Customize

February 12th, Manchester, UK - 3rd Anoniversary

Discussion in 'Europe' started by strobe, Jan 9, 2011.

1. strobe Member

Okay, so we're going to make this one epic. It'll be three years since the worldwide (and Manchester) IRL protests began.

Tell everyone, bring cake and friends, and party hard.
    Get in touch with people who haven't been in a while.
    Been lurking a while? This'll be an awesome first protest.
    We've suggested arranging something special for the post-raid (obviously by PMs etc., keep any post-raid locations off the public forum.)

manchestermeet.jpg

Google Map

Saturday 12th February 2011

The coffee cup is the meet-up place at 10:45 near Starbucks. 133 Deansgate, M3 3WR. Try and be there on time.
    There may also be an optional meet-up in Picadilly Station (the cocktail glass) from 10:00 leaving at about 10:30 to join the other anons at the main meet-up point.

The volcano is the Scientology org to which we will proceed at about 11:00. 258 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4BG
    The camera is where we do the post-raid photo, after which it's off to the pub.

Here are street views of the meet up point and the protest point.
    New anons are always very welcome.

The main thing is to be there. You can also help by bringing fliers, signs, cake, megaphones, cameras, friends and lulz.

February in Manchester - bringing warm clothes (esp. gloves) recommended, and be prepared incase it rains.

Remember you can direct any potential new recruits to our website: Down With The Org - Anonymous Protests Against Scientology Manchester

That's the basics, the rest's up to you... Get planning!

EDIT: Also, CLICK ATTEND HERE

(/leaderfag)
  2. Grimlock Member

oh strobe you will never /leaderfag and thats why we love you.

In all seriousness pack your party bags 'people' because this one is going to be a large one. Maybe Oro will turn up as I miss the way he holds me.

I will need crash space or directing to a moderately priced hotel.

/r/ing HUGE Safety Dance from everyone
  3. getbeckyout Member

3 Years of protesting this cult, time flys. We will be there in force to support anonymous and to help get the message over to the World.
    Scientology is a dangerous organisation, members are not aware of what they are involved in, until there bank accounts are dry.
    Disconnection and fairgame are still policy's within the cult.

Should any family loose a loved one to this cult by LRH's disconnection policy then go to the media or post on this site and I guarantee before the story gets published the disconected
    Family member will be instructed / handled to return to the fold.

This is one of the many reasons why we protest, to bring family's back together.

As strobe states we all need to make that extra push for Feb as its our 3 Year aniversary.

We will be protesting along side you.
  4. Space Whale Member

Will try and be there this time hopefully I won't fall ill
    Maybe I should bring extra doughnuts for such an occassion?
  5. Profanity Member

Bring bacon doughnuts.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. strobe Member

I would say bring cheese toastie doughnuts, but that's more like a bagel.. So doughnuts with extra doughnuts gets my vote.

I'll be bringing the Trollcannon and promise to bring the tunes this time. So get your music /r/equests in nice and early (preferrably with a youtube). Playlist lasts longer than the raid already and will just be on shuffle, can't guarantee what will get played on the day and can't take requests on the day as it resets the shuffle. If you're still desperate to hear a song come the last ~20 minutes or so I'll see what I can do. Anyone is welcome and encouraged to use the microphone, but no swearing, nothing about individual Scientologists and generally be sensible.

Be good to have you along as always, Tony. I'll take the opportunity to point out anyone is welcome at our protests. Concerned parents of Scientologists, Ex-Scientologists, disconnected family/friends, Old Guard, etc. all welcome - We're all fighting the same thing here.

And any curious Scientologists who might be lurking, come and talk to us (and witness how quickly the org staff try and stop you). We'll be friendly and share our cake; we are not against you or your beliefs, simply the abuses of the organisation 'Church of Scientology'. Your doubts are valid.
  7. loltology Member

Grim - Pmd Hotel details
    Tony - Which route do you take to get into town, M56 or through Altrincham and Sale (ManchesterRoad)? I may convoy up with you.
  8. There was a Manchester protest against the cult in January 2008, actually... while most of the world's concerned citizenry was still confining itself to prank calls, bogus pizza deliveries and black faxes. Sure, it was an OG thing, but I still think that the protest scene in Manchester will always be that little bit cooler than everywhere else in the UK, because they led the way.

Manchester for the win.
  9. strobe Member

FIFY.

(But yeah, much respect for the OG)
  10. Space Whale Member

trust me if I could I would get hold of those :p
  11. veravendetter Member

12. Fuckeye Member

Fuck yeah, epic post game.

Oh, and I suppose the raid too. Seconding crash space req.
  13. getbeckyout Member

Hi my friend, sorry i only said a quick hello in Picky's as we were starving and then got stuck to our beer glasses. I hope to be back at the water hole this Saturday or even Friday with my Son.
    I can pick you up for the Feb Protest or meet up with you to go in convoy from Altrincham , Sale or where is best for you.
    Sue wants to come as she misses Sam and R Bromley (ot 8) lol.

PM me with your mobile if you wish, i will pm my no now.
  14. Skull Member

Will be in attendance, also trying to bring back an Oldfag and a new fag to boot. no promises.
  15. getbeckyout Member

I will try for Gleeb, Wok and kitt.
  16. moomin Member

Apologies for not making last months raid, I will definately be in attendance for Februrary tho!! :D
  17. Skull Member

ahhh Tony if you could get Gleeb and Wok back that would be amazing, not seen them in actually years. and if they come back raids get more awesome all together.
  18. getbeckyout Member

Should not be a problem as I think they like free beer I will phone my good friend Dr Chris Doyle as well. My Sue is up for the raid as well, I did not need to ask either. I think I may make a YouTube vid to get my subscribers to help out.
  19. Fuckeye Member

wok dropped by last time I was up there. November, I think?
    • Like Like x 1
  20. strobe Member

I'm liking the sound of this already.

Yeah, Wok turned up for a bit in November.

Tony - have you heard from Neil at all? Haven't seen him in a while.
  21. Skull Member

If he was i missed him entirely :confused:, although i may be thinking of someone who isnt Wok and Wok is just a familiar name.. ahh whatev's.

Moar Honking Needed
    Moar Cake Needed
    Moar Grimlock Wanted.
  22. Profanity Member

Hopefully I can try and make a proper sign for this time around. "Scientology. We're kinda against it." with much colour and sparkles so that maybe the public will get that we rather don't like the cult.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. getbeckyout Member

No, but I will phone Neil as well, I think a recruitment vid as mentioned should help.

Manchester Anons uncle Sam wants you.

Neil you read these, we have to think hard about your Pics, so get your ass down for the Feb raid and you will get fags and hugs for free.
    Fags I mean as cigs, before I get told off again.
  24. Skull Member

Can i /r/ this as my one and only /r/ for the year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-DVyvj0mtY ?

if this got played on Deansgate.. i would be headbanging and rofling sooooo much.
  25. loltology Member

Thumbs up for this idea, I however wouldnt know where to start so I volunteer strobe has his skillz are l33t
  26. loltology Member

New fag here just realised Lisa Mcpherson was actually born Feb 10th... thats very faggish of me!
  27. strobe Member

Last time I looked he was still in charge of #manchester, if that helps.
    Well Scientologists do go for gold and sparkly things, if their promotional DVDs are to be believed.
    Sam Butler on the other hand...
    ...Can I ask the audience?
    I think Tony meant he'd be making one. Which is a good idea as he has over 9000 subscribers. Well, 793.
  28. strobe Member

Although actually, I've just had an incredible idea for one. If I get time I might make one as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Profanity Member

Go go leaderfag!
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Skull Member

Poster idea:

We Want You
    *trollface*
    To Honk
  31. Profanity Member

I kinda like that idea. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  32. OroMatoko Member

I'll be there, I'll bring loads of fliers too finally got my printer and inks yay! Can't post raid much because Inferno will kick my ass if I come home wankered lol

EDIT: Oh I can offer a sofa bed to Grimlock (but you'll have to be prepared for occasional newborn baby crying in the other room lol) it's 5min walk from a metrolink station etc =)
  33. Gomez Member

I'm ragequiting right now if someone confirms that there's no post-anonymously option on here.
  34. Skull Member

Bye Gomez :D
  35. strobe Member

Just open a couple of new accounts ;)
  36. Fuckeye Member

Post anon took a backseat on the list of things they had to do with the changeover. It's on the list of things to do, apparently.
  37. loltology Member

By way of desciption (new baby and living near a metro) Im presuming your the chap I dropped off. *waves*
  38. OroMatoko Member

Yep that's me =P

Thanks for the lift again mate! You coming to this protest too and if so is the Blobby costume making an appearance? hahaha
  39. Profanity Member

They sacrificed post anon for Facebook links?

*facepalm*
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Fuckeye Member