Customize

Fed Judge ENJOINS FL judge in Kyle Brennan Litigation

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by pooks, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

re: Fed Judge ENJOINS FL judge in Kyle Brennan Litigation

Is an agreement like the one Dandar signed even enforceable? It's ridiculous.
    He never should have signed it, but why did the court in the McPherson case even allow it?
  2. Anonymous Member

I didn't see your post before posting. Thanks for the explanation.
  3. Anonymous Member

hey scientology way to get the lisa mcpherson case right back smack in the public eye you stupid fuckers i laugh at you
  4. subgenius Member

another way of saying "Never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake."
    Or even shorter: "Footbullet."
    Evil destroys itself.
    We just help.
  5. Bipolart Member

correct
  6. Anonymous Member

Not just unusual, a "Never Before" oddity of legal situations, which means sci legal gets unwanted attention in general media as well as areas like ABA (American Bar Association).

Idiots. Still don't get it. Miscavige may have a billion $ to pay off his legal scavengers, but doesn't understand that with every single motion in courts, he broadcasts to the world (of potential raw meat) that every single story on the internet about his mafioso tactics is true.
  7. Etain Member

Let me see if I understand this...

Scientology got a closed door agreement in the settlement case of Lisa McPhearson that Dandar, who represented Lisa's family, is to never involve himself in a Scientology-related case ever again?

Um...uh...

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm positive I'm not), but... you can't do that. No one can demand something like that. There are lawyers that specialize in cases against companies for labor violations, factories for illegal dumping of hazardous waste, hospital and nursing home negligence... many lawyers become famous for taking on cases of this type and are hired because they have the expertise dealing with such cases. Case in point; Erin Brockovich. She took on Pacific Gas and Electric because they polluted local drinking water with contaminants and people became ill and even died. She took on the case and won the largest settlement ever paid out in a direct action lawsuit in US history; $333 million... and she didn't even have a proper law degree. Since then she's taking on other such cases regarding environmental pollution and the harms it's caused to countless people.

That's why Kyle Brennan's mother hired Dandar; because he's dealt with Scientology and that's why Scientology wants him removed from the case. Of course I'm probably just preaching to the choir, here.

Do these idiots not realize what they're doing...? oh, wait nevermind. Forgot who I was talking about.

Quite frankly, I can only imagine the settlement that will come out when Scientology collapses, is taken to court and sued for all their worth.
  8. Anonymous Member

And Miscavige and Moxon are finally and justly sent to prison for the rest of their miserable lives.
    Anonymous...helping dreams become reality.
  9. DeathHamster Member

And that's why federal Judge Merryday gives Judge Beach a smack with the cluestick by calling attention to "Because no unlawful interference has occurred (and remains unlikely given the nature of the governing law and the provisions of Rule 4-5.6(b), Rules Regulating The Florida Bar, which have drawn little comment)"

Rule 5.6(b) A lawyer shall not participate in offering or making: (b) an agreement in which a restriction on the lawyer's right to practice is part of the settlement of a client controversy.

There's likely other bits that Judge Merryday thinks are applicable from 4 onwards. Florida Rules of Professional Conduct
  10. Anonymous Member

Conflicting Rulings Put Lawyer Who Agreed to Stop Suing Scientology ‘in a Pickle

Conflicting Rulings Put Lawyer Who Agreed to Stop Suing Scientology ‘in a Pickle’ - News - ABA Journal
  11. Anonymous Member

I assume you have some sort of evidence to support your outlandish claim. Please, share with us.
  12. LarryBren Member

Hot off the press! If successful this motion will lead to all the state/federal conflicting orders being cleared up and the case proceeding:

Plaintiff's Second Emergency Motion for Permanent Injunction -

Something for Miscavige, his OSA flunkies and their low-life attorneys to chew on.

The conflict only exists because of Miscavige's bad faith, the abusive Hubbard policies he follows to avoid justice and to ruin opposition utterly and the existence of low life attorneys willing to do almost anything for organized scientology's blood money. IMO

IMO the number of EXes lined up to help there be justice in this case, and what they can testify about will be overwhelming to organized scientology. Thus they desperately seek to derail justice in any way they can.

Kyle's mother wants justice. While there will never be adequate justice for the loss of her dear son Kyle, there can be a reckoning. And hopefully this motion will help lead to the case going forward and the reckoning approaching.
  13. anonhuff Member

Thank you for posting that link Mr. Brennan, I read it all and it is very strongly worded and I hope that what is asked for within it is granted immediately if not sooner.
  14. Anonymous Member

IANAL. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes in another loop until the State judge actually issues the order discussed as forthcoming in the motion.
  15. tikk Member

Thanks Larry. This motion provides a peek into what went on in state court on Tuesday before Beach, who obviously sided with Scientology again, and indeed, upped the ante. The question now is whether the fed court judge deems Beach's actions as interference, which the Fed judge didn't precisely define. In the most immediate sense, all that occurred Tuesday was the entry of more and severe sanctions against Dandar. The motion hints that Beach gave the green light for a money judgment against Dandar, which, if signed, would seem to be interference, one would think, since having a money judgment entered against you has many immediate and adverse consequences. But it's not yet signed, so the fed judge may hesitate, depending on how legalistic he is. Or he may not hesitate--clearly Beach ignored his Order/warning so why wait? As I said earlier, the state/fed issue is messy, and he likely wants to avoid Going There unless he absolutely has to. As Merryday warned in his Order, it would be unseemly should this conflict flare up into hot inter-jurisdictional court on court action.
  16. LarryBren Member

I always love reading your legal analysis Tikk. Very enlightening.

I guess we will find out the next step soon enough because AFAIK this is being heard tomorrow (Sept 3) at 4pm.
  17. mirele Member

This sentence deserves to be highlighted. Only tikk could take a legal case and make it sound like pr0n. Thanks for the giggle!
  18. re: Fed Judge ENJOINS FL judge in Kyle Brennan Litigation

Kyle Brennan
  19. Sponge Member

Federal judge suspends state judgment against lawyer in dispute with Scientology - St. Petersburg Times | 3rd September 2010

Looks promising.

I lol'd at this bit...
  20. anonhuff Member

21. Anonymous Member

This is definitely moving in the right direction.
    Merryday doesn't sound like he'll stand for becoming a cult stooge.
  22. Anonymous Member

Seems to me like this Dendar cat made an agreement as part of the Lisa Mcphearson settlement and then just blatantly disregarded that when he decided to take on this case. And so it seems to me that he only has himself to blame. Tough shit dude, you knew what you were doing was wrong and now you have to face the consequences. Too bad Ms. Brennan was only able to get this schmuck to take her case. Oh well, I thought the suit was total bullshit to begin with so I don't feel too bad but she should still at least have the chance to present her accusations in court.
  23. Triumph Member

24. anonhuff Member

haha
  25. Locnar Member

26. subgenius Member

wowjustwow
  27. DeathHamster Member

Read it and weep:
  28. subgenius Member

oh to have been in that courtroom
  29. tikk Member

If we can trust that the context of this exchange is being accurately portrayed, this is a really significant aside, since it goes right to the heart of the matter before Beach. Merryday is referring to the same language that Beach saw as a basis to sanction Dandar for not withdrawing, and suggesting that it doesn't prevent Dandar from suing Scientology. Extremely promising.
  30. RightOn Member

thanks tikk,
    this makes me smile
  31. Anonymous Member

That's not going to do much to make up for just how flimsy and overly broad the accusations are. Just sayin.
  32. tikk Member

Perhaps you can just enlighten us on why it hasn't been dismissed then.
  33. Anonymous Member

Thanks buckets tikk.

I always look forward to you input on legal matters. And I like this input very much!
  34. Anonymous Member

Because it's not so flimsy that it shouldn't at least be heard. You're the lawyer sweetheart. I'm sure you know that there is a difference between legal conceptions of groundlessness and colloquial conceptions of the same. Any other questions?
  35. Anon99 Member

So it's just sort of flimsy? Interesting concept. Guess the judge didn't quite see it that way did he?
  36. Anonymous Member

Read my statement again. Think about it for a little bit. Don't worry, you'll get it eventually. Mocking up a clay demo may help.
  37. anonhuff Member

So then what are the colloquial reasons that this case which has survived being dismissed on legal grounds, should be dismissed (what?)?

You don't have to answer like a lawyer since clearly you aren't arguing that it should be dismissed on legal grounds, because it has not.
  38. Scatman Member

You mean fall for the con of scientology eventually?
    Hubbard's clay demos might "help" brainwash some, but not all.
    Scientology is fail.
  39. Anonymous Member

I was the one who made the earlier post saying that even though I think it's bullshit I still think it deserves to be heard in court and given fair consideration by a judge. So I don't think it should be dismissed. Even though I personally think it's bullshit, it must be judged according to our system of justice, not my personal opinions.
  40. Anonymous Member

Scientology works, and it helps people.