Customize

Everybody Draw Mohamed Day 2012

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, May 6, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Funny thing is, no one who would get severely pissed off by this thread will ever read it. Seems like a wasted troll.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

I'd argue that they had a point about representations. I mean, look at the amount of people who believe what they see on TV, not to mention idolise (no pun) those they see on it.

Muslim architecture is cool when you're stoned, BTW. They were onto something ;)
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. grebe Member

Again, I think Draw Mo Day is aimed at proving the rule against images of the prophet absurd, incoherent, and ultimately impossible to enforce. Any anger provoked is merely an anticipated side effect.

This thread is a little chanology debate about whether we should take an interest in Draw Mo Day or not. So it's okay if hardly any muslims read it.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. PresidentShaw Member

Thing is, I don't think the majority of people who draw mohamed on that day see it that way.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. grebe Member

Most of the examples at the beginning of this thread do a pretty good job with lulzy absurdity. There are some outliers, like I think a youtube of Mohammad sucking Satan's cock, which I didn't watch due to the title. It might be good. I dunno.

There is a difference between speaking out about something you feel strongly about in spite of the offense it may cause, and saying something because you *want* to upset someone. This distinction is probably lost on a lot of people, due to their having the dumb.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Next: "Call Someone 'Nigger' Day"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

That's everyday, nigger.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. PresidentShaw Member

Idk, it just feels like its a big bandwagon and it doesn't really achieve anything. I'd rather see people focus on what unites us as humans rather than what divides us. That being said I'm no one's mom and people do whatever they want lol.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Yeah, sure "ShawMom"
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

It does achieve everything. No Muslims or non-Muslims were since dead because of stupid pictures. We should remember the dead on both sides and keep the peace by - keep drawing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Stop making sense.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. whosit Member

Just wondering? Why is zionism wrong? Is it wrong for Jews to go back to their homeland?
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Xenu Is Lord Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. PresidentShaw Member

Hi rof, I love you too
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. WhiteNight Member

I would dispute the term "homeland". We all came from Africa, doesn't mean that I can rock up in Africa and claim I am owed a slice because it's my "homeland".
    Inb4Britishdidthatalreadykinda

That aside, I wouldn't say that Draw Mighty Mo day is all about insulting individuals because of their faith. Of all the Muslims I know, none of them are offended (though I admit that only one of them is particularly zealous, the rest are moderate) by Draw Mo Day. They're occasionally irritated by people's use of it as a jsutifcation to make fun of Muslims though. It about forcing the institutions build around the Muslim faith, the nations which profess that they are Islamic and the fanatical nutjobs (of whom there are a few in every religion) to be tolerant.
    They must learn that they cannot try to silence people for legal, peaceful and relatively innocent disagreement with their principles.
    Draw Mo Day gets the most reaction from the extremists while getting the least reaction from moderates. I'd call that a pretty well-targeted campeign.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

Not sure if trolling, but...

First of all, of someone already lives there, it's not your land. inb4USA.
    Second of all, the purported premise of Zionism is a "Jewish and democratic state", which by definition is racist (if the Jews are really a race at all), as the other ethnic groups living in the land of Palestine would have to be cleansed for this to be made so.

Got it?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

0a4f2d1c99b19e2fa77325542e62b26d.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Muslims simply asserting

(1) that people outside their religion do not have freedom of speech in relation to the religion;
    (2) the right to kill apostates, atheists, homosexuals, and blasphemers;
    (3) the objectification and propietorship over women;
    (4) the propriety of slave ownership and subjugation of non-Muslims;
    (5) denial of freedom of expression of belief and and other religions

are not good reason for anyone to go disobeying strict Muslim commands about not drawing pictures.

If you don't show respect for their beliefs they might start to think their beliefs don't deserve your respect and obedience.

If you don't have some discipline, filthy infidels, and hold your tongues and your pens, you might give some protection and space to people who would leave Islam if they thought they had moral support.

It's like making fun of L Ron Hubbard - highly offensive to people who justify their actions by following him as a God.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dott Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

It's equally offensive, if not much more, for LRH followers to sneak into schools, do some pr, and then write a lot about where LRH just pee there. The easy way to stop it, or narconon and such, is to show the evidence that LRH is a liar and he made it up. If the truth is offensive, so be it.

One cannot appear to obey stupid laws that don't even apply to us. Worse, law for protecting the image of a child sex offender.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

English? You speak it?
  22. Anonymous Member

WTF is " Iranian Holocaust competition day???
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, you moron. It's exactly the same as drawing depictions of a religious figure.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

No, but that's wrong to kick the residents out.

[quote="Bozuri, post: 2124154, member: 59477"But I subscribe to the notion as verbalized by Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."[/quote]

I've stopped counting the number of time, I read this notion on W2P
  25. Anonymous Member

And you still don't know how to quote someone ? You, retard.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. decker Member

Off-topic:
    <--- Proud Dane. Denmark is known for:
    Cartoons
    High income-tax
    Carlsberg
    One of the higest % of youth drinking (but hey also one of happiest youth)

On-topic:
    Nothing carry on...

Ohhhhh wait:
    We need to silence the people that says that freedom of expression does not apply to everyone. They should not have a voice in the debate !
    Wait what !?!??!
  27. Anonymous Member

Wait What?
    People who wish to prevent any debate occuring should have their views recognised in a debate????
  28. Anonymous Member

Oh sry, i delete the "]" shame on me :'(
  29. Anonymous Member

Everyone did not "draw Mohamed".
    Both idea and thread are fail.
  30. Anonymous Member

If by pissed off you mean no longer burning embassies and killing folks they we agree.
  31. Anonymous Member

Yeah, after all the US would never burn embassies nor kill folks.

Hypocritical fags are hypocritical.
  32. Anonymous Member

What makes you think I suppose the US....???
  33. Anonymous Member

Maybe you wouldn't, but it's the US vs Islam, or haven't you heard?
  34. Anonymous Member

I thought it was free speech Vs intimidation.
  35. Anonymous Member

Yeah, those big bad Muslims are gonna fly their drones over our houses and kill us indiscriminately.

Oh, wait, is that free speech nao?
  36. Anonymous Member

With a friend, we were kidding about doing a comic with the smurfs but instead on smurfs it would be some Hitler or arians nazis and put Schlutz the jew as gargamel, just for joking and criticize fascism. I will never do that cause everybody keeps yelling at me that if I do that I will be sue, "You CAN'T do that". I think my freedom expression is not respected, so if you love drawing some mohammed, could someone help to draw that bad jew rape the frauleïn smurfette ? Or do you find that offensive (At least, I'm sure my english is offensive to natives, I apologize)
  37. PresidentShaw Member

wxrq0.jpg
  38. Anonymous Member

Newsflash for you. Cartoons of Jews with giant noses drinking the blood of Christian babies while laughing evil laughter are drawn everyday. Do you see any violent riots over it? No. The anti-defamation league would bitch about it, but no church, mosques or any other religious institutions are burned over that shit. That is freedom of speech.
  39. PresidentShaw Member

You are right, they have b'nai brith to sue you instead.
  40. WhiteNight Member

You faggots still butthurt over this shit?