Customize

Final Outcome on the Oron file sharing case.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reggycode, Oct 5, 2013.

1. reggycode Member

Does anyone know the final outcome of the Oron file sharing case? and what happened to the site? was it taken down for good? and if so what happens to the data on its servers?

Used it a while ago for legitimate purposes to store some personal data while I re installed my laptop, when I came to download it back the site was gone, read in the news that they were in the process of a law suit with some of the adult movie studios but never found out the final outcome.

If the site site was taken down what happens to all the data they hold is it destroyed or kept as evidence or what? If I cant get my data back would be nice to know it was sat on some hard disk somewhere waiting to be viewed.
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

I've never heard of the "oron file sharing case."

Perhaps Google (or some other search engine) is your friend.

And perhaps let this be a lesson to you about 'cloud' computing. It sucks.
  4. reggycode Member

Yep good old Google I bet they got a copy of it, seem to know everything else I do online, perhaps I could send them a polite email and ask for a copy along with and other personal information they hold on me, there's probably a contact email on there website for those sort of request right??