Customize

Fed Judge ENJOINS FL judge in Kyle Brennan Litigation

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by pooks, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

re: Fed Judge ENJOINS FL judge in Kyle Brennan Litigation

3/10
  2. TinyDancer Member

We don't have all of the facts. Evidence may have surfaced during the depositions that fills in some of the gaps in our knowledge. Presumably the mother also has evidence that we don't have.

If it survived a summary judgment application, then it's not a frivolous claim.
  3. Anonymous Member

Now look who's clutching at straws. It seems to me that you are utterly clueless.

Also, its DAndar not Dendar.
  4. re: Fed Judge ENJOINS FL judge in Kyle Brennan Litigation

Summary Judgement is still pending.

Motion to dismiss got thrown out, per OP

Otherwise, this.
  5. Anonymous Member

So how bad of an attorney must Dendar be if he had to agree not to sue the Church of Scientology ever again? And how desperate must this Brannan chick be to have to settle for this dude. Mom tryin to cash in on her dead son. Shameful. He would have been better off with his father. This might not have happened if they never put him on the drugs to begin with.
  6. subgenius Member

Funny stuff there.
    How good did he have to be to get $ out of Co$, and for them to fear him so much they didn't want to face him again.
    But I suspect you would disagree.
  7. Anonymous Member

Seems to me he wasn't good enough to carry the case and had to agree to not bother them again. Why would you take that deal unless your back was against the wall? Why is it that attorneys that take on scientology always tend to represent the bottom of the barrel of the legal profession? I mean looking at the record of lawsuits against the Church is like the legal version of a sports blooper show. Complete with zany music!
  8. subgenius Member

Yer killin' me.
    Good stuff.
    You do know you paid money in that case, no?
    Why, if he's such a clown?
    Oh, wait, what?
  9. Anonymous Member

I paid money?
  10. subgenius Member

"You"=the cult you're defending.
    Bye.
  11. Anonymous Member

Lol I'm not defending any cult. What, you can't say something bad about scientology critics without defending a cult? Nice logic.
  12. sheeple Member

Be gone.
  13. Anonymous Member

Oh the irony.
  14. Anonymous Member

Show everyone where in the agreement that it says that.

(And if you can't even spell his name, you probably faked your e-law degree.)
  15. Anonymous Member

That's not how the Federal judge saw it last week. Do keep up.
    Federal judge suspends state judgment against lawyer in dispute with Scientology - St. Petersburg Times

0/10

Also, it's Brennan, not Brannan. Retard.
  16. Anonymous Member

That's what I thought, SG. That, or herroLite, which is a particular pathetic form of FAILfaggotry.
    Or a paid troll, in which case no amount of money could compensate for the level of faggotry exhibited.
  17. Anonymous Member

lol you guys, stop being so easy.
  18. Sponge Member

The Tampa Tribune's take on the recent shenanigans.......
    In court with Scientology
    21st Sept 2010
    In court with Scientology

snippet......
  19. Anonymous Member

But Scientology is a stone bonefides charity according to the IRS, overruling the Supreme Court of the United States! Anyone who says otherwise is a religious bigot, copyright terrorist and illegal lane changer!
  20. Anonymous Member

One Commentor:

"It is bizarre that someone can be fined by one judge for following the ruling of another, especially when the ruling being followed is from a “senior” court. Since I’m not familiar with the workings of the legal machine I will ask this in the following way: It seems BEYOND bizarre that the fines this attorney has levied against him go to the “church.” Is that a common legal practice, to levy a fine and have it go to an organization?

The perception of a conflict of interest or of bias on the part of the judge that handed down the contempt citation and levied the fine is SO easy that HE should be removed from the case. He sounds like HE’S a Scientologist.

and if, as you read the column, that question occurred to YOU ... THAT is sufficient reason for the judge to be removed."
  21. Anonymous Member

Ah, now i get it!
  22. tikk Member

That's a clever way of saying that's it's easy to come up with nefarious reasons for Beach's actions. I'll not go there except to say that there is virtually no basis for the proposition that a settlement agreement between parties can be interpreted to restrict the law practice of the attorney for one of the parties, *even if the agreement explicitly states so*. My guess is that the agreement is far more ambiguous on this point; and to the extent any agreement is open to interpretation, a judge is flatly wrong to choose the interpretation which violates public policy.
  23. Anonymous Member

So, wondering...

Since Beach has perpetrated some truly epic faggotry in this case (Federal verdict was the legal equivalent of STFU & GTFO), does Dandar have any options for redress? Can Beach be sanctioned for being a total muppet (beyond the calls that he recuse himself on grounds of Epic Failure)?

Just wondering...
  24. Anonymous Member

The use of the quote marks is suggestive. I might be wrong, but to me this reeks of having been written by someone who's seen (or heard) the actual text. It would go a fair way to explaining the federal judges words previously (where he said he'd read the deal).

Which remands me, have we had Dandar's response to the cult motion for summary judgement (or was it to strike?)
  25. Sponge Member

The motion to dismiss was denied (July 09), hence the thread title "Judge denies Motions to Dismiss Kyle Brennan Complaint".
    It's the other one, the cult's motion summary judgement, of which we haven't yet heard if there's been any response from Dandar.
    ( See tikk's post here: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...-kyle-brennan-complaint-48106/11/#post1318894 )
  26. tikk Member

New stuff hot off the PACER:

Plaintiff's response to defendant's summary judgment motion [PDF]

Lance Marcor Declaration (in support of plaintiff's response to defendant's summary judgment motion [PDF]

Much of this is interesting, but I'll refrain from commenting until I've had a chance to digest.
  27. tikk Member

Oh, and there's this too:

Federal court's injunction versus Beach and Scientology. [PDF]

:)
  28. RightOn Member

tikk, looking forward to your views after you read it
  29. mirele Member

I'm thinking Judge Merryday had a great time writing this. It's not too often that you see a serious judicial smackdown like this and this is great. I don't think Scn is going to be super happy about the fact that a small portion of the McPherson settlement has now seen the light of day. Additionally, Merryday asks a whole list of questions on pp. 21-22 about issues that are "interesting and provocative." Merryday also questions the need for sealing the court records (not the settlement) in the administration of the McPherson settlement.

"The United States Marshal is DIRECTED TO DELIVER FORTHWITH by hand to state judge Beach a copy of this order."

Oh, I think judge Beach is going to have a restless night!
  30. Anonymous Member

Order from Merryday:

In short: Don't try this again, Beach!
  31. Skeptic1337 Member

It's nice when justice stops turning a blind eye.
  32. sheeple Member

Snip:
    TAMPA - In a rare clash between courts, a federal judge today said he will order a state judge not to interfere with a lawyer's handling of a federal case involving the Church of Scientology.

A visibly irritated U.S. District Judge Steven D. Merryday granted a motion by lawyer Kennan Dandar, who is representing the estate of Kyle Thomas Brennan in a wrongful death suit against the church.

Full story here:
    http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/con...e-state-judge-butt-out-scientology-case/news/
  33. another123 Member

34. Random guy Member

Smart judge is smart, sticking to what is his legal back yard and refusing to enter into a straw-man fight with the cult.
  35. Mitsu Too Member

Oh this is sweet! Can't wait for the son of a Beach's response. This would make for great television. :)
  36. subgenius Member

I will sleep well tonight.
  37. Anonymous Member

Note to scientology lawyers and those in the legal system you "control":

Your Reign of Manipulation is Over. The entire world is on to you and your tactics and the wealthy Scientologists who payrolled you unknowingly have left.

Yes, Miscavige is personally still well bankrolled. Do you think he's gonna spare a dime out of his personal war chest now? Do you not know that he has personal "files" on each and every one of you, and your family?

There's only One way out for any of you, and you know what to do. But time is running out. Do it now or go down with the ship. You Know what to do.
  38. anonhuff Member

Hooray for Ken Dandar, and Kyle Brennan's mother! This is great news indeed.
  39. sheeple Member

40. Anonymous Member

LOL! Beach gets bitch slapped. Nice!