who should do it (AO, GB, anyone else)? Independently of what happened to AnonOrange, this stuff endangers our protesters and everyone in the compound. This is just plain dangerous.
  26. DamOTclese Member

The common road flare sold in California carries an oxidant and a mild accelerant designed to "evict" the flame for visibility, doped with a colored flourine agent (fuck the spelling!) which causes some of the bright luminosity. Other types of flares are used for other types of work. Backfire flares are designed to drip burning magma and aren 't suitable for highway hazard flagging.

The fire that these stupid fucks set was almost certainly the common road flare, one of several that the insane crooks carry routinely inside of their vehicles. Those leave a friable ceramic aftermath which is fairly brittle but which is incandescent when it flows from the flare's plasma.

The common road flare is round and will roll. Where these insane fuckers set the fire the ground appears to decline what I believe to be South, toward the cult's compound. You can see the bright end of the flare pointed generally towaerd the human rights activists, away from on-coming traffic -- another bit of evidence that this was a crime, not an accident.
  27. mrfyde Member

Keep in mind that this is a part of California that is prone to wild fires that cause BILLIONS of dollars in damage and loss of life.
  28. Re: Fire on the ground -- What the bloody hell?

The same county where, the day before this happened, there was a wildfire that burned down 38 acres.
  29. xzoz01 Member

We know it's a flare now, but honestly from far away one might think they just put some sort of explosive behind your vehicle. They know that we know that they're batshit insane, so they most likely did this to scare the shit out of you.
  30. xzoz01 Member

question: when the cops showed up, was the flare still burning behind your vehicle? Or did they get rid of that before they arrived.
  31. xenudu Member

For us non-US fags, what is a red flag day? Is that like a total fire ban day in Australia?
  32. DamOTclese Member

Yes, probably exactly equal. I'm aware of the seasonal fire problems that much of Australia has, and the seasonal bans that go in to effect there are much the same as they are here.

In addition to fires of any kind being banned, Red Flag days also prohibits smoking cigarets in some areas, prohibits the use of lawn mowers, chainsaws, leaf blowers, and other equipment that has any remote possibility of causing a spark. Fucking road fucking flares are absolutely fucking forbidden for any reason on Red Flag days. Reflective triangles and other hazard signaling devices are to be used.

Red Flag days are designated for large regions. On the day of this criminal incident, we had a humidity level of 8% and ground fuel levels for most of the State of California were, as usual, high. Fire danger levels in some areas were extreme, critical, and high depending upon various factors.

Several fires were being worked at the time of this incident. Some fire fighting crews are on 12 hour rotational alerts right now even when they are not deployed at a fire so that they are available in large numbers in case they are needed.

I see a couple of comments about this trying to make light of the fire, saying "it was only a flare." Good fucking grief! If anything, that flare on the ground was far more dangerous and potentially deadly than the Scientology criminals' assaults.

Any fire of any kind on the ground in such an environment frightens the ever living fuck out of me for a variety of reasons. I have friends and co-workers who fight fires and put their lives on the line. Stupid mother fucking stunts with criminals playing with fire irritates the shit out of me.
  33. BigBeard Member

Has the Fire Marshall seen the video, or at least been informed?

BigBeard
  34. Anonymuse Member

Slightly tangential to the topic:

Recommended addition to Gold raid kits: large bucket of sand and/or fire extinguisher for putting out road flares/other fire hazards? y/n/cocks?

Imagine how much it'll tweak them if they try the flare stunt again, and Anon calmly walks over to the flare and snuffs it out while another Anon calls the fire marshal or whoever to report witnessing someone creating a potential wildfire hazard.