Customize

Faces of Basiji

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by dom_perignon, Jun 21, 2009.

1. dom_perignon Member

2. Excellent!!!!!

3. Reposting from What Can We Do in America Forum:

Secret police systems only work if the plain-clothes officers can remain unknown. Real terrible abuses, like shooting civilians in a crowd, can only remain feasible if there is no concern about retribution. By creating a resource for Iranians to identify secret police members, you reduce the feasibility of violence on the part of the secret police. That's something that you can do from America and would reduce violence and save lives in Iran.

All you're doing is providing the same resources for the protesters as already exist for the security apparatus. You can damn sure guarantee that the secret police are compiling a database of protester images, return the favor and help people to identify infiltrators and killers.
  4. Tony C Member

"Iran's Most Wanted"

Good job.
  5. Da Sandmastah Member

This is delicious!
  6. Junius Member

This has inspired me to create a blog about ID'ing the Basiji.

http://idthebasiji.blogspot.com

Spread the word in the hopes that we can get these perpetrators.
  7. gigabyte72 Member

This is great! I will add your blog link to my page.
  8. Junius Member

Any promotion is good promotion.
  9. I recognize some of the faces as protesters at the new site:
    ??? ?????????? ?? ????? ????

What about putting up a site of Basiji faces too?

10. Dude last row first photo on left has been doxed here and on a blog in Iran. See thread about doxing Basiji which for some odd reason got moved to off topic. Links to his ID in OP.
  11. They are toasted!

Don't rush. You are toasted!
  12. Junius Member

Check out the site I have posted in my signature. I need people's help with this
  13. ech0 Member

I just want to remind everyone that even though they are pictures of Basiji, it doesn't necessarily mean that those individuals have harmed anyone.

Or what if someone is listed who is not a Basiji & gets harmed?

I think it needs to be made clear that these pictures & identification should be for public shaming purposes only & that harming these Basiji would only serve to give the current Iranian government an excuse to beat, harass or kill more of their citizens.

@Junius - Nice blog website. I noticed you wrote in one of your blog postings that you do not support harming these individuals. For a listing like this, I think you need to post the 'Do Not Harm' message more prominently & at the top of you blog.

Note to anyone unfamiliar with the Basiji: they are not the police & they are not the military. These are armed militias who are beating & killing the protesters. Watch the videos & read the reports.
  14. Junius Member

Thanks for the info ech0. I'll be posting a sticky there.
  15. If you can get close-ups of faces from videos or photos.........please do so but also post the photo it's taken from so it's documented as Basiji or someone beating unarmed people. This will shame them when it's seen by their neighbors, family, etc:.

Basji, Revolutioinary Guards......your choice, murder people or freedom. Lay down your arms.

If Ahmedadjad wins, you continue murdering your people. If Mousavi wins, what happens to you??? Throw down your arms. CHOOSE FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Junius Member

Thank you.

Also, get pictures if you can do it safely. Your life is too precious in the pursuit of a photograph or video. If you can get a photo and get away, great. Otherwise, do not put your life at risk. More opportunities will present themselves as the government show their true colors.
  17. Can somebody blow up his face a little so we can see it better? Be sure to keep original photo with it too. TY.

Basji, Rev Guards......your choice, murder people or freedom. Lay down your arms.

Basji, Rev Guards, if Ahmadjad wins, you continue murdering. If Mosavi wins, what happens to you? Lay down your arms. CHOOSE FREEDOM!
    Khamenei, why choose ahmadjad when your people choose Mousavi? Dump Ahmadjad & make $$$ from tourists, We love your people.

18. Documenting their offenses is as important as IDing them. However, there is NO good reason to enter into a non-uniformed paramilitary organization. They do it because they're bullies and thugs, even if there's no photographic evidence of the activity. Trust in the Iranian people to respond accordingly and trust that shared guild will discourage participation in this kind of organization.

I think there should be stricter limits as far as uniformed soldiers, though. Of course you should post pictures of abuses, but remember that uniformed Revolutionary Guardsmen have reacted with decency and appreciation when protesters have helped them, and that's because you've got a lot of honorable and decent folk who join the military.

The Basiji, on the other hand, should be fair game wherever you can find them.
  19. While we are at it, why not gather info about people working for Sepah? I mean, everyone knows which one of their neighbors who's working for Sepah?

Anything (harmlessly) to unsettle those traitors...
  20. How about some graffiti?

Basji, Revolutionary Guards......your choice, murder people or freedom. Lay down your arms. CHOOSE FREEDOM.

Basji, Revolutionary Guards, if Ahmadjad wins, you continue murdering. If Mosavi wins, what happens to you? Lay down your arms. CHOOSE FREEDOM!

Ask your mother or your wife, should you continue shooting your people or choose freedom?

Khamenei, why choose Ahmadjad when your people choose Mousavi? Dump Ahmadjad & make $$$ from tourists, We love your people.

21. Junius Member

Thank you all for your pictures. Spread the blog around to Iranians. If they know any of these men, they can e-mail me the names of any of them and I'll post them. The Basiji cannot remain faceless.

Also, if you have a photo of a member of the Basiji and know the name, send it over to me. You will remain anonymous.
  22. dr3k-IRAN Member

23. Get the word out

Excellent job - will continue to contribute and link to your site. I am putting links on twitter
  24. Junius Member

Thank you. The more people we have, the better. If you have photos of these thugs, send them over and I will post them up.
  25. Ugly MoFu

That is one hell of a close up man - good job. He looks more evil close up than from far!!!
  26. Expose the Mother Efers!

What is your email bro? I have a few pictures to contribute.
  27. Junius Member

28. Junius Member

New pictures are up of the Basiji. I cannot confirm if they are from today. Send out the message to people everywhere and see if we know anybody.
  29. The Iran Mapping project is interested in recruiting you guys to geotag any photos of basij milita.

The reason is since by triangulating multiple video of death and beatings, we can perhaps locate which basij committed which offense and create a legal document for prosecution if possible.

In addition we may discover the tactics or new perpetrators of these murders(maybe who even shot nada, by working out the direction of the shot from where nada fell).

To respond

go to http://iran.whyweprotest.net/resources/1659-iranmap-googlemap-mashup-project-stickyplease.html

and say that you can help in adding markers.

and call Langworth to contact you and give you instruction how to help with ttnb.org

Sincerely,
    AIC
    Anonymous Intelligence Collective
  30. Not sure if this is true.

It is supposed to be another site used to identify protesters. Could someone who knows how to read this please verify or ...deny the claim please.

Thank you

http://www.gerdab.ir/fa/pages/?cid=407
  31. baghalizer Member

This site is related to Revolutionery Gaurians (Sepah).
  32. Irans New Shah

Khamenei: Is Not An Ayatollah...
    But He Is A SHAH !!!
    People in Iran should start calling him Shah Khamenei.
  33. ارتش

به شما چه اتفاقی می افتد هنگامی که رژیم می افتد؟ ما عکس شما را. میبینیم ضرب و شتم و به شما تیراندازی غیر مسلح و دانشجویان ، زنان و مردان قدیمی. وضع کردن اسلحه خود را. آزادی را انتخاب کنید به جای قتل مردم خود.

و حتی برخی از ژنرالها شما امتناع سفارشات. سوال من دوباره ، چه رخ می دهد تا زمانی که شما بیش از Rafsani طول می کشد؟ ما عکس شما را به شما خواهد شد و تقاضا برای قتل و ضرب و شتم مردم حساب شما. آزادی را انتخاب کنید.

MESSAGE TO BASIJI, REVOLUTIONARY GUARD, ARMY

What happens to you when the regime falls? We have your photos. We see you shooting and beating unarmed students, women and old men. Lay down your arms. Choose freedom instead of murdering your own people.

Even some of your Generals are refusing orders. I ask again, what happens to you when Rafsani takes over? We have your photos and will demand you account for killing and beating your people. CHOOSE FREEDOM.
  34. high quality picture of Basiji guy throwing stone

I don't know how to put a picture in this message, but look for example at picture number 18 at:

A troubled week in Iran - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Because of the other pictures maybe someone better remove this message and instead put the picture nr 18 here?

Hold on there! I wish you strength and victory.