Customize

[False Alarm]Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by lulznw, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenuLovesU Member

Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

I'll give you this much: you're tenacious and hungry for a win. That's admirable.

Just a couple of suggestions that might make life easier (for everyone):

- If you find something oddball going on, hold off on the "this is fact!" stuff and instead present your evidence in a thread and invite people to come on in and look it over and give their opinions about it -- especially before telling everyone REPORT THIS!!! I think you'll find a lot of people here will be happy to help you analyze things.

- Don't assume criticism (even HARSH criticism) immediately = OMG SCILON SPAIS SHUT THEM UP AND BAN THEM NAO! *listen* *discuss* Debate ONE point at a time. You sorta took a fire hose approach with presenting and arguing your ideas on this one... and that turns into a cat-fight pretty quick around here.
  2. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

good points. we're a "pics or gtfo" group. that's hard for newer people to understand.

i think we did some awesome research and analysis here. unfortunately, the facts bore that this was false.

It happens. not every leak will pan out.
  3. thing1 Member

scientology.org was a CNAME DNS record for scientology.com until recently. Think of it as an alias.
  4. Vir Member

So when is the OP getting updated? Any time soon?

Has reverse harpoons been sent out to the media contacts which were talked about?
  5. lulznw Member

Vir,

The original post is updated saying that there is only suspicious activity and that more hard evidence needs to be researched.

No : Don't ever trust our information again we messed up post needs to be given because we had valid points and concerns.
  6. XenuLovesU Member

*sigh*

/r/ mod update the OP to reflect this was a false alarm so the press doesn't have to wade through a bizillion pages to reach the same conclusion we did.

+thread lock

Outta here, really, this time. (fingers crossed)
  7. anyjane Member

Another vote for update on OP.
  8. An0nYm0use Member

Re: URGENT NEWS! Scientology Operates Illegal Drug Selling Site - GetWellRX

i would say that that is suspicious. screen shoot your cached file
  9. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

^this. DO IT FAGGOT!
  10. DeathHamster Member

That's not what Wayback and I were seeing.
    Internet Archive Wayback Machine
  11. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

I think he said scientology.org was a cname for scientology.com. Thus, what you're seeing on wayback machine is correct. Now look at scientology.org.

but it doesn't make sense. scientology.com goes back to 99, scientology.org goes back to 96.

Hmm...
  12. thing1 Member

scientology.com
    Updated Date: 27-feb-2008
    Creation Date: 23-mar-1995
    Expiration Date: 24-mar-2009
    The domain name existed before scientology.org was created.
  13. momISanon Member

Don't know what's what in this thread.....but this is what I was talking about, earlier, about online busts. I'll leave the searching to the smart anonymii.

Congressional Testimony, 05/16/07
  14. anon2487 Member

This.
  15. Lrononymous Member

Re: [False Alarm]Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

Lock this shit. Loosen the tin foil. Welcome to the internet. Don't do the god damn call outs, talk to a mod or something if you need to. Remember this, scilons have come on this site and posted vehemently about some new project that 'we' should do. When they were met with honest questioning, they started calling long time members " scilon spais" and other crap like that. The knife cuts both ways.
    The lesson, lurk moar. Listen to what people say. don't be so eager to make assumptions and consider them proof.

<3-scilon freek
  16. Mousey Member

Re: [False Alarm]Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

Update the OP with a D, ISC. I'm locking this heah thread.
  17. AnonKiwi Member

Updated OP with that nice disclaimer paragraph.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.