Customize

Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by AnonyFag, Apr 14, 2008.

1. A.Non Hubbard Member

Re: Jason Beghe sends a letter to DM!

Like most things Scientology, that contract is designed to intimidate rather than be honest.
  2. Eff Member

IANAL but this cannot possibly stand up in a court of law. The part that I bolded says "I hereby waive the rights of other people acting for my benefit." WHAT?
  3. MollyBloom Member

I like this Jason Beghe fellow, quite smart of him to ask for these back.

That contract is a sham, how can it ever be legal to make you sign away rights given to you by the constitution or laws of the land, won't ever hold up in a court IMO nor would most of the contracts that CoS has their 'parishioners' sign...

I hope everyone who is out starts pushing for their folders and tapes back.
  4. anon.il Member

So wait. Beghe tries to send this letter, it gets refused, so he posts it on monitored resistance forums?
    Sounds like this letter could use some help with getting to its destination.
    Something like dozens of mini-raids showing up with an enevelope.

What say you, Anon? Operation BegheMail?
  5. MollyBloom Member

If he sends it certified mail they have to sign for it, DM does not have to sign himself, although that's the basic requirement, but someone representing him does (it can't be signed by a minor on his behalf). If they refuse it or if they sign it that information is admissible in a court of law.

Any of the OG know how they handle certified mail?
  6. Re: Jason Beghe sends a letter to DM!

How do I joined JB fanclub?
  7. Sanjuricus Member

UK and European Ex's should get on the bandwagon with this. CoS's position is even worse over here and their sham of an excuse for a contract would get laughed out of court.

I'd get right on this myself but I've never had any doings with the Church of Lies....
  8. SamuelAdams Member

Keep in mind that there appears to be plenty of first hand accounts about how those folders are openly reviewed, discussed and laughed about by Org staff. They are by no means kept secret or confidential.

The Co$ clearly does not hold up to their end of the bargain in that agreement. His request sounds like adequate restitution.
  9. Ten Tigers Member

The most ethical group on earth... *snort*
  10. Nick McKussik Member

I read that Hubbard's orders were to refuse anything certified, or registered.

Nick
  11. felinonymous Member

I can't believe that I have never thought of this.

Those files should fall under the same protections as any therapeutic file developed for an individual which means that the information should be protected under the HIPPA privacy and portability laws. If I'm right, the coS would be required by law to provide Jason with a copy of his information. But they would be required to maintain the original file. That said, they would be required to maintain the original file in a very carefully defined manner that clarifies when and how the file may be touched and who has access to it. There are very clear definitions in HIPPA that define what is considered to be secure storage etc.

So now that I have my data privacy hat on, I am recalling vaguely that the coS has a rather large database- don't recall off hand if the core tables reside at Gold or Flag. Regardless, because there is a probability that the information residing on those db tables falls into the category of personal non-public information, that would also have to be compliant with data privacy and security laws.

Calling oneself a church doesn't mean that the rules don't apply because the laws are written to describe a transactional scenario that can cross business description lines. So a church that offers pastoral counseling and maintains a file of information about that counseling has to maintain that file to HIPPA standards.

Someone with more expertise, please weigh in here but I do believe that the coS may have a bigger problem than just one parishioner asking for his files.

This could get interesting.
  12. Shellback Member

This might also be true for DA folders. All those pictures they take at protests, all that information they collect on namefagged people? Can one not demand copies? This could start an avalanche. I sure a hell can't run around and collect private information on private individuals WO consent. That's called stalking in my part of the country. Why should a corporate entity, profit or non profit be allowed to do the same?
  13. roger gonnet Member

As one of the people off the cult since more than a quarter of a century and a warrior since, then an internet warrior since dec 1996 and an anti-scientology webmaster since march 1997, I've also tried to ask to get my files to the crimecult.

It did not even care to answer. Neither to refund the OT levels to me and my wife (she is dead, partly from cultic causes)

There has been one exemple of files never gotten back by the cult: it did not claim to get the Marseille's files back, and was REFUSED by Brussel's justice to get its files back. But they are totally afraid to give any file back, because it would become soooooo evident then that they are a mere fraud and nothing else.

Indeed, the cult would be then forced to recognize that the auditors are'nt in any way "scientific", neither "following Hubbard's techs", and therefore, the auditing hours should (admitting it is correct to audit someone, which is not the case either!) never have been paid.
  14. Samuel Hughes Member

there needs to be a class action suit to have EVERYONE's folders returned.
  15. Robert S Member

This is right. No such mail is accepted. It's policy. It is also very good policy to do the same for any certified mail coming from them, btw.
  16. Daywatch Member

A video request to be spammed all over the interbutts would be a good IDEA also
  17. An0nYm0use Member

he could press release his letter also (and as daywatch said a video)..
  18. Ten Tigers Member

^^^THIS!! That way, the whole world would know that he requested his folders, and they would be watching to see what the cult does. Also, other celebs who are in and afraid of blowing, out of fear for what their folders contain, might be encouraged by this.

Win idea is win.
  19. felinonymous Member

20. Ten Tigers Member

You know, more and more, I'm seeing a theme, here:

Sunlight disinfects. The cult, just like any other bully or abuser, is able to do the things they do, because victims refuse to speak out. This is the reason that they cannot mount an effective campaign against Anonymous. ANONYMOUS SPEAKS OUT!! Anonymous trumpets the crimes of the cult, has made videos of the cult's harassment, has made videos of the cult's bullbaiting tactics...

I suspect that this is the main reason why they have ceased to overtly harass Tory Christman and Mark Bunker: THEY SPEAK OUT!!

Jason, Tory, Mark, Arnie, ex-$cientology kids, and everyone else that they have harassed: Keep on speaking out!! Keep on making the cult's criminal, mafioso tactics public, and keep on putting them before the publc! The cult continues trying to be seen as a legitimate religion. And the cult fails and fails and fails -- And now, more than ever!!
  21. felinonymous Member

22. An0nYm0use Member

23. Re: Jason Beghe sends a letter to DM!

^^^^^^^^ THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!!!!!!!
    LAWFAGS!!!! TO ARMS!!!!!!

edit: Oh how I wish I could see the looks on their faces as the poor OSA trolls find this topic... I wish I could see DMs face when he learns about this. I can almost hear the cries of OSHI-
  24. Daywatch Member

25. Re: Jason Beghe sends a letter to DM!

Hmm, some scifags seem to be making comments there (village voice). Harpoons, anyone?
  26. MollyBloom Member

Everyone has the 'right' to refuse but...

Refusal of certified mail (which is designated by the Postal Employee at time of in person delivery on the form in a check box) in most states does not preclude you from being subject to the contents of the mailing. If you are 'served' through the US mail and a Postal Worker checks the box for 'refused' you are in the eyes of the court, served, whether you know the contents of the letter or not. At least this is the way it used to be on some small claims or family law matters. :shrug:
  27. momISanon Member

You guys are absolutely awesome! DM will teetee in his underoos, for sure.
  28. rhetoric Member

Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

Masterstroke :lrhcries:
  29. A.Non Hubbard Member

30. momISanon Member

You are right. That's how I've gotten things done. It goes DIRECT to the person named on the letter/package. I did that very thing with a complaint w/ Delta. Sent the letter to the CEO. They sign, you get notification they've received. Presto.
  31. YourMother Member

32. Daywatch Member

reposts are reposts of reposts

SCROLL b4 POSTING!
  33. A.Non Hubbard Member

Beghe could have made a statement then gone away... but he's going to make a big enough stink until he gets what he wants. And he has a posse.
  34. A.Non Hubbard Member

reposts are reposts of reposts

SCROLL b4 POSTING!
  35. anon1957 Member

Edit-this didn't go through like I planned. sorry.
  36. anon1957 Member

Molly is right. LRH's policy is ignorant of reality. There is a big difference between a certified letter which is refused at a known address (the Cult cannot say that DM is not "there" and that they don't know where he is!) and is not delivered because recipient has moved to an unknown location. If no one is home, then the PO leaves a notice and where to obtain it at the PO. If Cult secretaries are not passing along DM's personal mail to him (with the certified letter notice) then they are committing a Federal Crime by interfering with the delivery of the US mail--mail tampering is a FELONY! If he choses not to go to the PO and pick up his mail, he is not absolved from dealing with the contents.

If anyone ever sends a certified letter to you, don't think that you can avoid dealing with the issue by refusing it. I had a friend who tried that with collection agencies and guess what, he lost big time!
  37. Re: Jason Beghe sends a letter to DM!

So, IANAL, but isn't this saying that Jason, or anybody, can't sue the cult or scilons for the records, or anything at all, even if scilons were to beat the shit out of them to within an inch of their life?

Doesn't it also mean that nobody within the cult is allowed to sue Jason? Isn't it true that the word "employed" can refer to the past tense?

Is there even any possible way this could hold up in court?
  38. Daywatch Member

let us all hope that this and his video are just the first steps JB is taking to undo the damage he has done to countless people by shilling/recruiting for this criminal cult for 15+ years
  39. timthephoto Member

from what i've seen over the years..

western governments seem to have had it with what basically amounts to criminals avoiding the music - by exploiting the fine print of the document delivery rules. in response they seem more willing than ever to proceed in the absence of persons not responding to written shit.

if someone served identical docs to a sci address and all their (various) attorney's, they wouldn't dare not turn up at court. in fact if i'm not mistaken, discussing the behaviour re doc proc with the issuing authority will get the case marked up for "en absentia" hearing to avoid undue delays.

what would be excellent.. many ex sci's to request files etc and go straight to court. proceed immediately because you just know. NOT class action. what would matter here is the sheer number of suits spread over so many places.

Sue for money - by not providing the files they negate the benefit of any courses - partial/full refund. SO & staff use minimum legal wage for your calculation since it was your time that paid for your training. Maybe even the value of the courses because you obviously earned them.

the only difference between the 2500+ lawsuits that Co$ used on IRS and all those possible here, is that claims like this are meritorious, and Co$ lawsuits are not.

They Showed You The Way - Be a Mirror
  40. Scientragedy Member

The piece says, "Since Beghe was close to Miscavige and to the people in Scientology but can’t get any answers from them, here’s an idea: Maybe Oprah Winfrey can ask Tom Cruise about all this during one of their two-hour-long interviews in the next week."

Like THAT would ever happen!
    He (Tom Cruise) probably already knows the questions he will be asked.

Maybe SHE could give the letter to Tom on national TV and ask him to deliver it to David MissCabbage! That would be great!