Customize

[False Alarm]Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by lulznw, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lulznw Member

Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

XenuLovesU,

I know what a WHOIS information is and I posted it.

Was my WHOIS information wrong? Answer that.
  2. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

deathhamster, can you find this out?
  3. anophalus Member

it would also be massive if any of the doctors in this article can be matched up with a sci connection: News from DEA,Domestic Field Divisions, Caribbean News Releases, 01/29/07

Those arrested (location of arrest) as part of DEA’s Operation Click4Drugs are:

* Dr. Alfred VALDIVIESO-Rodriguez (Tampa, Florida)
    * Dr. Juan A. TOSADO-Polanco (Santa Isabel, PR)
    * Blanca I. PLAZA-Rodriguez (Dorado, PR)
    * Maileen LUGO-Torres (Cabo Rojo, PR)
    * Abelardo E. LECOMPTE-Torres (Ponce, PR)
    * Norberto J. SEDA-Olmo (Parma Heights, Ohio)
    * Juan M. RAMOS-Gonzalez (Houston, Texas)

at least one of them has reportedly been linked to getwellrx.com, ImageShack - Hosting :: 31535098gb4.jpg so it would be a de-facto connection if one of these doctors is/was in business with the cult.

edit, found the "reportedly linked with getwellrx.com" guy. It's Norberto.
    13318296aw9.th.jpg
    of course this doesn't really mean much... we basically know nothing about any of them currently.
  4. blizter Member

lulznw sounds like a raging kid to me and I dislike this =(
  5. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

it's obvious he doesn't. however, from deathhampster's post it looks like we should be able to settle this by determining if either of those sites pointed to the address 72.52.6.28 back in June of 2006.

If they didn't, it's fail with zero doubt. If they did, it's win.
  6. core Member

It was rash of me to say that I confirmed it as valid; I did just get off of a 5 day bender. At the very least, it IS strange for a scam website to be on a prolexic netblock, but it is very possibly (perhaps, likely) a case of stale DNS. I'm not going to make any decision one way or another (though I'm leaning towards out-of-date DNS), but the discussion was interesting at least.

And yes, I do work in the IT Industry!
  7. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

not a problem. it looked good on cursory glance.

the reason I'm insistent about checking out those IP's from that date is that it is possible that at one time they did reside on the same server (i'm not going to quote odds). the host information for 72.52.6.28 was changed on the 13th, so the location could have been changed... or whatnot. Lots of possibilities.

tldr: let's check if 72.52.6.28 popped up in scientology sites june of 2006.
  8. lulznw Member

FacePalm. :)
  9. apownymous Member

I understand your concern, but you're starting to come off like youre just TRYING to look for ANYTHING linked to Scientology, in any way, by any name.
  10. blizter Member

*facepalm
  11. lulznw Member

12. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

Prolexic takes Scn money but has little respect for them, we know this....

'hey, let's give them those old drug company IP's, ha ha ha!'
  13. Vir Member

Not if Scientology only got Prolexic this year. Prolexic has had the IP range since at least 2005.

Case closed. :selleck:

29hnvs.jpg
  14. Vir Member

15. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

ahh, that was what I was missing.

thanks.

Lulzn, please update OP. I'm sorry man, this myth is busted.

There are media contacts coming to this. They need tldr version. Or mod and then lock it. PLOX.
  16. lulznw Member

Updated OP with latest research including that there isn't enough evidence for the first claim but there is more evidence for the new bank claim.

Reason Important: They process payments for Scientology servers and the % goes back to Scientology owner's private funds aka tax fraud.
  17. AnonKiwi Member

Start a new thread on your banking stuff. This one is dead by the looks of it.

And it will give you a chance to redeem yourself somewhat.
  18. anyjane Member

Actually the bank seems pretty open about the relationship. Or at least that their management are Hubbard College graduates.

UMS Banking - Senior Management

(y'all may or may not want to proxy up, idk)
  19. Vir Member

Since some poor sod is sending media to this present can it plz be

- Keep the thread out of the thunderdome - we don't want media to be feasting on Selleck.

- Update the OP to point out that this is just a subtlety of internet technology which is not readily apparent to all users? And that we're sorry for any inconvenience?

- And remove the bank stuff. It deserves its own thread. Maybe.
  20. thing1 Member

Site report for www.scientology.com

3509 Oak Lawn Ave DALLAS TX US 75219 69.41.161.53 Linux Resin/3.0.25 19-Jan-2008
    BAM!!!
    Now can we move on to something more interesting.

Side note: Fake web drug companies are not scientology's style. Considering they are extreamly high risk and the DEA, FBI and FDA crack down on sites like this on a continuous bases.
  21. lulznw Member

Thing1,

But the FBI don't care about bombs, murders, harassing, cutting tires and breaks, ect?
  22. orly Member

Around page 5/6 of the thread, I did look up a lot of the stuff, posted things I noticed.

Prolexic hosted getwellrxbackup.com (not on same server as a sci site), getwellrx.com, numberonemeds.com and live-rx.com. These are all in A.B.C.*; I don't know what that means, but I DO know that all the other sci sites on A.B.D.* and A.E.F.* did NOT have drug sites on them.

I also looked up some of the old IPs for the CoS Int'l (the ones they've owned), and saw that some Ip-addresses had domains registered to them that were now being hosted by Prolexic (I'm assuming either it didn't update, didn't change, or whatever, on the site I used to look it up). I manually looked through those, and while I saw sites that were hosted on the same box as the drugs from PROLEXIC'S SERVER, the sites were NOT hosted from CoS Int'l's server on that same IP. As in, prolexic had SciA-F + drugA registered, while CoS Int'l would have SciA-C on one IP address, and SciD-F on another, all registered, but I was unable to find drugA or any other drug sites.

New thread for UMS banking, plox? Looks moar newsworthy than this, now that we've eaten and spit it out.
  23. lulznw Member

anyjane,

the point is yes it is obvious of the connection and not hidden but whats new is the fact that Scientology High Ranking Members get a % for PERSONAL use when people buy dianetics books and courses with credit cards, that adds up to a lot of money, what better way to sneak money out of your monitored funds? Oh, it's just the merchent fee.

Without mentioning oh and all the merchents are ours.
  24. Vir Member

Yes go for the money and commissions and circular buy-back of services and general revenue-generating corruption. THAT is interesting. Can you clean the bank stuff out of the OP and say that this most likely - on the word of several networking experts - is a totally false alarm caused by the intricacies of internet technology, caching and forwarding?
  25. AnonKiwi Member

Lulznw, can you update the OP as per Vir's suggestions? I think they're good one. And plop a banking research thread somewhere (not breaking news tho I figure).
  26. lulznw Member

Yes, I'll update OP again and already made a new post but will update it with even more research now.
  27. anyjane Member

Just trying to save people's time looking for a connection since it's on their own site, that's all.
  28. DeathHamster Member

I'm checking my easily-checked archives...

In 07/30/2004:
    volunteerministers.org 205.180.15.176
    scientologyhandbook.org 198.95.10.61

Here's the change-over to Prolexic:
    01/24/2008:
    volunteerministers.org 72.52.6.28 from 198.77.155.20
    scientologyhandbook.org 72.52.6.28 from 198.77.154.74
  29. anophalus Member

you realize that's ".com", right? am i missing something that is relevant outside of scientology.org?
  30. orly Member

volunteerministers.org 205.180.15.176
    scientologyhandbook.org 198.95.10.61

I think those are CoS Int'l owned domains, which sounds about right if they're unrelated to the drug thing.

Company Report

The business itself isn't doing anything noticably wrong/illegal, apparently, by the way. That is, not to its customers, and they're not hiding the Scientology connection or being deceptive about it, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: They own the .com (or one of their members does); it redirects to the .org page

Host scientology.net.is.not.hosted.here.anymore
    Location US US, United States
    City Dallas, TX 75204

Whois - IP Address - Domain Name Lookup
  31. lulznw Member

orly,

I am researching to find out if Scientology's merchant processed ANY payments for these drug sites.
  32. DeathHamster Member

33. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

hey good catch. wish we had those two three pages ago.
  34. orly Member

Duuuude, it's not the drug sites. But by all means, make sure of that, just in case. :D
  35. Vir Member

False. They used the same IP in the PAST. Scienotlogy is only borrowing the IP from Prolexic.

0%? SOUNDS LIKE 100% TO ME
    YouTube - 300 Gurren Lagann trailer AMV

If they are former clients who bought protection for a bunch of domain names some years ago, and scientology comes along and buys protection for a bunch of domain names in 2008 it sounds very probable indeed that they'd get the same IP numbers.

I think a mod will have to fix the OP for you. I don't think you're unwilling to fix things, I just don't think you know the subject.
  36. lulznw Member

It's over 9000!

I'm still researching now if those drug sites ever used a Scientology owned bank but I am moving up to other things mostly.
  37. thing1 Member

scientology.org was first created in 1996 but was never updated until this year. The actual web site popped up this year when they created that lame video site. Also the site has only used a Prolexic IP address.
  38. Vir Member

Still waiting for you to fix the OP
  39. Re: Illegal Drug Selling Site GetWellRX - Possible ties to Scientology

Lulznw: PLEASE! WE SETTLED THIS. CONNECTION IS FALSE. ALL OF THE NETWORK TECHNICIANS HERE CAME TO A CONSENSUS, WE SAW ALL THE DATA. THE OP IS MISLEADING.

IT NEEDS TO READ:

"After careful examination of the evidence, it turns out that any connection between getwellrx.com and scientology was an illusion created by out of date domain name records of the domain host that getwellrx.com used. It appears that getwellrx.com used prolexic in the past as 72.52.6.28 is owned by them, but that the original domain owner of getwellrx.com never cancelled the account nor did he relink the account to an ip address that he controlled. We appologize for the misunderstanding."

It needs to read this at the very top.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding brash or offensive, but we have collected all the data, answered all the questions.

You were reading the whois info wrong, and copying security certificates is not hard. It's almost as if someone was trying to set this up for fail, and frame a connection.

So please update the OP so that there is NO QUESTION as to the current status.

Thanks.
  40. DeathHamster Member

Huh?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.