Customize

February 9th 2013 -- Manchester

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Profanity, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Profanity Member

Currently tripping balls off medicine so just deal with the trainwreck this post will probably be. This gif pretty much sums up the raid, with Scientology on the left and Anonymous on the right:

tumblr_mhn739RLSE1ql2603o1_250.gif

Anyway, so people were on time, which stunned me. And there were more of us than usual. We had another ginger, and Eight had finally succumbed to gingeritus and showed visible spreading of the disease through his facial hair. Grand total for gingers was two and a half. But one was a long lost oldfag, so that was nice.

Off we rolled with the troll cannon in full blast, only for it to cut out midway while Strobe half heartedly tried to fix it at the traffic lights.

Just as we were setting up, Tony arrived! For those of you that don't know about Tony, his daughter, Becky, has recently been pulled back into the cult. Tony tried to say hello to Sam, and Sam essentially panicked and barricaded the door shut, all the while putting on a mean poker face.

There was lots of honking (which we left to the newfags), and lots of cake (provided by an oldfag and another lady who I will get to in a moment), lots of newfags, including a blind Anon who decided to turn up, kindly guided by White. Dancing, music (which I finally got to bitch about alongside everyone else), a mini honk train, and maaaaany many leaflets. We also had a nice chat with the Irish Anons over the phone, when suddenly...

WILD CAKE LADY APPEARED.

WILD CAKE LADY USED DRIVE-BY CAKE PELT.

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE.

A woman dressed in a metal studded leather bra drove past five or six times, leaned out of the car window, and threw plastic wrapped cake at us, followed with cries of 'FOR MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!' and 'LET THEM EAT CAKE!' White even managed to sneak a couple of hugs in.

Basically, the best thing to ever happen to use at a raid. Ever.

Finally, Strobe's speaker cut out for no reason, and we decided to go to the pub. Oddly enough, no one had mentioned the pub until it cut out. I wonder what we're missing...

Lots of Pokemon talk, Missingno, Oak, Gary Oak, Metapod used Harden, etc. Food. Drink. Laughs and talk and a brief political debate about gun laws (I have no idea why) and a discussion about setting up our own scouse colony in Africa.

All in all, excellent turn out, excellent raid, and awesome post-raid. I hope some of the newbies (and returning oldfags) will be back next month.

Prof out.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

Not a train wreck at all, lovely report! Thank you love wild cake lady!
    • Like Like x 4
  3. wolfbane Member

WILD CAKE LADY FTW!!!

The bar for caek games haz been raised.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. moarxenu Member

Sounds great! Looking forward to pix and vids. btw Chuck Norris gave a soul to a ginger.
  5. getbeckyout Member

Good call pro, pro. Xx
    • Like Like x 2
  6. strobe Member

Also raisins. Why raisins, you ask?

• Like Like x 3
  7. novu Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    8477925058_58e9f94f2b_c.jpg
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Here’s Sam on the phone (to the police?)
    [IMG]
    Two community support officers arrive, and then leave without even talking to us
    [IMG]
    MOAR

Thanks to Prof for the loan of her brand new, never before used camera :)
    • Like Like x 6
  8. novu Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  9. strobe Member

Tony amused at Sam's chosen method of confronting and shattering suppression. (Sam is our local OSA/PR guy)
    [IMG]

Sam actually filming Tony drive off down the street on his iPhone.
    [IMG]

It begins.
    [IMG]

We came armed with legal info, so the banner was back in action.
    [IMG]

Just a view of the protest past the front of the Org.
    [IMG]

But wait!
    [IMG]

Seriously, Sam was watching the protest for ages. And when it wasn't him, it was the woman who I'm told works on reception. Just... watching.

We sent out a pretty clear message.
    8471402697_eabfbe00a2_b.jpg

... at every opportunity
    [IMG]

Some fags made a welcome return
    [IMG]

... while the newfags did a sterling job. While unusual, some of the flyering tactics proved surprisingly effective.
    [IMG]

Not sure whether this guy is finding us or the cult more confusing...
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 6
  10. strobe Member

Highly admirable commitment.
    [IMG]

Newfags doing all the work it seems
    8472500220_b663a99194_b.jpg

St Anon Street
    8471406427_da00b85d30_b.jpg

Fairly sure this was a thumbs up, rather than just a 'meh'.
    [IMG]

An old comrade dropped by and left us some goodies. This among them.
    [IMG]

At which point we all played 'drop the banner' until someone was willing to hold it
    [IMG]

Skull
    [IMG]

Never buy cheap masking tape
    [IMG]

Nothing is going to stop you learning about Scientology! Definitely not an oncoming taxi.
    [IMG]

Scientology has competition. Triology: far more affordable, makes just as much sense and we don't even make you shout at ashtrays.
    [IMG]

I don't have a caption for this.
    [IMG]

We may have lost a few people on the way to the post-raid pic, but dragged the erm, new oldfags (?) to the pub.
    [IMG]

Moar here too

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Profanity Member

Shit, I knew I'd forgotten something! Yeah, Wild Cake Lady also threw raisins at us shouting "we're RAISIN awareness!"

And you're very welcome, Novu~
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Now I'm really gutted I missed this protest, It really did look quite amazing, And the picture of Sam's sad side face is hilarious!
  14. A.O.T.F Member

[IMG]

Poetry in Motion - Awesome!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. strobe Member

Incidentally, for anyone wondering why that Scientology Hurts Families sign looks so battered...
    ... here's a photo from 2008:
    [IMG]

(And it's been in use ever since.)
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

I think I was explaining thetans to him.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

Wow! - Manchester setting a standard - brilliant signs! There's no way anyone passing could not understand why you were all there! Great work.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Oh, you'd be surprised...
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Fuckeye Member

I'm so disappointed in some of you right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. getbeckyout Member

• Like Like x 3
  22. EmptyField Member

"Oh all the newfags were doing the honk thing and that one ancientfag turned up.."

NO.

Came back after five fucking years and I was on HONK! detail. Jesus.
    I loved every second of it and I'll see you guys at the next one because I love you all so very huggy wuggy much.

Oh, and I got the police to honk at one point.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  24. Great scott, I'm not the only anon with time travel capabilities!
  25. EmptyField Member

I'm going to have to make signs regarding the Planet of Soviet Pirates (who can also travel in time).
  26. Nobody. Member

"We may have lost a few people on the way to the post-raid pic, but dragged the erm, new oldfags (?) to the pub"
    -Due to a certain faggot stealing stuff from me.